Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Reply
Moderator
1
Kudos
490
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

490 Views
Message 1 of 37

This topic is now locked. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
490
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
511
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

511 Views
Message 2 of 37

@myexper wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

 

 


And yet you just CAN'T quote ANYTHING I said and say why it's wrong.

Not true. As I earlier stated:

"Your entire post is wrong as it is based on denial of the dictatorship powers held by the emergency managers appointed by Michigan's Republican governor Snyder ...... and responsible to Snyder only."

 


And I see we have more posts that have no facts, don't dispute anything I said and offer little of any value on the topic. Congratulations, your's is my favorite, or at least the one I got the biggest laugh out of. Let's see if you're capable of learning:

 

1. The emergency manager in question was a democrat, not a republican.

 

2. You keep saying you posted "facts." Saying something does not make it a fact. You keep saying what's wrong with emergency managers in general but nothing specific, nothing that has ANY bearing on what happened. What you say about the emergency managers may be true. But if it is, so what? What does it have to do with what happened? What did they do? THAT would be relevant facts. Nothing you've said is.

 

3. Perhaps it would help you to try reading again what I said or even have someone explain it to you. I said the root cause of Flint's water problem was that the liberal government of Flint overspent and bankrupted the city. I said that was the root cause and it is. If they weren't in financial trouble they would not have had to look for ways to save money to get out of it. And you say (above) it's not true because I am denying the powers held by emergency managers.

 

After you have someone explain it to you, hopefully you will understand that:

 

a) the emergency managers were put in place DUE TO the financial problems. Not the other way around. The emergency managers were not there while the liberals were spending Flint into bankruptcy. They came AFTER Flint was already in financial trouble.

 

b) I didn't "deny" anything about the emergency managers. What I wrote was what led up to the water problem and necessitated making a decision on water. The emergency managers weren't there and had nothing to do with it.

 

c) Not only did Flint's spending problems have nothing to do with the emergency managers, it had nothing to do with Snyder. The spending problems began long ago and initially caught up to Flint in 2002. That's when Flint's first emergency manager was appointed. Snyder did not take office untile 2011.

 

d) As I said, and as the Huff Post said, after the water decision was made, there is plenty of blame to go around for everybody involved and both political parties. However, that decision would have never been made if not for the spending of the liberal democrat goverment of Flint. Period.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
511
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
522
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

522 Views
Message 3 of 37





I'll betcha' it's no Left Wing bottler !!!!


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
522
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
528
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

528 Views
Message 4 of 37
Ok the great state of Michigan - Michael Moore and Michigan Militia are apparently joining forces to get their dear governor to resign or answer the question why he tried to poison Flint by changing from a clean water supply to the Flint River.

A river that not even automakers will use because it rusts new auto parts. The militia is hardly a liberal DemocrAtic organization, as they seem to follow the Skousen constitution, same As Bundy.

One can only hope that p'ed off AR-15 toters upset at Governor Snyder may cause him sufficient gastric distress to answer the questions, resign or be tried as a city killer.

The only Republican issue I seem to recall regarding EPA and clean wAter came from KY land of Mitch McConnell Who told people to ignore it, while preaching from Capital Hill. Course the also believe that states should follow no guidelines for clean water or air set forth by the federal government.

TP/Koch says clean water is science and they don't understand science.
I'm on a phone so, afraid you'll have to explore the powers of googles for links. Believe McConnell tirade was in Jun 2014 or 15, think ol Rand PAul also was involved.

Before anyone tries to twist my shorts I mention the well armed militia because they're hardly good old Dems and Liberals, they seem to be mainly TP/GOP the Feds should have no say in local states policies. Yes, I once skimmed the Skousen, for those unaware that's the Bundy bible always carried over the heart of militia members or general al Bundy at Oregon wildlife sanctuary.

Frozen
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
528
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
550
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

550 Views
Message 5 of 37

The title of this topic is indicative of the absurd denial of the Flint water crisis by right wing extremists.

 

This absurdity and cover up attempts by Michigan's Republican administration have come to the attention of late night TV show hosts.

 

Below is a link to one such example, expressed by Seth Meyers.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGW43gc1uEU

 

 

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
550
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
566
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

566 Views
Message 6 of 37

@corb0505 wrote:

 

And yet you just CAN'T quote ANYTHING I said and say why it's wrong.  And yet you CAN'T provide ANY FACTS.  And yet all you can provide is the same old liberal denial of the factrs when they are right in fornt of your face.  And yet, YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN.


And yet you just CAN'T quote ANYTHING I said and say why it's wrong.

Not true. As I earlier stated:

"Your entire post is wrong as it is based on denial of the dictatorship powers held by the emergency managers appointed by Michigan's Republican governor Snyder ...... and responsible to Snyder only."

 

 

And yet you CAN'T provide ANY FACTS.

Not true again. As I earlier stated:

"The known facts regarding Snyder's emergency managers (which I posted initially) got in the way of what you wanted to believe, so you just ignored them."

 

 

And yet all you can provide is the same old liberal denial of the factrs when they are right in fornt of your face. 

Not true again.

You are the perpetrator of such actions as you have obviously and clearly denied the existence and power of the Republican emergency managers ...... a known fact "right in front of your face".

 

 

And yet, YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN.

Nope ..... I have presented known facts while all you can do is respond with repetitive false accusations typed in excessively large font with over used capital letters.

 

 

 

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
566
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
576
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

576 Views
Message 7 of 37

@Underbat wrote:

Hello everyone,

While debate and diverse opinions are welcome, personal insults are not.

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guideline


Today i sat down with a guy I know in the wter biz. He knows epa, mdeq laws. He know where flint got its water before, any why it switched when it did. he knows what level of govt was responsible for making the decision not to treat the water, which caused the lead to leach, and where the lead comes from. Since I cant prove a personal converstion with someone that has a long career moving into and setting straight troubled water treatment plants, i wont say anything. But I'll take a few side bets on what the DOJ is going to say.

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
576
Views
Moderator
0
Kudos
502
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

502 Views
Message 8 of 37

Hello everyone,

While debate and diverse opinions are welcome, personal insults are not.

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guideline

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
502
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
524
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

524 Views
Message 9 of 37

@myexper wrote:

@corb0505 wrote:

Ah yes, more left wing posts and still not one able to present any facts or dispute one single thing I said. But what's new. It's just the same old left wing spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies that the left ALWAYS uses.  Here are my favorites:

 

Of course we all know exactly what happened Corb, and no thanks to you.

 

WRONG. If you had any idea at all of ANYTHING, any single thing whatsoever, I said that was wrong, you could state it and say why it’s wrong. But you can’t.

EPA director region 5 leaving Feb1. No further info at this time. Like I said earlier, which Corb skipped, this problem has been coming since 92.

 

WRONG. What I said was, “if the Flint River is that polluted, the EPA, the agency founded by a Republican to handle problems like that, should have stepped in long ago. But the simple fact is that the Flint River decision would never have been made if liberals could control their spending and knew how to govern, in this case being those both Flint and Detroit.”

 

So what is it I skipped?

 

When they took power out of the hands of the elected officials they took responsibility for the administration of government and the services that government provides.

 

And the WHOLE POINT was that NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED if Flint hadn’t gotten into financial trouble which was caused by liberal spending.

 

I not only disputed what you said, I also negated it.

 

WRONG. Quote one statement I made and tell me how you “negated it.”

 

As I inferred, you have exhibited an enormous lack of knowledge relative to Snyder's Emergency Managers ........ in their power, responsibility and accountability. As such, your conclusions are irrelevant and erroneous.

 

WRONG. What I said was, “In Michigan, the law allows the state to step in when a city is in financial trouble and appoint an Emergency Manager. In the case of Flint, things came to a head in 2002 and the then governor appointed an emergency manager.”

 

In addition, can you quote one single thing, just ONE, that I said that is impacted in any way by your statement? The fact is that what you said is meaningless. But what’s new.

 

By the way, do you understand what would have happened to Flint when they got into financial trouble it Michigan's emergency management laws didn't exist?

 

The Flint River decision was based on the Republican belief that money is far more important than human lives.

 

WRONG. But even more than being wrong the statement is proof positive of the liberal thinking that causes most problems and caused the problem in Flint. Liberals seem to think there is an infinite supply of money to just keep paying for things when there is not. Here’s an example that hopefully is simple enough for you to understand. A baker bakes a loaf of bread and sells it for one dollar. In that one dollar is his cost and the money he makes to live on. If you don’t have the money to pay because you overspent and he won’t give you the bread for nothing, you starve. If he does give you the bread for nothing he doesn’t recover his cost to give him the money to make another loaf, so you starve anyway. In addition, he starves because of YOUR ignorance.

 

You did blame President Obama.

 

WRONG. Can you quote what I said? Can you point to it? Because I didn’t.

 

The only distraction here was your topic changing diatribe on your personal opinions regarding liberal spending.

 

WRONG. There is plenty of evidence for what I said. There is plenty of evidence that Flint got into financial trouble. Do you have ANY evidence to the contrary? Do you believe that Flint WASN'T in fanacial trouble? Do you have ANY evidence that anything I said was wrong? Can you quote one single thing I said and actually tell us why it’s wrong? Do you have anything to offer? ANYTHING?  And by the way, "topic changing?"  Do you even know what the topic is?

 

The lesson we learned from Flint was an astonishing revelation of the enormous magnitude of Republican beliefs to place money before human lives. And in that despicable inhuman endeavor, massive incompetence by a Republican administration led to the poisoning of an entire city.

 

Nice rant. Now, do you have any evidence of ANYTHING to offer? Can you quote one single thing I said and actually say why you think it’s wrong? Come on. Just one.


Your entire post is wrong as it is based on denial of the dictatorship powers held by the emergency managers appointed by Michigan's Republican governor Snyder ...... and responsible to Snyder only.  The known facts regarding Snyder's emergency managers got in the way of what you wanted to believe, so you just ignored them.

 

Realization of the enormous power Snyder's emergency managers possessed would negate your erroneous conclusions and desire to cover up the extremist actions of a right wing Republican controlled state.

 

What happened in Flint Michigan, where a Republican governor has access to a Republican controlled legislature, Republican controlled Supreme Court and Republican Attorney General ....... is an example of what could happen to the entire country if Republicans control all of Washington.

 

And you did blame President Obama.


And yet you just CAN'T quote ANYTHING I said and say why it's wrong.  And yet you CAN'T provide ANY FACTS.  And yet all you can provide is the same old liberal denial of the factrs when they are right in fornt of your face.  And yet, YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
524
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
551
Views

Re: FLINT: ANOTHER LEFT WING LIE

551 Views
Message 10 of 37

@corb0505 wrote:

Ah yes, more left wing posts and still not one able to present any facts or dispute one single thing I said. But what's new. It's just the same old left wing spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies that the left ALWAYS uses.  Here are my favorites:

 

Of course we all know exactly what happened Corb, and no thanks to you.

 

WRONG. If you had any idea at all of ANYTHING, any single thing whatsoever, I said that was wrong, you could state it and say why it’s wrong. But you can’t.

EPA director region 5 leaving Feb1. No further info at this time. Like I said earlier, which Corb skipped, this problem has been coming since 92.

 

WRONG. What I said was, “if the Flint River is that polluted, the EPA, the agency founded by a Republican to handle problems like that, should have stepped in long ago. But the simple fact is that the Flint River decision would never have been made if liberals could control their spending and knew how to govern, in this case being those both Flint and Detroit.”

 

So what is it I skipped?

 

When they took power out of the hands of the elected officials they took responsibility for the administration of government and the services that government provides.

 

And the WHOLE POINT was that NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED if Flint hadn’t gotten into financial trouble which was caused by liberal spending.

 

I not only disputed what you said, I also negated it.

 

WRONG. Quote one statement I made and tell me how you “negated it.”

 

As I inferred, you have exhibited an enormous lack of knowledge relative to Snyder's Emergency Managers ........ in their power, responsibility and accountability. As such, your conclusions are irrelevant and erroneous.

 

WRONG. What I said was, “In Michigan, the law allows the state to step in when a city is in financial trouble and appoint an Emergency Manager. In the case of Flint, things came to a head in 2002 and the then governor appointed an emergency manager.”

 

In addition, can you quote one single thing, just ONE, that I said that is impacted in any way by your statement? The fact is that what you said is meaningless. But what’s new.

 

By the way, do you understand what would have happened to Flint when they got into financial trouble it Michigan's emergency management laws didn't exist?

 

The Flint River decision was based on the Republican belief that money is far more important than human lives.

 

WRONG. But even more than being wrong the statement is proof positive of the liberal thinking that causes most problems and caused the problem in Flint. Liberals seem to think there is an infinite supply of money to just keep paying for things when there is not. Here’s an example that hopefully is simple enough for you to understand. A baker bakes a loaf of bread and sells it for one dollar. In that one dollar is his cost and the money he makes to live on. If you don’t have the money to pay because you overspent and he won’t give you the bread for nothing, you starve. If he does give you the bread for nothing he doesn’t recover his cost to give him the money to make another loaf, so you starve anyway. In addition, he starves because of YOUR ignorance.

 

You did blame President Obama.

 

WRONG. Can you quote what I said? Can you point to it? Because I didn’t.

 

The only distraction here was your topic changing diatribe on your personal opinions regarding liberal spending.

 

WRONG. There is plenty of evidence for what I said. There is plenty of evidence that Flint got into financial trouble. Do you have ANY evidence to the contrary? Do you believe that Flint WASN'T in fanacial trouble? Do you have ANY evidence that anything I said was wrong? Can you quote one single thing I said and actually tell us why it’s wrong? Do you have anything to offer? ANYTHING?  And by the way, "topic changing?"  Do you even know what the topic is?

 

The lesson we learned from Flint was an astonishing revelation of the enormous magnitude of Republican beliefs to place money before human lives. And in that despicable inhuman endeavor, massive incompetence by a Republican administration led to the poisoning of an entire city.

 

Nice rant. Now, do you have any evidence of ANYTHING to offer? Can you quote one single thing I said and actually say why you think it’s wrong? Come on. Just one.


Your entire post is wrong as it is based on denial of the dictatorship powers held by the emergency managers appointed by Michigan's Republican governor Snyder ...... and responsible to Snyder only.  The known facts regarding Snyder's emergency managers got in the way of what you wanted to believe, so you just ignored them.

 

Realization of the enormous power Snyder's emergency managers possessed would negate your erroneous conclusions and desire to cover up the extremist actions of a right wing Republican controlled state.

 

What happened in Flint Michigan, where a Republican governor has access to a Republican controlled legislature, Republican controlled Supreme Court and Republican Attorney General ....... is an example of what could happen to the entire country if Republicans control all of Washington.

 

And you did blame President Obama.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
551
Views