Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

FBI chief McCabe faces three separate federal inquiries into his behavior

Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a central player in the Russia election case, is the focus of three separate federal administrative inquiries into allegations about his behavior as a senior bureau executive, according to documents and interviews.

 

The allegations being reviewed range from sexual discrimination to improper political activity, the documents show

The inquiries remain open but so far there have not been any adverse findings against the senior FBI executive, who soared though the ranks the last few years to become deputy director and acting director since James Comey was fired.

 

FBI officials and McCabe declined comment.

 

Circa reported Monday that former supervisory special agent Robyn Gritz, a decorated counterterrorism agent, has filed a sexual discrimination and retaliation complaint that names McCabe and other top FBI officials. 

That is working its way through the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and is awaiting a review by an administrative law judge in the Office of Federal Operations.

 

Gritz also filed a complaint against McCabe with the main federal whistleblower agency in April, alleging social media photos she found show he campaigned for his wife’s Virginia state senate race in violation of the Hatch Act.

FBI employees are held to a higher standard than other federal workers under the Hatch Act and may not “endorse or oppose a candidate for partisan political office or a candidate for political party office in a political advertisement, broadcast, campaign literature, or similar material if such endorsement or opposition is done in concert with a candidate, political party, or partisan political group.”

The OSC told Circa  that complaint is still being actively investigated. 

In addition, the Justice Department Inspector General is investigating allegations from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, that McCabe may not have properly disclosed campaign payments to his wife on his ethics report and should have recused himself from Hillary Clinton's email case.

 

http://circa.com/politics/fbi-chief-andrew-mccabe-faces-three-separate-federal-inquiries-into-his-be...

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
424 Views
26
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, a central player in the Russia election case, is the focus of three separate federal administrative inquiries into allegations about his behavior as a senior bureau executive, according to documents and interviews.

 

The allegations being reviewed range from sexual discrimination to improper political activity, the documents show

The inquiries remain open but so far there have not been any adverse findings against the senior FBI executive, who soared though the ranks the last few years to become deputy director and acting director since James Comey was fired.

 

FBI officials and McCabe declined comment.

 

Circa reported Monday that former supervisory special agent Robyn Gritz, a decorated counterterrorism agent, has filed a sexual discrimination and retaliation complaint that names McCabe and other top FBI officials. 

That is working its way through the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and is awaiting a review by an administrative law judge in the Office of Federal Operations.

 

Gritz also filed a complaint against McCabe with the main federal whistleblower agency in April, alleging social media photos she found show he campaigned for his wife’s Virginia state senate race in violation of the Hatch Act.

FBI employees are held to a higher standard than other federal workers under the Hatch Act and may not “endorse or oppose a candidate for partisan political office or a candidate for political party office in a political advertisement, broadcast, campaign literature, or similar material if such endorsement or opposition is done in concert with a candidate, political party, or partisan political group.”

The OSC told Circa  that complaint is still being actively investigated. 

In addition, the Justice Department Inspector General is investigating allegations from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, that McCabe may not have properly disclosed campaign payments to his wife on his ethics report and should have recused himself from Hillary Clinton's email case.

 

http://circa.com/politics/fbi-chief-andrew-mccabe-faces-three-separate-federal-inquiries-into-his-be...


UPDATE:

 

5 of 6

FBI employees are held to a higher standard than other federal workers under the Hatch Act and may not “endorse or oppose a candidate for partisan political office or a candidate for political party office in a political advertisement, broadcast, campaign literature, or similar material if such endorsement or opposition is done in concert with a candidate, political party, or partisan political group.”

The OSC told Circa  that complaint is still being actively investigated. 

In addition, the Justice Department Inspector General is investigating allegations from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, that McCabe may not have properly disclosed campaign payments to his wife on his ethics report and should have recused himself from Hillary Clinton's email case.

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
617 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Oh look. McCabe contradicted the White House's alternative facts. I wonder if that could have had anything to do with this. 

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/andrew-mccabe-fbi-chief-russia-trump.html

 

Recognized Social Butterfly

Jimc91, what is your post supposed to prove?  That somebody is being investigated?  How does that fact prove anything else that you want people to believe (that this somehow means Trump and Flynn should not be investigated at all)?

0 Kudos
421 Views
14
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

sp362:  Jimc91, what is your post supposed to prove?  That somebody is being investigated?  How does that fact prove anything else that you want people to believe (that this somehow means Trump and Flynn should not be investigated at all)?

 

 

This is just another example of how the right operates when things don't go their way. Endless (and pointless) investigations into nothingburgers, whisper & smear campaigns to get the base angry (as if they need goading to be angry!). The whole point is to throw shade on someone doing something they dislike and fear......such as investigate Trump. They're trying to invent something where nothing exists.

Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:

Jimc91, what is your post supposed to prove?  That somebody is being investigated?  How does that fact prove anything else that you want people to believe (that this somehow means Trump and Flynn should not be investigated at all)?


It's not suppose to prove anything.  In looking at the past behavior of McCabe just might disqualify him from keeping a high level position with the FBI.

 

Drain the swamp...

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
412 Views
12
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Jimc91, what is your post supposed to prove?  That somebody is being investigated?  How does that fact prove anything else that you want people to believe (that this somehow means Trump and Flynn should not be investigated at all)?


It's not suppose to prove anything.  In looking at the past behavior of McCabe just might disqualify him from keeping a high level position with the FBI.

 

Drain the swamp...

 

 

 


In looking at the past behavior of Trump it makes the past behavior of McCabe look like an amateur. If Trump's past behavior doesn't disqualify him the only thing that might disqualify McCabe is that he is not covering up for Trump.

0 Kudos
422 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Jimc91, what is your post supposed to prove?  That somebody is being investigated?  How does that fact prove anything else that you want people to believe (that this somehow means Trump and Flynn should not be investigated at all)?


It's not suppose to prove anything.  In looking at the past behavior of McCabe just might disqualify him from keeping a high level position with the FBI.

 

Drain the swamp...

 

 

 


In looking at the past behavior of Trump it makes the past behavior of McCabe look like an amateur. If Trump's past behavior doesn't disqualify him the only thing that might disqualify McCabe is that he is not covering up for Trump.


OK if you say so but this thread is about FBI Chief McCabe.  Do you have any thoughts on the TOPIC?

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
430 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Jimc91, what is your post supposed to prove?  That somebody is being investigated?  How does that fact prove anything else that you want people to believe (that this somehow means Trump and Flynn should not be investigated at all)?


It's not suppose to prove anything.  In looking at the past behavior of McCabe just might disqualify him from keeping a high level position with the FBI.

 

Drain the swamp...

 

 

 


In looking at the past behavior of Trump it makes the past behavior of McCabe look like an amateur. If Trump's past behavior doesn't disqualify him the only thing that might disqualify McCabe is that he is not covering up for Trump.


OK if you say so but this thread is about FBI Chief McCabe.  Do you have any thoughts on the TOPIC?

 

 


My comment ON THE TOPIC - it is a ridiculous attempt to take focus off Trump's stupid tweets.

0 Kudos
432 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Jimc91, what is your post supposed to prove?  That somebody is being investigated?  How does that fact prove anything else that you want people to believe (that this somehow means Trump and Flynn should not be investigated at all)?


It's not suppose to prove anything.  In looking at the past behavior of McCabe just might disqualify him from keeping a high level position with the FBI.

 

Drain the swamp...

 

 

 


In looking at the past behavior of Trump it makes the past behavior of McCabe look like an amateur. If Trump's past behavior doesn't disqualify him the only thing that might disqualify McCabe is that he is not covering up for Trump.


OK if you say so but this thread is about FBI Chief McCabe.  Do you have any thoughts on the TOPIC?

 

 


My comment ON THE TOPIC - it is a ridiculous attempt to take focus off Trump's stupid tweets.


Well lets see, at the top of the post is a field entitled SUBJECT.  In that field is written,  "FBI chief McCabe faces three separate federal inquiries into his behavior."

 

I don't see anything in it that says anything about President Trump and his tweets.

 

Conclusion:  You are OFF TOPIC...

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
448 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

In looking at the past behavior of McCabe just might disqualify him from keeping a high level position with the FBI.

 


Just like looking at the past behavior of the author of the article, Solomon, might disqualify him from writing a point of view that is impartial and true.

 

 

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
436 Views
7
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

In looking at the past behavior of McCabe just might disqualify him from keeping a high level position with the FBI.

 


Just like looking at the past behavior of the author of the article, Solomon, might disqualify him from writing a point of view that is impartial and true.

 

 


Does that mean you are disputing the fact that  Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe is being investigated by the Office of U.S. Special Counsel for violating The Hatch Act that prohibits FBI agents from campaigning in partisan races ?

 

If so, that's your choice.

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
432 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:


Does that mean you are disputing the fact that  Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe is being investigated by the Office of U.S. Special Counsel for violating The Hatch Act that prohibits FBI agents from campaigning in partisan races ?

 


I am disputing the entire article as it is written by someone that led a newspaper that is owned and operated by a cult.

 

 

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
431 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:


Does that mean you are disputing the fact that  Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe is being investigated by the Office of U.S. Special Counsel for violating The Hatch Act that prohibits FBI agents from campaigning in partisan races ?

 


I am disputing the entire article as it is written by someone that led a newspaper that is owned and operated by a cult.

 

 


Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion but you are still off topic.  The topic is about FBI Chief McCabe.

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
418 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:


Does that mean you are disputing the fact that  Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe is being investigated by the Office of U.S. Special Counsel for violating The Hatch Act that prohibits FBI agents from campaigning in partisan races ?

 


I am disputing the entire article as it is written by someone that led a newspaper that is owned and operated by a cult.

 

 


Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion but you are still off topic.  The topic is about FBI Chief McCabe.

 

 

 

 


...

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:


Does that mean you are disputing the fact that  Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe is being investigated by the Office of U.S. Special Counsel for violating The Hatch Act that prohibits FBI agents from campaigning in partisan races ?

 


I am disputing the entire article as it is written by someone that led a newspaper that is owned and operated by a cult.

 

 


Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion but you are still off topic.  The topic is about FBI Chief McCabe.

 

 

 

 


...


Acting FBI Director McCabe in much more honest than anyone Trump has included in his administration. You keep believing the proven liars and I won't.

0 Kudos
639 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Snoopy48 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:


Does that mean you are disputing the fact that  Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe is being investigated by the Office of U.S. Special Counsel for violating The Hatch Act that prohibits FBI agents from campaigning in partisan races ?

 


I am disputing the entire article as it is written by someone that led a newspaper that is owned and operated by a cult.

 

 


Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion but you are still off topic.  The topic is about FBI Chief McCabe.

 

 

 

 


...


Acting FBI Director McCabe in much more honest than anyone Trump has included in his administration. You keep believing the proven liars and I won't.


And you are certainly entitled to your opinion as well...

 

However, that does not change the fact that he is being investigated .

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
632 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

And you are certainly entitled to your opinion as well...

 

However, that does not change the fact that he is being investigated .

 

 

 


Just like Trump. Well, not quite as Trump could end up being charged with treason. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:


Oh, what a tangled web we weave........

 

Circa.com went broke in 2015 but was resurrected by Sinclair Media in July of 2016. But then they hired and then promoted quickly someone that has had connections to................. you guessed it......THE MOONIES!!!!!

 

John Solomon is the COO of Circa.com.

 

He was Editor In Chief of THE WASHINGTON TIMES.

 

Yes, that's right.

 

SUN MYONG MOON'S Washington Times..........

 

The UNIFICATION CHURCH'S Washington Times........

 

The MOONIE CULT'S Washington Times........

 

His leadership at THE WASHINGTON TIMES resulted in a media source that was described by HARPER'S MAGAZINE, a distinguished media source since 1850, to say:

 

"There is a daily newspaper-THE WASHINGTON TIMES- published strictly for the movement's benefit, a propaganda sheet whose distortions are so obvious and so alien that it puts one in mind of those official party organs one encounters when traveling in authoritarian countries."

 

There is no reason to believe that this John Solomon doesn't guide Circa.com in the same manner as he has guided the other media sources.

 

So, once again, why would anyone believe news from an organization led by someone that has been discredited and had led a disreputable media source previously?????

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel, you are OFF TOPIC.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
414 Views
7
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel, you are OFF TOPIC.

 


Oh contrare, @jimc91,

 

Disputing the validity of information based on its origin is absolutely on topic.

 

Are you saying once you post something, everyone should take the resource(from which you composed your post) as the gospel?

 

Do you not believe in freedom of speech?

 

or

 

Do you not believe in freedom of the press?

 

Which one is it?

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
400 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel, you are OFF TOPIC.

 


Oh contrare, @jimc91,

 

Disputing the validity of information based on its origin is absolutely on topic.

 

Are you saying once you post something, everyone should take the resource(from which you composed your post) as the gospel?

 

Do you not believe in freedom of speech?

 

or

 

Do you not believe in freedom of the press?

 

Which one is it?


Thank you @TxGrandpa2 for the kudo on this posting.

 

I am glad you agree that disputing validity of information in a post based on the post's resource origin is a viable method of disputing information.

 

If a resource has repeatedly been disreputable, discredited, and a purveyour of false news...... readers need to know that.

 

Many readers will see that posts from resources like Brietbart, The Washington Times, Circa.com, and Lifezette are not always what they say they are.

 

Again, thanks for the kudo.

 

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
635 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel

 

Thank you @TxGrandpa2 for the kudo on this posting.


And thanks for pointing it out that I gave a kudo in error.   Kudo has been revoked.

 
 
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel

 

Thank you @TxGrandpa2 for the kudo on this posting.


And thanks for pointing it out that I gave a kudo in error.   Kudo has been revoked.

 
 

It was probably a FREUDIAN SLIP.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

nctarheel wrote:

 

It was probably a FREUDIAN SLIP.


No, just a distraction.  Now can we get back to the discussion instead of taking it off-topic with personalities?

 
 
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel You are off topic, again.

 

Read the subject line.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
428 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel You are off topic, again.

 

Read the subject line.

 

 

 


I did read the subject line and the subject of your post was an article written by the former head of a newspaper owned and operated by a cult.

 

If you want people to believe what is written, then resources with more validity and legitimacy need to be used; not an article written by a guy that led a newspaper owned and operated by a cult.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
431 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png