FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

Message 71 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

A small part of a lenghty article everyone should read:

One is the circumstances that may have led to “looting” in the first place: according to the Washington Post, steep price gouging in many areas has left some unable to afford essentials like water, groceries, fuel, or a place to stay. In one instance, the outlet reported that a business in southeastern Texas was attempting to sell cases of bottled water for $99. A Houston Best Buy also received criticism for pricing its cases at $42, according to one Grit Post reporter. Overall, the reporter tweeted, the Texas attorney general’s office had “received 550 complaints & 225 emails about price gouging, with more coming in consistently.”

Link : https://thinkprogress.org/the-racist-hurricane-looting-narrative-has-resurfaced-after-harvey-a227601...

If you dont like my source, please provide your own factual source.

I agree - those gougers are despicable and hopefully will be severely dealt with. 

Now back to the topic - do you know that those looters were victims of gougers.

As to thinkprogress.org - certainly not unbiased and when they started writing about white women getting raped by black men, it was obvious they had gone far afield and were just putting their biases out to cover the looter so that Fox could be slammed.

I don't know what "factual source" you want me to offer about rape when the topic is it being racist to report on looting.

you cant refute the topic, what fox did, so you bait, then switch.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

One is the circumstances that may have led to “looting” in the first place: according to the Washington Post, steep price gouging in many areas has left some unable to afford essentials like water, groceries, fuel, or a place to stay. In one instance, the outlet reported that a business in southeastern Texas was attempting to sell cases of bottled water for $99. A Houston Best Buy also received criticism for pricing its cases at $42, according to one Grit Post reporter. Overall, the reporter tweeted, the Texas attorney general’s office had “received 550 complaints & 225 emails about price gouging, with more coming in consistently.”

Link : https://thinkprogress.org/the-racist-hurricane-looting-narrative-has-resurfaced-after-harvey-a227601...

I agree - those gougers are despicable and hopefully will be severely dealt with. 

Now back to the topic - do you know that those looters were victims of gougers.

As to thinkprogress.org - certainly not unbiased and when they started writing about white women getting raped by black men, it was obvious they had gone far afield and were just putting their biases out to cover the looter so that Fox could be slammed.

I don't know what "factual source" you want me to offer about rape when the topic is it being racist to report on looting.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 106

@jimc91 wrote:

What a bigoted rant from the left!  The links do not support the rant

This from a poster that seems to hate fox watches Tucker Carlson?  I doubt it...  More left hysteria from a poster that is obsessed with hate and anger...

what an existance...

Do enjoy your day...

Why thank you - your failed attempt to castigate is highest praise and sweetest compliment.

I shall indeed very much enjoy all of my days...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 106

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Back to playing your silly games again, I see. How soon will it be before you accuse others of doing that?

Apparently you did not see the decree by this poster that we are not on "discussion boards" where people discuss. Nope, these are bulletin boards.

So, what is the game you refer to??

And more important - do you have any thoughts on the so called bias of Fox over that less than five minute segment?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 106

@jimc91 wrote:

This from a poster that seems to hate fox watches Tucker Carlson?  I doubt it...  More left hysteria from a poster that is obsessed with hate and anger...

what an existance...

Do enjoy your day...

You're right, jim.  There are people out there that are so obsessed with and comsumed by negativity and hatred that they see every thing through those sad prisms.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 106

@jimc91 wrote:

what an existance...

I note that the only post to this topic that sounds like it's full of "hate and hysteria"", is your's, Jim.

Quite the existence, as you say....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 106

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

When and where did Centrist make this post you have quoted rk?

Did I misattribute?

.....it's what racists do.

If I misattributed through poor editing I thought that a meo culpa would resolve the matter. but since I am now being called a racist for that editing error, it may require a bit more attention.

oceanedge2 did not call you a racist - merely observed that racists have been observed to misattribute.

It has further been observed over the last century and a half that racists have on multiple occasions deliberately misrepresented/misattributed/distorted historical facts to support their biased/bigoted scenarios...

That is something well worth discussing but, since you have decreed that these are not places for discussion - merely for putting up bulletins, I guess another medium will have to be found.

Back to playing your silly games again, I see. How soon will it be before you accuse others of doing that?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 106

what an existance...

Do enjoy your day...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

When and where did Centrist make this post you have quoted rk?

Did I misattribute?

.....it's what racists do.

If I misattributed through poor editing I thought that a meo culpa would resolve the matter. but since I am now being called a racist for that editing error, it may require a bit more attention.

oceanedge2 did not call you a racist - merely observed that racists have been observed to misattribute.

It has further been observed over the last century and a half that racists have on multiple occasions deliberately misrepresented/misattributed/distorted historical facts to support their biased/bigoted scenarios...

That is something well worth discussing but, since you have decreed that these are not places for discussion - merely for putting up bulletins, I guess another medium will have to be found.

Your posted opinion is noted.   It's veracity has not yet been verified.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.