FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FOX RACIST NARRATIVE PLAYS WELL IN TEXAS OR DOES IT????

Message 91 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Ahhhh, and out come the racists, led by Tucker Carlson, FoxNews and one of their loyalists.  Ah so typical.....it's what racists do.

Way to shine the light on the cockroaches, "nc".

It seems to me that considering the circumstances, the term used was not excessive. 

1) The story started with information from an ABC reporter;

2) "ALLEGED looters" seems a bit interpretive. Do you think they were "shoppers";

3) "BLACK people" - that came from post #1. Surely you are not claiming that Carlson photoshopped the film.

So, it appears that the "dog whistles" were those blown by our posters deep in the swamp of the celebration of "white guilt".

It appears that way to you.

It appears to be fringe right wing racially and politically biased disingenuity to me.

We're each entitled to our viewpoints and opinions, aren't we?

If evidence - of the sort admissible in a US Court of Law - can be posted to irrefutably prove your opinion to be unquestionably based upon established scientifically proved facts - the path for you to take to establish that factual irrefutability is clear - until then - I dispute the factual validity of your opinions and conclusions drawn therefrom...

Just another message on this AARP message board...

Do you have "scientifically proved facts" or something admissible in Court to prove that there was bias involved - the point of post #1.

Fox failed to provide established scientific facts to support their conclusions at the outset - therefore - since their conclusions are not supported by established facts - the accuracy and veracity of their conclusions can be disputed...

Poor Fox and trump supporters - wrong again from the very outset...

I would love to discuss this issue with you but since you have decided we can only "message" not "discuss" you will just have to get along without the wonderful insights I was thinking of offering you.

there you go again. offering to discuss when there is nothing to discuss. the factswere given in post #1....Fox is biased and demonstrated it. YOU HAVE STATED YOU DISPUTE FACT. nothing new there. I believe there are many here that do not doubt you are prepared to deliver a lenghty defense of alternate facts which only you are aware of.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 106

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Ahhhh, and out come the racists, led by Tucker Carlson, FoxNews and one of their loyalists.  Ah so typical.....it's what racists do.

It seems to me that considering the circumstances, the term used was not excessive. 

2) "ALLEGED looters" seems a bit interpretive. Do you think they were "shoppers";

3) "BLACK people" - that came from post #1. Surely you are not claiming that Carlson photoshopped the film.

So, it appears that the "dog whistles" were those blown by our posters deep in the swamp of the celebration of "white guilt".

It appears to be fringe right wing racially and politically biased disingenuity to me.

If evidence - of the sort admissible in a US Court of Law - can be posted to irrefutably prove your opinion to be unquestionably based upon established scientifically proved facts - the path for you to take to establish that factual irrefutability is clear - until then - I dispute the factual validity of your opinions and conclusions drawn therefrom...

Do you have "scientifically proved facts" or something admissible in Court to prove that there was bias involved - the point of post #1.

Fox failed to provide established scientific facts to support their conclusions at the outset - therefore - since their conclusions are not supported by established facts - the accuracy and veracity of their conclusions can be disputed...

I would love to discuss this issue with you but since you have decided we can only "message" not "discuss" you will just have to get along without the wonderful insights I was thinking of offering you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 106

The Subject of Looters: I don't approve of looting, it is wrong, however I am reminded of the story of a man in the 1930's being sent to prison for five years for stealing a loaf of bread and a pound of lunch meat to feed his kids. Remember this was during the Depresion. Looting a BestBuy for a T.V. would be one thing, an empty grocery to feed you family is another. Not everything is black or white, some things are a shade of gray. Sometimes you just have to be there to know the truth of the matter. If you have never been between a rock and a hard place then don't judge, because you might be supperised at what you might do. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 106

I am a Texan and the narrative doesn't impress me. How do I deal with it, I don't watch FOX, I find it to be very biased in their reporting. It would be nice to see news reported without a political slant imposed by the owners of the station. FOX is not alone in in this, just the worst in my openion which along with a buck and a quarter will get you coffee in some places. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 106

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 106

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 106

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 106

@fangoh45 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Not surprised by the negativism of this post. Totally within character. This while most media (CNN included) are showering the state of Texas and the affected cities with copious praise. Specifically, the civilian response to the crisis by the Texans. The Texas Navy (Civilians in their own watercraft) credited with saving many, many lives. The navy made up of all races, religions, ethnicity, rescuing those of all religions, races, and ethnicity. This is what makes Texas the great state it is-no matter what one or more on this forum say to the contrary. No, I don't live in Texas nor am I a paid spokesman for the state. Just one who looks at the state with a non-jaundiced eye.

I'm not surprised either, "Fang".  Between you and Fox, what more negativism do we need?

Don't you find it funny you found yourself in the foxhole created by Fox News?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 106

Yes, thinkprogress.org didn't like those comments either. But, the question arises, "What kind of certifiable SAVAGE MAN BEAST do you need to walk into a small business......"??

Under the conditions in Texas, the question seems valid - if you want to objectively look at the issue - or a "dog whistle" if you want to play the racist card.

A rational human being understands that savage beasts come in all sizes and colors. Those obsessed with race (for whatever reasons) see it differently.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors