From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FAST FOOD CHAINS 'SUPPORTING TRUMP'S REELECTION'

Message 1 of 15

@JimR465144 wrote:

😂😂🤣🤣😂😂. Flipping burgers a career choice? Fast food jobs are a gateway to real jobs. You learn how to be an employee. Learn responsibility. Come to work on time. Do your job. Earn your pay.

Nothing wrong with a teen flipping burgers to learn why they call it WORK and not PLAY.

EVERYTHING wrong when all the "better" jobs' actual pay is gravitating toward the burger-flipper pay, and the jobs themselves are moving to commie slaves in Asia.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

😂😂🤣🤣😂😂. Flipping burgers a career choice? Fast food jobs are a gateway to real jobs. You learn how to be an employee. Learn responsibility. Come to work on time. Do your job. Earn your pay.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@myexper wrote:

........ "The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families."

Not sure why fast food employees making the minimum wage would want to support Trump or any Republican as they are all against raising the minimum wage.

Just a guess, but could be caused by the boss threatening to inform ICE of the employees whereabouts, or just noting that the workers should consider it a contribution towards their continued employment.

Then there's the possibility the workers are lofo white kids raised in the Racist traditions of the GOP - it is a mystery how so many people will vote AGAINST their own self interest AND the future of their kids because Fox andthe rest of the GOPer Propaganda Ministry have made them think it's other poor people (who aren't white) who are the real reason they haven't gotten a raise since 1970, and NOT the Republicans who have blocked increases to the minimum wage and are destroying SS and Medicare so they can cut more rich people's taxes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@afisher wrote:

I am all-in for avoiding most of the food chains, esp  drive-throughs.    But then I have been avoiding them for decades

And all these years you thought it was just to preserve your personal health, never realizing it was also working to preserve your grandkid's futures!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

........ "The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families."

Not sure why fast food employees making the minimum wage would want to support Trump or any Republican as they are all against raising the minimum wage.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@rker321 wrote:

Gee, glad Burger King is not ther.

I agree, BK does make the best burgers!

But I think McDonalds makes the best fries and chicken nuggets.

I may settle for BK's fries and give up chicken nuggets in the interest of helping my country!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

Let’s hear more and see how this develops. Not a surprise when remembering back the owner of Carl’s jr

was a big trump donor, and a trump appointment who failed to qualify and withdrew. 

And are any of these companies known for paying outstanding wages?...or even minimum wages?

I’m sure that they are trump’s kind of people!

Too bad, I must admit that I do enjoy fast food occasionally...guilty!

Will try to pay closer attention!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not suggesting a boycott, but people can eat wherever they want, after all jrbush didn't call for a boycott of The Dixie Chicks. And giving one's business to actual local businesses is a good thing, right?

Agreed! The local and privately-owned restaurants are the BEST!

Can't remember last time I had fast tood or take-out (yuck) or ate at a franchise or chain restaurant.  BUT, just my preference.  Don't really have any fave 'signature' dishes, but prefer a little more culinary adventure.  And I am 100% for supporting local businesses who aren't under any corporate pressure, political or not.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

I am all-in for avoiding most of the food chains, esp  drive-throughs.    But then I have been avoiding them for decades

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

Good to see someone is working to deprive the Corporate Oligarchs of the money they use to promote a Corporate Oligarchy to rule America. Looks like Burger King should see an uptick in sales in the coming months.

Since links in a chain seldom operate independantly on such matters, might want think about the rest of Darden Restaraunts: As of April 2017, the firm owns two fine dining restaurant chains: Eddie V's Prime Seafood and The Capital Grille; and six casual dining restaurant chains: Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, Yard House and Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen (the latter having been acquired on April 24, 2017).

Also YUM! Brands, a restaurant company that owns KFC also owns the Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and WingStreet chains.

Not suggesting a boycott, but people can eat wherever they want, after all jrbush didn't call for a boycott of The Dixie Chicks. And giving one's business to actual local businesses is a good thing, right?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors