Reply
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
346
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

346 Views
Message 41 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

What are the chances all the looters captured on video were black? Near zero, because some poor white people are going to take advantage of such a situation too, agreed? So what are the chances Fox will broadcast ONLY the footage of black looters? 100%, because that's what they did.  They did it because THEY KNOW THEIR AUDIENCE.

 o


1) Carlson was broadcasting a defense of an ABC reporter. Really?  Why would that be necessary?  That could be said about a lot of the news broadcasts. But, why was it so important as to rate a topic here?  Because most objective people can see right through the passive racism of Fox....it's what they do.  So, you can get off of your Fox kick.  Why?  It's obviously Fox was placating their racist viewers. Obvious only to those peering at the world through their narrow, little racist prism.  So, you see it too?

 

2) Do you suppose Carlson photoshopped that video. How about the videos of other cases of looting - during riots for example?  What about them? Were they racist, were they photoshopped, and, based on your comment above, was every news outlet placating their racist viewers?  Could be, but the topic is Fox and they have a history of placating their racist viewers.

 

It was less than a five minute segment - you are obsessing. Again, I suspect it is the hatred thing. In this case Fox.  Why would you support a network that Kotows to racists?  You claim to be concerned about racism. I wouldn't, I am.  You did.  You've failed to demonstrate any such belief.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
346
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
344
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

344 Views
Message 42 of 106

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
 

Are you saying that Fox photoshopped the video shown? And what about the ABC reporter. Was he racist too? Does that mean that ABC is racist too?


@nctarheel please clarify your thought in the above post as I am not sure of your point.


@rk9152,

 

I don't know what is so hard to understand regarding Tucker Carlson's obvious racist reporting style.

Well, one very good reason would be that Tucker Carlson does not have a racist reporting style. 

 

Here's your further clarification.

 

I don't believe the ABC reporter prefaced the showing of the video with comments like:

 

"MASS DESTRUCTION HAS BROUGHT WITH IT A BREAKDOWN IN LAW AND ORDER"

No he didn't - the report was based on his pointing out the looting. Do you find "BREAKDOWN IN LAW AND ORDER" to be "racist"? If so, you have a real problem with your prism.

 

 

I also don't believe that the ABC reporter was interviewing anybody that used language when referring to the video such as:

 

"WHAT KIND OF SAVAGE MAN BEAST DO YOU NEED TO WALK INTO A SMALL BUSINESS."

If you consider "SAVAGE MAN BEAST" to be racist - again, better have your prism checked.

 

Those comments, in conjunction with the "out of context" video, made their intention crystal clear.

How was it out of context? The topic was looting.

 

Face it, FOX is a network led by those that have a WHITE MALE SUPREMACIST agenda. Their corporate culture relating to those of color and women is plainly evident in their reporting and use of "out of context" videos.

Let's face it - that is your bias. But then, isn't everyone to the right of Che Guevara racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, and - all to often - rich?

 

Those that trust FOX's News reports, such as Donald Trump, subscribe to the same racial and gender philosophy as FOX.

Or to their slightly less neoMarxist ideology.

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
344
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
351
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

351 Views
Message 43 of 106

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

What are the chances all the looters captured on video were black? Near zero, because some poor white people are going to take advantage of such a situation too, agreed? So what are the chances Fox will broadcast ONLY the footage of black looters? 100%, because that's what they did.  They did it because THEY KNOW THEIR AUDIENCE.

 


1) Carlson was broadcasting a defense of an ABC reporter. Really?  Why would that be necessary?  That could be said about a lot of the news broadcasts. But, why was it so important as to rate a topic here?So, you can get off of your Fox kick.  Why?  It's obviously Fox was placating their racist viewers. Obvious only to those peering at the world through their narrow, little racist prism.

2) Do you suppose Carlson photoshopped that video. How about the videos of other cases of looting - during riots for example?  What about them? Were they racist, were they photoshopped, and, based on your comment above, was every news outlet placating their racist viewers?

 

It was less than a five minute segment - you are obsessing. Again, I suspect it is the hatred thing. In this case Fox.  Why would you support a network that Kotows to racists?  You claim to be concerned about racism. I wouldn't, I am.


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
351
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
373
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

373 Views
Message 44 of 106

Just more of the same from the Right-wing race baiters.....

 

As Florida gears up to be hit by the next massive hurricane of this season, an analysis of conservative media coverage during Hurricane Harvey shows that many outlets spread overblown and often-times false narratives about black looters in the hard-hit city of Houston, Texas.

 

The analysis, conducted by Media Matters, shows that hosts and guests on Fox News and InfoWars propagated thinly-veiled stories about looters in Houston despite the city’s police department itself stating that “looting [was] almost non existent” during Harvey. The city reported 14 arrests on August 30 — a low number, the analysis notes, for a metropolitan area of more than six million people.

 

Nevertheless, Fox News pundit Tucker Carlson had Republican congressional candidate Dan Bongino, a former police officer, on his show on August 30 to discuss the issue.

 

“What kind of like certifiable savage man-beast do you need to be to walk into a small business [and loot]?” Bongino said during the segment.

 

On the same day, Griff Jenkins, a correspondent on President Donald Trump’s “favorite program” Fox & Friends, said Houston looters were “criminals that have unleashed the worst that humanity has to offer.”

 

Meanwhile, InfoWars’ Alex Jones trafficked an even more blatantly false and racist story when he claimed that Houston saw a proliferation of “black gangs” deliberately robbing white people.

 

“[They’re] saying, ‘Look at what we looted, look at what we got,'” Jones claimed on August 29. “They’re putting it on Twitter, ‘We’re robbing the white folks, they deserve it.'”

 

Soon after, Snopes documented outlets — both right-wing and more mainstream — retweeting and discussing posts under the Twitter hashtag “#HarveyLootCrew.” Their investigation revealed that two Twitter accounts posing as black men in Houston who claimed to be looting neighborhoods populated by presumably white “racist Trump supporters” were, in fact, fake.

 

“It isn’t difficult to discern the motivation behind these fake tweets,” the Snopes report states, “which were obviously created to sow fear and racial hatred in a time of crisis.”

 

more at:   Alex Jones hyped fake news about ‘black gangs’ looting after Hurricane Harvey

 

Sadly, these whities who should feel "guilt", don't.  They'll do anything they can to perpetuate racist lies......not surprisingly, they are Conservatives, lying for the Conservative Way.....pathetic pieces of trash.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
373
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
348
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

348 Views
Message 45 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:
 

Are you saying that Fox photoshopped the video shown? And what about the ABC reporter. Was he racist too? Does that mean that ABC is racist too?


@nctarheel please clarify your thought in the above post as I am not sure of your point.


@rk9152,

 

I don't know what is so hard to understand regarding Tucker Carlson's obvious racist reporting style.

 

Here's your further clarification.

 

I don't believe the ABC reporter prefaced the showing of the video with comments like:

 

"MASS DESTRUCTION HAS BROUGHT WITH IT A BREAKDOWN IN LAW AND ORDER"

 

I also don't believe that the ABC reporter was interviewing anybody that used language when referring to the video such as:

 

"WHAT KIND OF SAVAGE MAN BEAST DO YOU NEED TO WALK INTO A SMALL BUSINESS."

 

Those comments, in conjunction with the "out of context" video, made their intention crystal clear.

 

Face it, FOX is a network led by those that have a WHITE MALE SUPREMACIST agenda. Their corporate culture relating to those of color and women is plainly evident in their reporting and use of "out of context" videos.

 

Those that trust FOX's News reports, such as Donald Trump, subscribe to the same racial and gender philosophy as FOX.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
348
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
337
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

337 Views
Message 46 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

What are the chances all the looters captured on video were black? Near zero, because some poor white people are going to take advantage of such a situation too, agreed? So what are the chances Fox will broadcast ONLY the footage of black looters? 100%, because that's what they did.  They did it because THEY KNOW THEIR AUDIENCE.

 


1) Carlson was broadcasting a defense of an ABC reporter. Really?  Why would that be necessary?  So, you can get off of your Fox kick.  Why?  It's obviously Fox was placating their racist viewers.

2) Do you suppose Carlson photoshopped that video. How about the videos of other cases of looting - during riots for example?  What about them?

 

It was less than a five minute segment - you are obsessing. Again, I suspect it is the hatred thing. In this case Fox.  Why would you support a network that Kotows to racists?  You claim to be concerned about racism.


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
337
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
349
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

349 Views
Message 47 of 106

@nctarheel wrote:

@k397840k wrote:

Some of the looters may be ppl that stayed following Katrina.  It is not unfathomable that after seeing looters walk away with huge TVs and other valuable items during Katrina, believe it.  The only difference  is Texans are  ready to shoot to protect property.  With businesses, no one is there bc the flooding hasn't  receded enough, so the opportunity is there!


Actually, the thread's subject is about how FOX NETWORK used a racist slant in the reporting of looting. I am not sure about the point you are attempting to make in your post though.

 

 

 

Are you saying that Fox photoshopped the video shown? And what about the ABC reporter. Was he racist too? Does that mean that ABC is racist too?


@nctarheel please clarify your thought in the above post as I am not sure of your point.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
349
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
347
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

347 Views
Message 48 of 106

@Olderscout66 wrote:

What are the chances all the looters captured on video were black? Near zero, because some poor white people are going to take advantage of such a situation too, agreed? So what are the chances Fox will broadcast ONLY the footage of black looters? 100%, because that's what they did.  They did it because THEY KNOW THEIR AUDIENCE.

 


1) Carlson was broadcasting a defense of an ABC reporter. So, you can get off of your Fox kick.

2) Do you suppose Carlson photoshopped that video. How about the videos of other cases of looting - during riots for example?

 

It was less than a five minute segment - you are obsessing. Again, I suspect it is the hatred thing. In this case Fox.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
347
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
377
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

377 Views
Message 49 of 106

@k397840k wrote:

Some of the looters may be ppl that stayed following Katrina.  It is not unfathomable that after seeing looters walk away with huge TVs and other valuable items during Katrina, believe it.  The only difference  is Texans are  ready to shoot to protect property.  With businesses, no one is there bc the flooding hasn't  receded enough, so the opportunity is there!


Actually, the thread's subject is about how FOX NETWORK used a racist slant in the reporting of looting. I am not sure about the point you are attempting to make in your post though.

 

Are you saying some of the BLACK people from New Orleans stayed in Houston after Katrina and they are your looters?

 

Or are you saying that BLACK people would hesitate to loot in TEXAS because TEXANS would shoot them but in NEW ORLEANS they wouldn't get shot?

 

@k397840k, please clarify your thought in the above post as I am not sure of your point.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
377
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
380
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

380 Views
Message 50 of 106

Some of the looters may be ppl that stayed following Katrina.  It is not unfathomable that after seeing looters walk away with huge TVs and other valuable items during Katrina, believe it.  The only difference  is Texans are  ready to shoot to protect property.  With businesses, no one is there bc the flooding hasn't  receded enough, so the opportunity is there!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
380
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors