FOR THOSE WHO SAY TAKING A KNEE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO THE FLAG

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FOR THOSE WHO SAY TAKING A KNEE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO THE FLAG

Message 11 of 54

The point of taking a knee during the anthem is not to be disrespectful but to protest the inequal treatment of blacks in Ameria.  Until you adress this issue, I really don't care how you feel about taking a knee. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 54
Not posted..

Nazis, KKK, Antifa, BLM are not friends to conservatives

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is true and when the left tries to say they are it shows they can not be taken seriously. They continue to post lies ... but why? Who do they think they are going to believe them except people in their group that cheer when they lie with kudos.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 54

@afisher wrote:

This has gone on long enough...so long that the real problem is with those who are utlimately very confused.

1.   How quickly some forget:   The Department of Defense  PAID the NFL to get the players to display "patriotism".     That means that it really isn't patriotism, if you have to pay someone to display such acts...now is it.  

2.    It is made even more bizarre when some here displayed their faux (uninformed) support of NASCAR - excepting of course that they too were paid to have their drivers to play into this gambit and even have military stickers on their cars.  

So a company, a Team is PAID and that silly ol Constitution won't let them demand that players participate, maybe the Team owner keeps all the cash - which runs into the millions.    The Cash Cow / Donald seems to believe because he is CEO he can make new demands and trash the Constitution....no so.   

Stay uninformed, look foolish - but know that everyone here knows that this is about racism not patriotism.    Paid for patriotism has a name, it is tyranny.  

Absolutely correct, afisher!

I note that most here that are "up and arms" over NFL players "taking a knee" during the National Anthem are the same posters who claim there is too much political correctness and many loved trump because he wasn't political correct (haven't we all seen THAT, from dissing a Gold Star family, dissing a US War Hero, dissing women across the globe, etc.)  But this hula-balu about the flag is nothing more than "political correctness" towards an inanimate object.  It appears that being disrespectful to another human is just OK with many Conservatives, but don'y you disrespect what I treasure.  Again, more hypocrisy from the Right.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 54

This has gone on long enough...so long that the real problem is with those who are utlimately very confused.

1.   How quickly some forget:   The Department of Defense  PAID the NFL to get the players to display "patriotism".     That means that it really isn't patriotism, if you have to pay someone to display such acts...now is it.  

2.    It is made even more bizarre when some here displayed their faux (uninformed) support of NASCAR - excepting of course that they too were paid to have their drivers to play into this gambit and even have military stickers on their cars.  

So a company, a Team is PAID and that silly ol Constitution won't let them demand that players participate, maybe the Team owner keeps all the cash - which runs into the millions.    The Cash Cow / Donald seems to believe because he is CEO he can make new demands and trash the Constitution....no so.   

Stay uninformed, look foolish - but know that everyone here knows that this is about racism not patriotism.    Paid for patriotism has a name, it is tyranny.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 54
@ Chas
Did you think of that all by yourself? lol

libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 54

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
You don't get it and never will. Carry on with your fake indignation.

Au contraire. I can clearly see the faux patriotism in your posts.  But thanks for your concern....ignation is sickening to many.

Humans can pray without a crucifix; and they can be patriotic without a flag, without a song or even  kneeling.  The rightous indignation is pathetic!

"....or at least, I THINK I do...."

All true, but not what is under discussion. We are talking about respect for the flag that is present and being honored by the playing of the national anthem.  Yet you were silent on the respect for the flag the KKK and Nazi's and your boyz in the Alt-Right at Charlottesville.  Just more faux outrage and Conservative hypocracy.

Btw....not everyone believes in respecting the flag in the same way.  In fact, this hat:

Donald Trump Make America Great Again Flag Hat

is in violation of the US Flag Code.  Have you complained?

It is Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq). This is a U.S. federal law, but the penalty described in Title 18 of the United States Code (18 U.S.C. § 700) for failure to comply with it is not enforced.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 54

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Are all of the fans at football games and other sporting events being "disrespectful to our flag" by sitting on their 'behinds' or wandering around the stadium, getting food or drink (etc), when the national anthem is being played? Or is that ........... oh, uh ............ white privilege?

And there it is again, the neoMarxists need to see everything (even football fans) through their divisive racial prism.

Chas, once again we see another Conservative demonstrate a lack of understanding of much of anything related to the human race. Above he suggests a poster commented through a "divisive racial prism"; yet nothing of what you posted suggested such.  He's either lying or thinks everytime he see's the word white or black there's a "divisive racial prism",  It's truly quite telling.  Sounds like some just can't "shake it".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 54

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Au contraire. I can clearly see the faux patriotism in your posts.  But thanks for your concern....ignation is sickening to many.

Humans can pray without a crucifix; and they can be patriotic without a flag, without a song or even  kneeling.  The rightous indignation is pathetic!

All true, but not what is under discussion. We are talking about respect for the flag that is present and being honored by the playing of the national anthem.

I prefer the sound judgement of General Michael Hayden - a 39 year military veteran, CIA Director and National Security Agency Director rather than the warped and twisted irrationality of trump and his coterie of fringe right wing crackpots and racist extremists - and instead concur with General Michael Hayden - and what he wrote...

"As a 39-year military veteran, I think I know something about the flag, the anthem, patriotism, and I think I know why we fight. It's not to allow the president to divide us by wrapping himself in the national banner. I never imagined myself saying this before Friday, but if now forced to choose in this dispute, put me down with Kaepernick".

Michael Hayden: In Trump versus NFL, standing up for free speech | TheHill

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 54

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

All true, but not what is under discussion. We are talking about respect for the flag that is present and being honored by the playing of the national anthem.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 54

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Are all of the fans at football games and other sporting events being "disrespectful to our flag" by sitting on their 'behinds' or wandering around the stadium, getting food or drink (etc), when the national anthem is being played? Or is that ........... oh, uh ............ white privilege?

And there it is again, the neoMarxists need to see everything (even football fans) through their divisive racial prism.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Claim your 1,000 Welcome bonus points!

Get Started with AARP Rewards.

Top Authors