Introducing the Problem-Solving Strategy Challenge, the latest interactive brain exercise from Staying Sharp! Get started now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FBI: US hate crimes rise for second straight year

Message 81 of 88

@phyllisc6781wrote:

trump’s underlying message—Make America hate again.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

I have not seen that. Can you offer specifics?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 88

@ChasKy53wrote:

I'm going to wait and watch postings on this to see how the Extreme and Alt-Right here try to somehow blame all of this hate and division on Obama and Hillary.

Trump's campaign was packed with dog whistle words and phrases, he got elected, now we are seeing all of these hate crimes escalate. Trump owns this.

Why would anyone blame them? Obama did, in fact, cause increased hatred during his time in office due to his identity politics. Hillary is history.

As to the current situation - what could be expected considering the pussyhatters, the "Resistance", and the "not my President" crowd. 

Look here - if someone likes the Trump agenda they are labeled alt-right, Nazi, fascist, Kluxer, homophobe, sexist, racist, etc. 

There is the basis of hate crimes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 88

An offense against humanity is an offense against humanity whatever its nature.  This topic cites hate. 

It's not the only one for sure.  Excusing one offense by citing another as justification is another.  'Hate' and 'hypocrisy' can qualify as an offense against humanity, especially when employed by demagogues seeking to exploit them.  

Truth, on the other hand, is of universal benefit to mankind when universally employed.  Presuming that is an accurate observation, and I do, where does that put those who abuse the responsibilty of being human?  Why do so many tolerate that abuse?  I can answer the first.  The second I cannot .

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 88

trump’s underlying message—Make America hate again.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 88

And my question is: Where is the faith-based community, and why aren't they doing more to combat this culture of hatred and violence? For that matter, why aren't they speaking out against gun violence, an promoting sensible gun laws? After all, churches were targeted in several places. 

In some communities we do see acts of kindness from one faith community to another that was victimized. But I'm speaking of an organized movement like they do for pro-life. They turn out in large numbers to pro-life rallies for protecting the unborn. What about a pro-life rally for the living? Don't all people have a right to life without living in fear? How about it? Where are you faith-based community?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 88

It should be noted that the Sheriff called the county they lived, "a Conservative one"; that they embraced the Confederate flag and flew it daily (proudly), stock piled guns, built bombs, started a militia, bombed a woman's health clinic, bombed a Muslim place of worship, and like those who attack me for posting these FACTS (not FAKE NEWS as one claims racism is.....) are white males, just like most all mass murderers.  Do we have a problem in this country?  Darn straight, and it may include White Privilege.

It's interesting to note when Islamic terrorists are attacking innocent people, many Americans shout, "what are the good Muslims doing about it"?  So what are White Conservatives doing about these hate crimes?

And before foolish people claim my comment is racist for singling out whites, the vast majority of these crimes are committed by "white" Conservatives; it's not racist to point out the truth; just as those who claim most shootings in Chicago are committed by blacks.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 88

I'm going to wait and watch postings on this to see how the Extreme and Alt-Right here try to somehow blame all of this hate and division on Obama and Hillary.

Trump's campaign was packed with dog whistle words and phrases, he got elected, now we are seeing all of these hate crimes escalate. Trump owns this.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

FBI: US hate crimes rise for second straight year

Message 88 of 88

The number of hate crimes in 2016 was 6,121 - about a 5% jump from 2015. About half of those incidents were motivated by race, the agency says.

The latest statistics are based on voluntary reporting from nearly 16,000 US law enforcement agencies.

The FBI did not give a reason for a rise in reported hate crimes.

"No person should have to fear being violently attacked because of who they are, what they believe, of how they worship," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement on Monday.

Mr Sessions added that he would await a Department of Justice Crime Reduction and Public Safety task force report to determine what actions should be taken to address the increase.

According to the FBI, hate crimes can range from property vandalism to violence and murder.

In incidents where the perpetrators were identified, the FBI found that about 58% of crimes were motivated by the victims' race, ethnicity or ancestry.

Meanwhile, 21% of crimes were motivated by religion and nearly 18% by a victim's sexual orientation.

About half the 1,273 incidents involving religion were against Jews while Muslims were targeted in 307 religion-based crimes.

The FBI's report was consistent with a report released earlier this year by a civil rights group that found an apparent increase in the number of anti-Muslim hate groups this past year.

This appears to be trump's base's "dirty little secret".  They often claim they support "law and order" and often blame every minority group for most all crime, but the facts indicate almost every mass murder is at the hands of a "white" American and since trump threw his hat in the ring, soon after his birther nonsense, hate crimes have increased significantly.  Certainly not "fake news" as at least one would claim.

In Arizona, two Conservative women decided to take their children on a field trip to a mosque, to steal property owned by the mosque and to live-stream their hate-filled tirade.  More details and video at:  Moms took children to a mosque and live-streamed their hate-filled tirade

And yesterday, white males from Illinois were arrested for bombing a Bloomington Minnesota mosque last summer.  This is the same case where many Conservatives falsely claimed Muslims bombed their own Mosque.  Precious, eh?

Three men arrested in Illinois case are charged with Bloomington mosque bombing

A Bloomington mosque was bombed last August by three Illinois men who traveled eight hours from their small hometown to terrorize Muslims in hopes of making them flee the country, according to the FBI.

The trio was arrested Tuesday in Illinois after one of them admitted to aiding the plot and also described his role in a failed effort to bomb an Illinois women’s health clinic months later.

The break in what the FBI described as its top investigative priority in Minneapolis lent long-sought answers to the Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center’s congregation even as it introduced a new set of questions.

“We are happy that the people are caught,” said Abdulahi Farah, a member and volunteer. “At the same time we’re a little bit shocked that they came all the way from Illinois just to cause hate on the community.”

According to charges, each man had a role in the attack: Hari, the alleged bomb-maker, drove the three to Minnesota and acted as a getaway driver; Morris allegedly smashed in the office window with a sledgehammer and McWhorter told agents he tossed the pipe bomb inside, in what turned out to be the imam’s office. McWhorter allegedly admitted to his role in the plot in a pair of FBI interviews Saturday and Tuesday before the men were charged.

He claimed it was Hari’s idea to target the mosque and that the men didn’t intend to kill, according to an FBI terrorism task force officer’s affidavit, “but they wanted to ‘scare [Muslims] out of the country’ ... because they push their beliefs on everyone else.”

“McWhorter also said they committed the bombing mainly to ‘show them hey, you’re not welcome here, get the [expletive] out,’ ” the affidavit continued.

According to the FBI, these three were attempting to start a militia in Illinois.  The leader, a former Sheriffs Deputy.  Link to this info can be found at the link above.

Would anyone be surprised to know he proudly flew a Confederate Flag on his business' building?

Hate crimes have significantly increased since trump announced he'd run for the highest position in the land.  It's obvious to most who incites this criminal behaviour.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs