Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FBI Turns Over Documents on Informants, Trump Campaign Surveillance

Message 1 of 19
@CriticalThinking
I just hope if and when I am ever investigated I can demand I see the details of the investigation..

Funny I didn't get to see the papers on the guy that killed my daughter, why was that? Was I just a nobody civilian? Did I not ask the right people?

You better believe I'll know better next time, hoping there is not one. If there is a problem can I reference the Presidents's case and get the paper work, I'd say NO,

They should NOT have handed over the investigation papers to a person being investigated, that is just COMMON SENSE. But then we know The Donald has NO COMMON SENSE or any sense for that matter.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

FBI Turns Over Documents on Informants, Trump Campaign Surveillance

Message 2 of 19

Jim is good at copying Fox propaganda conspiracy theory reports, but he does NOT understand the law. In post after post, he proves that he's thoroughly confused when it comes to legal issues and criminal investigations. JimC wrote,"Where is the probable cause evidence that created the Mueller Probe?"

Oh my goodness! What is he talking about? Did Fox tell him the above? 

Law enforcement agencies do NOT require "probable cause" to conduct an investigation. Just as he did with "the fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine", Jim is incorrectly applying another legal principle of criminal law. Jim, please stop.

No wonder Trump Cult members love Fox!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

Where is the probable cause evidence that created the Mueller Probe?  

The leaked memo from Comey prompted the probe.

The probe should have never been launched since it was based on the lie from Comey. That will be identified as just some of the poisonous fruit.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

Why does he insist upon proving he does NOT understand criminal law? "I think most people fully understand the concept of using the fruit of the poisonous tree to prosecute any person is unacceptable. "

The statement above demonstates unbelievable legal ignorance in terms of how the rule is applied. The Fruit of the Poisonous Tree legal ruling is applicable only during a trial. A judge hears the legal arguments, examines the evidence, and rules in his or her courtroom on that concept. 

That legal principle is NEVER challenged during an investigation, which I repeatedly stated should remain confidential and free from interference. Real Americans understand how important this is.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

I think most people fully understand the concept of using the fruit of the poisonous tree to prosecute any person is unacceptable.  

The statue of Lady Justice show clearly it is to be unbiased , symbolized by her blindfold.

I for one American am happy that the people that do not acknowledge this concept are no longer in charge.

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 10.10.51 AM.png

Our system works well until one person places their thumb on the scale...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

If you truly want a non-biased investigation why do you constantly insist that this investigation be biased to protect Trump?

How long do you think it will be before some Republican releases everything that is being investigated and who is providing the information to Trump?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

@CriticalThinking

I totally agree. How this is being done is unbelievable.

I'm sure a person who wants to be an informant will think twice in helping us in the future and the Donald once again has screwed things up.

As for Nunes, the goffer, he hopefully will not be re-elected because all he does is Nothing.
He's a Yes Master man IMO.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

JimC continually proves he doesn't undestand the criminal investigative process. Confidentlality and Integrity of the investigation are two keys to conducting a sound and proper investigation. JimC wants the FBI to violate that because Fox keeps providing one conspriacy theory after another, which he and other Fox viewers believe.  

If you are a real American, you will never tolerate interference with the FBI conducting their investigations. Numerous mafia kingpins were convicted over the past two decades because the FBI maintained confidentiality and never allowed the Integrity of the investigation to be violated and splattered across newspaper headlines.

JimC and everybody else in Trump World is destroyng those priniciples and the rule of law in America.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

@CriticalThinking wrote:

A criminal investigation is a criminal investigation. It doesn't matter whether you're investigatiing a homicide, the Mafia, or a Presidential campaign. There are sound investigative principles which apply to every criminal investigatiion. Here are some of those principles:

• Try to keep the investigation confidential
  • Never reveal the names of informants or potential witnesses
  • Do not allow the media access to the status of the investigation

In Trump World, they want to make a special exception for their idol and hero in the White House. They want the FBI to violate every known principle of criminal investigations.

For me any investigation needs to be non-biased.  Peter Strozk being the lead investigator in the Clinton email scandal and the Mueller probe is problematic.  Surely you see that.

(insulting language adds nothing to the discussion)

“[Trump’s] not ever going to become president right? Right?!” Page wrote to Strzok.

Strzok replied: “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”

Here are a few of the text messages I would submit as evidence of Bias by high level FBI and DOJ persons:

"Seriously?! Would you not [vote] D[emocrat]?" Page responded.

"I don’t know," Strzok answered. "I suppose Hillary [Clinton]."

"I would [vote] D," Page affirmed.

Two days later, Page texted Strzok, "God, Trump is a loathsome human."

"Yet he many[sic] win," Strzok responded. "Good for Hillary."

Later the same day, Strzok texted Page, "Omg [Trump's] an idiot."

"He's awful," Page answered.

"America will get what the voting public deserves," said Strzok, to which Page responded. "That’s what I’m afraid of."

Later that same day, Strzok texted Page, "Ok I may vote for Trump."

"What?" answered Page. "Poor Kasich. He’s the only sensible man up there."

"He was pretty much calling for death for [NSA leaker] Edward Snowden," Strzok said. "I’m a single-issue voter. Smiley Wink Espionage Machine Party."

Strzok later told Page, "Exacty [sic] re Kasich. And he has ZERO appeal."

Twelve days later, after Trump took a commanding lead in the Republican delegate race with victories in key "Super Tuesday" primaries, Page texted Strzok, "I can not believe Donald Trump is likely to be an actual, serious candidate for president."

Four months later, Strzok and Page exchanged messages mocking Trump and his family at the Republican National Convention.

"Oooh, TURN IT ON, TURN IT ON!!! THE DO*CHEBAGS ARE ABOUT TO COME OUT," Strzok texted Page on July 19. "You can tell by the excitable clapping."

Later, Strzok reached out to Page again, saying, "Omg. You listening to npr? Apparently Melania’s speech had passages lifted from Michelle Obama’s…Unbelievable."

"NO WAY!" Page answered, adding "God, it's just a two-bit organization. I do so hope his disorganization comes to bite him hard in November."

On Aug. 6, Page texted Strzok a New York Times article about Muslim lawyer Khzir Khan, who became embroiled in a war of words with Trump after Khan spoke at the Democratic National Convention.

"Jesus. You should read this. And Trump should go f himself," Page wrote in a message attached to the article.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

People like this have no place in the premier law enforcement agencies in the world.  They have tainted everything they have touched and have turned all of the investigations they participated in fruit of the poisonous tree.

Awaiting civil discussion

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

A criminal investigation is a criminal investigation. It doesn't matter whether you're investigatiing a homicide, the Mafia, or a Presidential campaign. There are sound investigative principles which apply to every criminal investigation. Here are some of those principles:

• Try to keep the investigation confidential
  • Never reveal the names of informants or potential witnesses
  • Do not allow the media, or anyone else, access to the status of the investigation

In Trump World, they want to make a special exception for their idol and hero in the White House. They want the FBI to violate every known principle of criminal investigations.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors