Regular Social Butterfly

FLASHBACK: On Pelosi, Biden Regarding the Coronavirus and more...

FLASHBACK: Nancy Pelosi Downplayed Coronavirus, Biden Accused Trump of Fearmongering

BY MATT MARGOLIS SEP 09, 2020

Social media is abuzz on Wednesday after it was reported that Trump told famed Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward on February 7 that COVID-19 was “more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

This, critics of Trump say, is proof that Trump was downplaying the coronavirus publicly despite knowing it was a serious problem.

Trump’s critics have long claimed that the president downplayed the virus, falsely accusing him of calling the virus a hoax.

President Trump has previously noted he didn’t want to cause a panic. Barack Obama did the same thing during the H1N1 pandemic when he said the virus was “not a cause for alarm” just before 60.8 million Americans were infected by it.

But President Trump was actively protecting America from the coronavirus, even while Democrats were distracted by impeachment. At the end of January, President Trump issued his then-controversial travel ban with China. But back then it was the Democrats who weren’t taking the virus seriously, and Trump was accused of racism and xenophobia for that action.

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, to uh, and fearmongering,” Biden said after the ban was announcedExperts eventually admitted the travel ban worked and saved lives. Eventually, Joe Biden flip-flopped on the issue.

Biden will no doubt pounce on these allegations, forgetting the fact that at the very same time Trump was “downplaying” the coronavirus he was accusing Trump of “fearmongering.” It can’t be both.

There’s more.

On February 24, Nancy Pelosi infamously visited San Francisco’s Chinatown section and told Americans that “everything is fine,” and “all is well,” and encouraged Americans to shop and eat there. “Come to Chinatown,” she said. “We just want everybody not to be afraid to come to Chinatown.”

That same day, Pelosi expressed no complaints about the government’s response to the coronavirus, telling reporters, “I have confidence in Dr. Fauci at the National Institutes of Health, who has even further confidence in what we’re doing.”

But here’s where things get even more interesting. It wasn’t just Democrat politicians downplaying the virus, the nation’s most well-known public health official, Dr. Anthony Fauci, was also telling the public not to worry about the virus at the same time Trump was. And the White House Coronavirus Task Force was already meeting at that point.

Back in February, Dr. Fauci said the risk was “low for the American public.”

“Although we don’t want people to be worried now, I think we need to realize that this could change,” he said on February 18. “So right now, don’t worry about it, be more concerned about influenza…”

Later, on March 8, Dr. Fauci said people didn’t need to be wearing masks. “Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks.”

So, clearly, once again we’ve got another coordinated bogus hit against Trump, which is largely a rehash of past criticisms that Trump “downplayed” the virus.

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well lets start with the author of the support article, and Far right PJ media.

Here is a quick example of the author. He wrote a big article on vote  fraud in Pa. the article was titled: Military Ballots found in Trash in Pa. -- All were Trump Ballots.

Here are some real facts: The ballots were from the Primary which was never said. They were not all for Trump. They were thrown in to the trash by an inexperienced worker who made a mistake. There was a total of less than 20 and 7 were for Trump (Trump was the only one on the primary ballot for Rep President). There were thousands votes cast in mail.

The story is bogus from start to finish, and the same thing is true about the Story used to start this thread. Take the part about Nancy having people come out in SFO after the virus was known about. I was in SFO right after that and the first cases were just breaking just north of SFO and the when I was leaving the first notices of the viruses and lock down were being applied. When we left by car we hit gas stations who were just starting to implement reduced services due to the virus.

What is put forth as fact is pure nonsense by real fact, and only in far right never never land would you find it.

Honored Social Butterfly

The exact words of the intelligence official briefing the president was that this (covid) was going to be the biggest challenge of his presidency.  Trump's head popped up when he heard it so we know he was paying attention.  

Regular Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

The exact words of the intelligence official briefing the president was that this (covid) was going to be the biggest challenge of his presidency.  Trump's head popped up when he heard it so we know he was paying attention.  

sunluvngal:

People obviously need to take a little trip back and remember ALL the dems and experts saying it was nothing to worry about and that there was no need for masks...you know, biden saying the President was xenophoebic and fearmongering and pelosi busy with the impeachment BUT inviting everybody to china town...maskless.   Yep all that while President Trump was taking the necessary precautions, against the dems and expert advice, saying that it was not necessary.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump is at fault and the reason that we have

205,000 deaths and counting

trying to rewrite history, will not change history...at least for those are paying attention, and can in no way support trump. 

Hello everyone,

We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions and backgrounds, so please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Yep all that while President Trump was taking the necessary precautions, WRONG!  trump STILL doesn't wear a mask, nor does he require others to do the same.  Some prefer to forget trump receives the best advice money can buy, but not former V.P.'s and Majority Leaders of the House.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

Yep all that while President Trump was taking the necessary precautions, WRONG!  trump STILL doesn't wear a mask, nor does he require others to do the same.  Some prefer to forget trump receives the best advice money can buy, but not former V.P.'s and Majority Leaders of the House.

sunluvngal:

You know darn well what precautions i was talking about and it had nothing to do with masks.  What a person or the President does regarding wearing a mask is a personal decision we all have to make.  Unlike biden and some of the other democrats, President Trump (nor i) believe in forcing a person or the governments personal belief on we the people.  Unlike what ya'll seem to think of some citizens, i do not follow what Trump or any other president does. I'm quite capable of making, what i consider to be, the best choice for me and mine.

Well then the former VP and majority leaders should keep their UNINFORMED mouths shut.  Yes?  Yes!

The democrats are the only ones that think we the people are the "deplorables and ignorant". 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal:

You know darn well what precautions i was talking about I do?  I wouldn't want to be one of those mind-reading Centrists ya know....

and it had nothing to do with masks.  Who knows?  You won't reveal what they are....

What a person or the President does regarding wearing a mask is a personal decision we all have to make.  Yep, and spreading the vvirus to kill 206,000+ is a choice?  Kinda blows away the pro-life argument....

Unlike biden and some of the other democrats, President Trump (nor i) believe in forcing a person or the governments personal belief on we the people.  The virus and the death industry appreciate it....

Unlike what ya'll seem to think of some citizens, i do not follow what Trump or any other president does. I'm quite capable of making, what i consider to be, the best choice for me and mine.  Good for you!!!

Well then the former VP and majority leaders should keep their UNINFORMED mouths shut.  Yes?  Yes!  POTUS Doesn't have a very good track record....20,000+ lies?  YES!  YES!  YES!

The democrats are the only ones that think we the people are the "deplorables and ignorant". Are you sure?

Honored Social Butterfly

The Trump administration was told about Covid-19 and it's propensity of becoming a pandemic in November of last year. Let that sink in.

Trump at first said that the virus was not serious, he denied it early in 2020 and he is on tape denying it.

Trump took late action by banning travel from China and didn't require the screening, testing, or sequestering of those returning from China.

Trump took very late action in arranging for the production of PPE equipment and respirators.

Trump downplayed the virus and admitted to it in a live interview that has been presented in this discussion group.  

All information available debunks most everything in your posted topic.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Regular Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 wrote:

The Trump administration was told about Covid-19 and it's propensity of becoming a pandemic in November of last year. Let that sink in.

Trump at first said that the virus was not serious, he denied it early in 2020 and he is on tape denying it.

Trump took late action by banning travel from China and didn't require the screening, testing, or sequestering of those returning from China.

Trump took very late action in arranging for the production of PPE equipment and respirators.

Trump downplayed the virus and admitted to it in a live interview that has been presented in this discussion group.  

sunluvngal:

Wrong.  All information i posted does, in fact, debunk your response and many other misleading and/or false representation and misinformation "out there".

It sounds like too many people don't really even bother reading a post, just ready for the attack.  That is not how people learn...gotta listen/read/comprehend to actually learn anything.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
ChasKy53 wrote:

sunluvngal:

Wrong.  All information i posted does, in fact, debunk your response and many other misleading and/or false representation and misinformation "out there".

Sorry but you are wrong. You are basing your opinion on a non-valid fake news source, an opinion piece by an extreme right wing guy playing reporter.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
ChasKy53 wrote:

sunluvngal:

Wrong.  : >/  Really?  How so?  All information i posted does, in fact, debunk your response Please explain how it does that... And what facts did you post?  The link to the Washington Post article?  I'm pleased to see you quote the WaPo as a factual source.  But your link takes readers to an article with thise headline.  

Woodward book: Trump says he knew coronavirus was ‘deadly’ and worse than the flu while intentionall... 

Do you think the POTUS would share classified information with Pelosi and Biden?  What sources did they have that POTUS didn't?

and many other misleading and/or false representation and misinformation "out there".  Like what?  List them...anyone can falesly claim "there are many other misleading and/or false representation and misinformation "out there". C'mon.  Anybody can toss grenades...

It sounds like too many people don't really even bother reading a post, just ready for the attack. Yep, and they reside on both sides of the political spectrum.  Some prefer the ad hominen attacks vs. providing details that can be discussed or easily dismissed.  That is not how people learn...gotta listen/read/comprehend to actually learn anything.  I agree, but remember, your lecture goes both ways.

Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:
ChasKy53 wrote:

sunluvngal:

Wrong.  : >/  Really?  How so?  All information i posted does, in fact, debunk your response Please explain how it does that... And what facts did you post?  The link to the Washington Post article?  I'm pleased to see you quote the WaPo as a factual source.  But your link takes readers to an article with thise headline.  

Woodward book: Trump says he knew coronavirus was ‘deadly’ and worse than the flu while intentionall... 

Do you think the POTUS would share classified information with Pelosi and Biden?  What sources did they have that POTUS didn't?

and many other misleading and/or false representation and misinformation "out there".  Like what?  List them...anyone can falesly claim "there are many other misleading and/or false representation and misinformation "out there". C'mon.  Anybody can toss grenades...

It sounds like too many people don't really even bother reading a post, just ready for the attack. Yep, and they reside on both sides of the political spectrum.  Some prefer the ad hominen attacks vs. providing details that can be discussed or easily dismissed.  That is not how people learn...gotta listen/read/comprehend to actually learn anything.  I agree, but remember, your lecture goes both ways.

sunluvngal @Centristsin2010 

pelosi and biden were jackin' their jaws like they had more information then the President did and throwing accusations around like the lousy politicians they are...so they own their actions and words.  Period.  

My apologies regarding the link for the post going elsewhere...but it's ALL out there IF a person is sincerely interested in the truth.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

pelosi and biden were jackin' their jaws like they had more information then the President did and throwing accusations around like the lousy politicians they are... Do you have any proof of that or just expressing your opinion?  so they own their actions and words.  Period.  STOP! 

My apologies regarding the link for the post going elsewhere...but it's ALL out there IF a person is sincerely interested in the truth. 

giphy222.gif

LOL!  You say that quite frequently.  Whose truth are we to look for?

Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

pelosi and biden were jackin' their jaws like they had more information then the President did and throwing accusations around like the lousy politicians they are... Do you have any proof of that or just expressing your opinion?  so they own their actions and words.  Period.  STOP! 

LOL!  You say that quite frequently.  Whose truth are we to look for?

sunluvngal:

And ya'll LOL a lot. So?  Ya'll be you and i'll be me...and allow others the same respect. There is, seriously, only one TRUTH.  I'm just sayin', stop expecting others to do the legwork.  I've done all the legwork i'm going to do, when i do the research on what i post.  Comprende, now?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

I've done all the legwork i'm going to do, when i do the research on what i post.  Comprende, now?

"Research" is not going only to extreme right wing sources, some of them which in fact are merely 'opinion' articles. Yep, I "comprehede" just fine !  ROTFLMAO !!!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Important to do brainwork and objectivity of all sources.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal:

And ya'll LOL a lot. So? So!

Ya'll be you and i'll be me...and allow others the same respect. We all do.  You are welcome to be you....but the guidelines/TOS suggest providing facts and references and links. Some do and some don't.

There is, seriously, only one TRUTH.  I'm just sayin', stop expecting others to do the legwork. Some claim they know what that one truth is; but chose not to share it with others.....IN A DISCUSSION BOARD.  That seems odd...

Regular Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal:

And ya'll LOL a lot. So? So!

Ya'll be you and i'll be me...and allow others the same respect. We all do.  You are welcome to be you....but the guidelines/TOS suggest providing facts and references and links. Some do and some don't.

There is, seriously, only one TRUTH.  I'm just sayin', stop expecting others to do the legwork. Some claim they know what that one truth is; but chose not to share it with others.....IN A DISCUSSION BOARD.  That seems odd...

sunluvngal:

lol  I'm just glad ya'll don't set the guidelines!  I always post links, the one to the washington post (i think it was)  had nothing to do with the rest of my post...where the links are all over the place.  Like ya'll really care...about going to the links.  Most don't even read what people bother to post for'em, let alone use the links.  🙄

This is a "discussion" board?  Coulda fooled me, i thought it was just an attack Trump board on everything that's posted.  And that's even when it has nothing to do with Trump!🤣

shaking head rabbit CUTE.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

TRump lied and over 200, 00 have died.

America or Trump 2020.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png