FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

Message 61 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

The issue is "racism" not "depth of reporting". So, again - can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

In honest discussion, Ergo and QED are preceded by some logic, some proof of the allegation.

By the same token, can you call FOX sexist; based on Roger Ailes decades long sexual dalliances, Bill O'Reilly's departure, and Eric Bolling's suspension? Can you call FOX sexist because they are willing to let a few million be paid here, and few firings there, and a huge legal team to handle their unusual work culture?

Yes, you can.

As with most things, the old saying "where there is smoke, there is fire" applies. If video is tailored to make a specific false premise seem true; then that video becomes evidence of intention. You can't just pretend they didn't use it.

Because you see, that's what FOX does as a FALSE NEWS NETWORK they enhance their verbiage with out of context video in order to "PROVE" their verbiage. Bannon and Brietbart use the same bastardization of journalism.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 106

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

True - in skimming it, I saw nothing to make the point of the topic and when I got to the "black men raping white women" part I knew there was no point in it.

So, forget about what thinkprogress.org thinks, what do you think? Can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

What did the clip add to the NEWS Fox pretends to report? Nothing? So why air it? To feed their racist viewership the stuff they need to stay racist. Ergo Fox is Racist. QED.

The issue is "racism" not "depth of reporting". So, again - can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

In honest discussion, Ergo and QED are preceded by some logic, some proof of the allegation.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

A small part of a lenghty article everyone should read:

One is the circumstances that may have led to “looting” in the first place: according to the Washington Post, steep price gouging in many areas has left some unable to afford essentials like water, groceries, fuel, or a place to stay. In one instance, the outlet reported that a business in southeastern Texas was attempting to sell cases of bottled water for $99. A Houston Best Buy also received criticism for pricing its cases at $42, according to one Grit Post reporter. Overall, the reporter tweeted, the Texas attorney general’s office had “received 550 complaints & 225 emails about price gouging, with more coming in consistently.”

Link : https://thinkprogress.org/the-racist-hurricane-looting-narrative-has-resurfaced-after-harvey-a227601...

If you dont like my source, please provide your own factual source.

I agree - those gougers are despicable and hopefully will be severely dealt with. 

Now back to the topic - do you know that those looters were victims of gougers.

As to thinkprogress.org - certainly not unbiased and when they started writing about white women getting raped by black men, it was obvious they had gone far afield and were just putting their biases out to cover the looter so that Fox could be slammed.

I don't know what "factual source" you want me to offer about rape when the topic is it being racist to report on looting.

you cant refute the topic, what fox did, so you bait, then switch.

If there was any baiting and switching it was your post about black men raping white women. That was not the topic. The topic had to do with looting - Fox did a report on the looting - and someone saw that as racist - why?

Why can't I refute something that is purely biased. As I posted earlier the whole story started with an ABC reporter yet the Part Line is to overlook that overlook the truth of the looting and play the race card.

Now, those are the facts - refute away......

The fact is, you didnt read the entire article, OR, you reading comprehension does not allow you to glean more than one point from a multipart article. I could post the pertinent part FOR YOU, but i wont. 

True - in skimming it, I saw nothing to make the point of the topic and when I got to the "black men raping white women" part I knew there was no point in it.

So, forget about what thinkprogress.org thinks, what do you think? Can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

Why yes, of course, Fox has always been decidely more racist than it has been non-racist...

This is yet another verification that Fox has always slanted its news reporting - the times it has not told outright bald-faced lies...

pretty good statement on only seeing what you want to see too.

Fine - another bulletin and an allegation. But the bottom line remains - "Can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

What did the clip add to the NEWS Fox pretends to report? Nothing? So why air it? To feed their racist viewership the stuff they need to stay racist. Ergo Fox is Racist. QED.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

One is the circumstances that may have led to “looting” in the first place: according to the Washington Post, steep price gouging in many areas has left some unable to afford essentials like water, groceries, fuel, or a place to stay. In one instance, the outlet reported that a business in southeastern Texas was attempting to sell cases of bottled water for $99. A Houston Best Buy also received criticism for pricing its cases at $42, according to one Grit Post reporter. Overall, the reporter tweeted, the Texas attorney general’s office had “received 550 complaints & 225 emails about price gouging, with more coming in consistently.”

Link : https://thinkprogress.org/the-racist-hurricane-looting-narrative-has-resurfaced-after-harvey-a227601...

I agree - those gougers are despicable and hopefully will be severely dealt with. 

As to thinkprogress.org - certainly not unbiased and when they started writing about white women getting raped by black men, it was obvious they had gone far afield and were just putting their biases out to cover the looter so that Fox could be slammed.

I don't know what "factual source" you want me to offer about rape when the topic is it being racist to report on looting.

If there was any baiting and switching it was your post about black men raping white women. That was not the topic. The topic had to do with looting - Fox did a report on the looting - and someone saw that as racist - why?

Why can't I refute something that is purely biased. As I posted earlier the whole story started with an ABC reporter yet the Part Line is to overlook that overlook the truth of the looting and play the race card.

The fact is, you didnt read the entire article, OR, you reading comprehension does not allow you to glean more than one point from a multipart article. I could post the pertinent part FOR YOU, but i wont. 

Why yes, of course, Fox has always been decidely more racist than it has been non-racist...

This is yet another verification that Fox has always slanted its news reporting - the times it has not told outright bald-faced lies...

Indeed - you have your beliefs/opinions - based upon your experiences and accumulated knowledge - and I have mine - based upon my experiences and accumulated knowledge - all of which have influenced the directions our individual lives have taken...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 106

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 106

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.