FOR THOSE WHO SAY TAKING A KNEE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO THE FLAG

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FOR THOSE WHO SAY TAKING A KNEE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO THE FLAG

Message 21 of 54

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
You don't get it and never will. Carry on with your fake indignation.

Au contraire. I can clearly see the faux patriotism in your posts.  But thanks for your concern....ignation is sickening to many.

Humans can pray without a crucifix; and they can be patriotic without a flag, without a song or even  kneeling.  The rightous indignation is pathetic!

Related image

"....or at least, I THINK I do...."

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 54

Are all of the fans at football games and other sporting events being "disrespectful to our flag" by sitting on their 'behinds' or wandering around the stadium, getting food or drink (etc), when the national anthem is being played? Or is that ........... oh, uh ............ white privilege?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 54

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

You don't "get it" and never will. Carry on with your own fake indignation.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 54

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
NC makes a valid point. I'll do a better job at calling out all disrespect to the flag.

Will we all do the same? without political bias? I'm committed... how 'bout you?

Yes or No will do. I'm a yes.

I will call out every instance of someone's Constitutional right to peacefully protest being hindered or taken away. That is what would have happened if the NFL owners had not stood behind those protesting. I will do a better job of "calling out" those who hinder another in exercising their Constitutional rights ..... how 'bout you ????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 54

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Perhaps, you didn't see the commentary posted early on - if you don't comprehend white privilige, then that is your problem, not everyone else's.    https://www.facebook.com/wfaachannel8/videos/10155033949226545/ 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 54

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 54

No. The flag couldn't care less.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 54
NC makes a valid point. I'll do a better job at calling out all disrespect to the flag.

Will we all do the same? without political bias? I'm committed... how 'bout you?

Yes or No will do. I'm a yes.

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 54

Taking a knee is also no different than a Christian baker refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple, because he believes their lifestyle is prohibited by his religion. Anyone here defend the baker?

I won't defend the baker in this analogy. The reason is the baker singles out gays, because the Christian Old Testament prohibits gays. However the Christian Old Testament prohibits a lot of stuff, such as divorce, sex before marriage, tattoos, worshiping other gods, taking the Lord's name in vain, eating shellfish, so on and so on. Many of these religious crimes are punishable by death, according to the Bible.

However the baker only singles out gays. 

This tells me the baker is basically imposing his own Christian version of Jim Crow as applied to gays for basically the same reason Jim Crow is applied to blacks or other non-white peoples. Which is in my opinion to keep them in their place in society.

I don't believe that behavior is Christ like,  or acceptable as 2017 Americans,  or human beings.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 54
@DKarmol wrote:

Taking a knee is also no different than a Christian baker refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple, because he believes their lifestyle is prohibited by his religion. Anyone here defend the baker?

1st Kudo for encouragement....

Welcome to the forum, DKarmol.....I hope you post here frequently.  new voices are needed.

To your post....

Let's see....not providing a service to one class of American that you provide others is discrimination and against the US Constitution according to the SCOTUS.

Kneeling in protest, permitted by the Constitution, doesn't discriminate against anyone.

How do you equate the two?  I don't agree there's "no difference".  Can you explain?

Again, WELCOME!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors