Honored Social Butterfly

FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

First of all, let's get this clear.

With over 6,000,000 people in the Houston area; there has been 14 arrests for looting.

So when TUCKER CARLSON and his guest, Dan Bongino, used "racist dog whistle" after "racist dog whistle", their comments had NO BASIS in fact. Carlson said, "Mass devastation has brought with it a breakdown in "LAW AND ORDER". His guest chimed in with, "What kind of certifiable "SAVAGE MAN BEAST" do you need to walk into a small business.....". These comments were being spoken as footage of the ALLEGED looting by Black people of one store was being shown over and over again. The majority of products in this store were left untouched; only some survival items were taken.

That takes us back to Katrina and how WHITES and BLACKS are portrayed by the RIGHT WING MEDIA. Photos of Black people carrying goods through Katrina's waters were described as having "looted" the goods while WHITES carrying goods were described as having "found" the goods.

This racist narrative by RIGHT WING MEDIA like Fox is not lost on TEXANS who have the means to enhance "SECURITY" to prevent "THE LOOTERS" from entering their neighborhood.

https://twitter.com/lydiadepillis/status/903238505387700224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%...

Trump subscribes to Carlson and his gang's world view of race. It is a view of division.

It is a positive sign that many have been working together, in spite of, the barrage of "racist dog whistles" being lobbed by RIGHT WING MEDIA.

However, that neighborhood above, took Carlson's false narrative to heart and has spent extra money to defend against an imaginary "savage" horde.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

A small part of a lenghty article everyone should read:

One is the circumstances that may have led to “looting” in the first place: according to the Washington Post, steep price gouging in many areas has left some unable to afford essentials like water, groceries, fuel, or a place to stay. In one instance, the outlet reported that a business in southeastern Texas was attempting to sell cases of bottled water for $99. A Houston Best Buy also received criticism for pricing its cases at $42, according to one Grit Post reporter. Overall, the reporter tweeted, the Texas attorney general’s office had “received 550 complaints & 225 emails about price gouging, with more coming in consistently.”

Link : https://thinkprogress.org/the-racist-hurricane-looting-narrative-has-resurfaced-after-harvey-a227601...

If you dont like my source, please provide your own factual source.

I agree - those gougers are despicable and hopefully will be severely dealt with. 

Now back to the topic - do you know that those looters were victims of gougers.

As to thinkprogress.org - certainly not unbiased and when they started writing about white women getting raped by black men, it was obvious they had gone far afield and were just putting their biases out to cover the looter so that Fox could be slammed.

I don't know what "factual source" you want me to offer about rape when the topic is it being racist to report on looting.

you cant refute the topic, what fox did, so you bait, then switch.

If there was any baiting and switching it was your post about black men raping white women. That was not the topic. The topic had to do with looting - Fox did a report on the looting - and someone saw that as racist - why?

Why can't I refute something that is purely biased. As I posted earlier the whole story started with an ABC reporter yet the Part Line is to overlook that overlook the truth of the looting and play the race card.

Now, those are the facts - refute away......

The fact is, you didnt read the entire article, OR, you reading comprehension does not allow you to glean more than one point from a multipart article. I could post the pertinent part FOR YOU, but i wont. 

True - in skimming it, I saw nothing to make the point of the topic and when I got to the "black men raping white women" part I knew there was no point in it.

So, forget about what thinkprogress.org thinks, what do you think? Can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

True - in skimming it, I saw nothing to make the point of the topic and when I got to the "black men raping white women" part I knew there was no point in it.

So, forget about what thinkprogress.org thinks, what do you think? Can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

What did the clip add to the NEWS Fox pretends to report? Nothing? So why air it? To feed their racist viewership the stuff they need to stay racist. Ergo Fox is Racist. QED.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

What did the clip add to the NEWS Fox pretends to report? Nothing? So why air it? To feed their racist viewership the stuff they need to stay racist. Ergo Fox is Racist. QED.

The issue is "racism" not "depth of reporting". So, again - can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

In honest discussion, Ergo and QED are preceded by some logic, some proof of the allegation.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

The issue is "racism" not "depth of reporting". So, again - can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??

In honest discussion, Ergo and QED are preceded by some logic, some proof of the allegation.

By the same token, can you call FOX sexist; based on Roger Ailes decades long sexual dalliances, Bill O'Reilly's departure, and Eric Bolling's suspension? Can you call FOX sexist because they are willing to let a few million be paid here, and few firings there, and a huge legal team to handle their unusual work culture?

Yes, you can.

As with most things, the old saying "where there is smoke, there is fire" applies. If video is tailored to make a specific false premise seem true; then that video becomes evidence of intention. You can't just pretend they didn't use it.

Because you see, that's what FOX does as a FALSE NEWS NETWORK they enhance their verbiage with out of context video in order to "PROVE" their verbiage. Bannon and Brietbart use the same bastardization of journalism.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

By the same token, can you call FOX sexist; based on Roger Ailes decades long sexual dalliances, Bill O'Reilly's departure, and Eric Bolling's suspension? Can you call FOX sexist because they are willing to let a few million be paid here, and few firings there, and a huge legal team to handle their unusual work culture?

Yes, you can.

As with most things, the old saying "where there is smoke, there is fire" applies. If video is tailored to make a specific false premise seem true; then that video becomes evidence of intention. You can't just pretend they didn't use it.

Because you see, that's what FOX does as a FALSE NEWS NETWORK they enhance their verbiage with out of context video in order to "PROVE" their verbiage. Bannon and Brietbart use the same bastardization of journalism.

Many words, little meaning. Let's get back to  the basics.

Someone at ABC sent a message about looting. Carlson took that and created a less than 5 minute segment. And now, he is a racist because.......well, now it gets a bit fuzzy. I think it is becasue the footage showed black looters.

Now, I don't know if the claim is that Carlson photoshopped the footage, but other than that, where is the racism??

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes, you can.

Many words, little meaning. Let's get back to  the basics.

Someone at ABC sent a message about looting. Carlson took that and created a less than 5 minute segment. And now, he is a racist because.......well, now it gets a bit fuzzy. I think it is becasue the footage showed black looters.

Now, I don't know if the claim is that Carlson photoshopped the footage, but other than that, where is the racism??

the topic broken down is Fox is racist in its coverage. 

here is a simple search, not mentioning Fox or racism. I noticed the news from fox outlets was designed to denigrate minorites and tug on the fear that whites have of white women getting raped by a minority. Even the NPR article shows this..in the Police Chiefs statements. us against them. Its driving an ingrained narrative. Black guy looting, white people finding. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=coverage+of+looting+in+houston&oq=coverage+of+looting+in+houston&aqs...

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

I noticed the news from fox outlets was designed to denigrate minorites and tug on the fear that whites have of white women getting raped by a minority

Do you not realize that you "noticing" such a thing defines a bias against Fox.

We all see what we want to see. If you see something about white women getting raped as a Fox "event" - so be it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

I noticed the news from fox outlets was designed to denigrate minorites and tug on the fear that whites have of white women getting raped by a minority

We all see what we want to see. If you see something about white women getting raped as a Fox "event" - so be it.

actually its spotting trends. just hit that link and read the headlines matched to the source. 

One of the difference between conservatives and liberals is they see a picture differently. Liberls see the big picture, conservatives the small one. 

Imagine a movie..that you have to watch frame by frame. A conservative will see one frame and call that the fact of the movie. it seldom is.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

actually its spotting trends. just hit that link and read the headlines matched to the source. 

One of the difference between conservatives and liberals is they see a picture differently. Liberls see the big picture, conservatives the small one. 

Imagine a movie..that you have to watch frame by frame. A conservative will see one frame and call that the fact of the movie. it seldom is.

"Spotting trends" is of course easily based on biases. We "see" the "trends" that conform with our expectations.

In this particular case, you can see the anger in the guy over the theft of another person's property (taking advantage of a tragedy), not race. However, if one has a bias about Fox's "trends" he will see that which validates that bias.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"Spotting trends" is of course easily based on biases. We "see" the "trends" that conform with our expectations.

In this particular case, you can see the anger in the guy over the theft of another person's property (taking advantage of a tragedy), not race. However, if one has a bias about Fox's "trends" he will see that which validates that bias.

sorry im not getting out the easal, pointer, and graph paper and showing you how to plot trends on paper. you can tell me what you see on that search. You will have to get out the easal to convince me my findings are incorrect.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article172469001.html

It appears that the Miami Herald and ABC news have joined the supposed racist ranks of Fox.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article172469001.html

It appears that the Miami Herald and ABC news have joined the supposed racist ranks of Fox.

So the majority is to believe that it's "out of step" and "out of touch" because the minority has started whining and having childish tantrums?

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

One is the circumstances that may have led to “looting” in the first place: according to the Washington Post, steep price gouging in many areas has left some unable to afford essentials like water, groceries, fuel, or a place to stay. In one instance, the outlet reported that a business in southeastern Texas was attempting to sell cases of bottled water for $99. A Houston Best Buy also received criticism for pricing its cases at $42, according to one Grit Post reporter. Overall, the reporter tweeted, the Texas attorney general’s office had “received 550 complaints & 225 emails about price gouging, with more coming in consistently.”

Link : https://thinkprogress.org/the-racist-hurricane-looting-narrative-has-resurfaced-after-harvey-a227601...

I agree - those gougers are despicable and hopefully will be severely dealt with. 

As to thinkprogress.org - certainly not unbiased and when they started writing about white women getting raped by black men, it was obvious they had gone far afield and were just putting their biases out to cover the looter so that Fox could be slammed.

I don't know what "factual source" you want me to offer about rape when the topic is it being racist to report on looting.

If there was any baiting and switching it was your post about black men raping white women. That was not the topic. The topic had to do with looting - Fox did a report on the looting - and someone saw that as racist - why?

Why can't I refute something that is purely biased. As I posted earlier the whole story started with an ABC reporter yet the Part Line is to overlook that overlook the truth of the looting and play the race card.

The fact is, you didnt read the entire article, OR, you reading comprehension does not allow you to glean more than one point from a multipart article. I could post the pertinent part FOR YOU, but i wont. 

Why yes, of course, Fox has always been decidely more racist than it has been non-racist...

This is yet another verification that Fox has always slanted its news reporting - the times it has not told outright bald-faced lies...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Why yes, of course, Fox has always been decidely more racist than it has been non-racist...

This is yet another verification that Fox has always slanted its news reporting - the times it has not told outright bald-faced lies...

pretty good statement on only seeing what you want to see too.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Fine - another bulletin and an allegation. But the bottom line remains - "Can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??".

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Fine - another bulletin and an allegation. But the bottom line remains - "Can you justify calling Fox racist for showing that film clip??".

yes

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

yes

Please do.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Indeed - you have your beliefs/opinions - based upon your experiences and accumulated knowledge - and I have mine - based upon my experiences and accumulated knowledge - all of which have influenced the directions our individual lives have taken...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, thinkprogress.org didn't like those comments either. But, the question arises, "What kind of certifiable SAVAGE MAN BEAST do you need to walk into a small business......"??

Under the conditions in Texas, the question seems valid - if you want to objectively look at the issue - or a "dog whistle" if you want to play the racist card.

A rational human being understands that savage beasts come in all sizes and colors. Those obsessed with race (for whatever reasons) see it differently.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

rk - Centristsin2010 wrote:

Ahhhh, and out come the racists, led by Tucker Carlson, FoxNews and one of their loyalists.  Ah so typical.....it's what racists do.

Way to shine the light on the cockroaches, "nc".

When and where did Centrist make this post you have quoted rk?

Honored Social Butterfly

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@RK - Centristsin2010 wrote:

Ahhhh, and out come the racists, led by Tucker Carlson, FoxNews and one of their loyalists.  Ah so typical.....it's what racists do.

Did I misattribute? Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Now, do you have any thoughts as the the supposed racism of the report??

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Did I misattribute?

.....it's what racists do.

Honored Social Butterfly

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Did I misattribute?

If I misattributed through poor editing I thought that a meo culpa would resolve the matter. but since I am now being called a racist for that editing error, it may require a bit more attention.

Can you tell me the date and time of my erroneous post?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Did I misattribute?

If I misattributed through poor editing I thought that a meo culpa would resolve the matter. but since I am now being called a racist for that editing error, it may require a bit more attention.

oceanedge2 did not call you a racist - merely observed that racists have been observed to misattribute.

It has further been observed over the last century and a half that racists have on multiple occasions deliberately misrepresented/misattributed/distorted historical facts to support their biased/bigoted scenarios...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Did I misattribute?

oceanedge2 did not call you a racist - merely observed that racists have been observed to misattribute.

It has further been observed over the last century and a half that racists have on multiple occasions deliberately misrepresented/misattributed/distorted historical facts to support their biased/bigoted scenarios...

That is something well worth discussing but, since you have decreed that these are not places for discussion - merely for putting up bulletins, I guess another medium will have to be found.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Did I misattribute?

That is something well worth discussing but, since you have decreed that these are not places for discussion - merely for putting up bulletins, I guess another medium will have to be found.

Back to playing your silly games again, I see. How soon will it be before you accuse others of doing that?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Back to playing your silly games again, I see. How soon will it be before you accuse others of doing that?

Apparently you did not see the decree by this poster that we are not on "discussion boards" where people discuss. Nope, these are bulletin boards.

So, what is the game you refer to??

And more important - do you have any thoughts on the so called bias of Fox over that less than five minute segment?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Did I misattribute?

Your posted opinion is noted.   It's veracity has not yet been verified.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@RK - Centristsin2010 wrote:

Did I misattribute? Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Now, do you have any thoughts as the the supposed racism of the report??

FOX is racist. 14 arrests for looting is a very smal part of the story in Texas. Tucker Carlson ( lol every time i think of him ) is no intellectual, therefore he is on Fox. Like the new one, tomi lahren. (sp?)  There is a REASON i dont watch Fox, i prefer HARD NEWS, and very little of whats on FOX is hard news, its opinion. if i watch news, its now CBS, which has a bias but is more geared to FACT. the majority of my news is from the web, with direct quotes from sources NOT taken out of context. SOmetimes you have to search for the context, but you know the facts. Often, fox on the web disagrees with their talking heads.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

FOX is racist. 14 arrests for looting is a very smal part of the story in Texas. Tucker Carlson ( lol every time i think of him ) is no intellectual, therefore he is on Fox. Like the new one, tomi lahren. (sp?)  There is a REASON i dont watch Fox, i prefer HARD NEWS, and very little of whats on FOX is hard news, its opinion. if i watch news, its now CBS, which has a bias but is more geared to FACT. the majority of my news is from the web, with direct quotes from sources NOT taken out of context. SOmetimes you have to search for the context, but you know the facts. Often, fox on the web disagrees with their talking heads.

Looting is a small part of the hurricane story - true, it got 4 minutes and 37 seconds and that is what has the lefties panties in a wad.

Besides the small amount of time devoted to it, how is that racist? Looting is a crime, it is not a race.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png