It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: FORBES: GOP Social Security Cuts...

Message 1 of 9

This is what our Government have been trying to do for years and them allowing Trump to get into office was all part of their plan. They want to privatize SS so they will be able to steal even more from the American tax payer. They have given the corporations billions in tax breaks and now even more. We have a broken government system because it is ran by greedy politications that we elected into office. They commit is crime against us because we have not held them accountable. We allowed them to tell us lies and we believed what they said and didn't question their actions all on the pretense of looking out for best interest. Now that we are at this point in time where they have taken away SS, Medicad, insurance, children's health and the list goes on. Now it is time for us to take back what they have taken from us? Election time is coming and it's time for us to make our voices heard. It does not matter what color you are or your social status unless you're part of the 1% that just got over with this new tax bill, our leaders do not give a **bleep** about us and it's time we realize it. If we don't start fighting back them will have all of us who's income is under$100,000 in slave camps as indentured servants. For all those we voted for Trump and are still supporting him in all his lies and back stabbing us, think about those who have elderly family members who rely on the Affordable Care Act, now you will have to take up their care needs now or will you let them die because you can't be bothered? The U. S. Government is going to hell in a hand basket because we won't open our eyes to what our leaders are doing to us. I can't speak for anyone but myself but I can't wait until election time comes, if I could vote more than once I would.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@rumblesink3 wrote:

To es14589767

re"carve it up, privatize it"

Do you mean just like the phone company, electric, railroads, and just about every other piece of critical infrastructure in this country? How's that working out for you? I've been paying in to SS for 47 years, and that was only a LOAN to the government. The problem is Congress has for years dipped in to SS like it's own private slush fund. It's not appropriate to raise the age limit or reduce the benefits. How about, fund it to the level it was before you started raiding it?! Take the money they just gifted the top 1% and pay it back in to S.S. Again, falling on deaf ears. Just.Vote.

@rumblesink3—Spot on! Spot on.

Maybe we should start with making trump repay all the money he has stolen from the American people with all his ridiculous 2020 campaign ralliesand all his trips to his New Jersey and Floridian properties.

The man is a thief, and needs to pay the Americans whom he has stolen from back ASAP. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

To es14589767

re"carve it up, privatize it"

Do you mean just like the phone company, electric, railroads, and just about every other piece of critical infrastructure in this country? How's that working out for you? I've been paying in to SS for 47 years, and that was only a LOAN to the government. The problem is Congress has for years dipped in to SS like it's own private slush fund. It's not appropriate to raise the age limit or reduce the benefits. How about, fund it to the level it was before you started raiding it?! Take the money they just gifted the top 1% and pay it back in to S.S. Again, falling on deaf ears. Just.Vote.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@es14589767 wrote:

Carve it up, cut benefits and privatize it...

"For years, Republicans have been saying that Social Security has been going bust. True, the system will run short of money to pay full benefits, but that won't happen soon, and it's based on the premise that nothing can be done to fund the program.

Yet instead of raising the income limits on Social Security taxes -- a relatively easy thing to do -- the GOP approach to "saving" Social Security is to carve it up, cut benefits and privatize it. That's not a viable solution for the millions of Americans who are coming up short on retirement funding."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2016/12/14/how-gop-social-security-cuts-will-hurt-you/#2e825a3...

The quickest way to solve this problem is in NOV vote out of office everyone with an R behind their name.  VOTE   VOTE   VOTE

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@rumblesink3— Keep calling—they might be snarky and rude, but they know your calls are coming in, and they do take note.

However, you are correct, we must all vote  D in November.

Because my congressional district is busy endorsing nominees, I have been to many meetings in which congressional hopefuls have spoken.

One a doctor, told us that the administrative cost of Medicare is 3%, where as insurance company administrative costs are 30%.

This is a great argument for single payer healthcare,  which is effectively Medicare for all. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

IMHO the Republican's have been in a gradual decline since President Eisenhower. Favoring mostly the wealthy since Ike left office !

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9
Would that phone calls and emails to Republican officials local or national were listened to. All I’ve ever gotten is some snarky office flunky or an equally snarked reply via email from the big congressman himself (Richard Burr and Thom Tillis.) It’s no use trying to talk to these people. Just. Vote.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Contact Congress ....... phone calls work best, call often.

Say no to Carve it up, cut benefits and privatize it... of Social Security and Medicare.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

FORBES: GOP Social Security Cuts...

Message 9 of 9

Carve it up, cut benefits and privatize it...

"For years, Republicans have been saying that Social Security has been going bust. True, the system will run short of money to pay full benefits, but that won't happen soon, and it's based on the premise that nothing can be done to fund the program.

Yet instead of raising the income limits on Social Security taxes -- a relatively easy thing to do -- the GOP approach to "saving" Social Security is to carve it up, cut benefits and privatize it. That's not a viable solution for the millions of Americans who are coming up short on retirement funding."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2016/12/14/how-gop-social-security-cuts-will-hurt-you/#2e825a3...

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies