From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
327
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

327 Views
Message 31 of 153

@alferdpacker wrote:

 

Not entirely factually accurate, and not supported by links to proved facts - but hey, it's a rationalization...


How can you prove that one's opinion is factual?  It's exactly that, opinion.

 

And can you deny that Clinton didn't engage in what I've mentioned?  Proven facts says that a good part is; enough to surmise that there has much that is not public.

 

Of course Bill and Hillary didn't divorce, because one could also come to the conclusion that theirs has been a political marriage, or at least turned into one.  How many women would 'stand by their man' with all that has come out in public.  Not many. 

 

And how much of the denial here is based on politics? 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
327
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
324
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

324 Views
Message 32 of 153

Hey fishslayer , Did you say something about Trump's " Moral Compass " ?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
324
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
320
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

320 Views
Message 33 of 153

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:



Well, Trump has struck the nerve. We Liberals tend to worship at the altar of efficient service to mankind and Trump tramples on all those goals.  Had he been born poor, he would be living in a halfway house trying to figure how to fool his latest parole rep. 


Apparently my post that started this ignited some indignation at comparing Trump and Clinton for basically doing the same thing.  And it was a flurry of accusations based entirely on a partisan basis from liberals who resented their boy from being compared with Trump.

 

I don't worship on anyone's political alter but that of a higher authority.  From the looks at the path this discussion has taken, it sure looks as if someone is attempting insert religion.   So has the religious aspect morphed into the religious liberals?  They are getting religion?

 

Comparing Clinton and Trump, I doubt that Clinton has the nickname, through the areas around Arkansas, of 'Slick Willie' for nothing.  On the other hand Trump did persuade the areas with the majority of electoral votes to put him in office.   Hillary thought she was a shoo-in so spent her campaign time smoozing with her rich buddies.


Pretty good rationalization.

 

Not entirely factually accurate, and not supported by links to proved facts - but hey, it's a rationalization...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
320
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
312
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

312 Views
Message 34 of 153

@Richva wrote:

.

Actually, your post was a classic "well what about" defense of an indefensible position. I am certain you were not implying that conservative Christians flocked to the defense of Bill Clinton as they have Donald Trump.  Does the phrase "He is a baby Christian" sound familiar?  Trump is a moral train wreck and the, so  called, Christians who support him in spite of it would be page two of Martin Luther's encyclical nailed to the door of the GOP offices in Northern Virginia.

 

Clinton's sins do not wash away those of anyone else. Or do you disagree with that? If so, I may have found my church.  


As I have previously posted, I'm not defending anything nor anyone, but just making a comparison between Trump and Clinton as  womanizers.  Apparently die-hard supporters of the Clintons just can't accept reality that the two are comparable.

 

As far Martin Luther, you might as well bring up the Pope, as neither has any religious significance to me since I don't consider either of them in a religious sense.  I thought I had already made that clear and that in religion I follow Jesus Christ. And I don't vote religion in politics.  But for some reason you seem to be determined to bring religion into a political discussion.  That is sort of hypocritical since you have been among those here ridiculing religious faith in God.

 

And no, I haven't heard the term 'baby Christian'.

 

Further you seem determined to tell me what my opinion is.  I don't vote Democrat or Republican, but for the person.  For instance I supported Ron Paul for the simple reason that he was responsive to his constituents...but not necessarily for his politics.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
312
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
319
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

319 Views
Message 35 of 153

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:



Well, Trump has struck the nerve. We Liberals tend to worship at the altar of efficient service to mankind and Trump tramples on all those goals.  Had he been born poor, he would be living in a halfway house trying to figure how to fool his latest parole rep. 


Apparently my post that started this ignited some indignation at comparing Trump and Clinton for basically doing the same thing.  And it was a flurry of accusations based entirely on a partisan basis from liberals who resented their boy from being compared with Trump.

 

I don't worship on anyone's political alter but that of a higher authority.  From the looks at the path this discussion has taken, it sure looks as if someone is attempting insert religion.   So has the religious aspect morphed into the religious liberals?  They are getting religion?

 

Comparing Clinton and Trump, I doubt that Clinton has the nickname, through the areas around Arkansas, of 'Slick Willie' for nothing.  On the other hand Trump did persuade the areas with the majority of electoral votes to put him in office.   Hillary thought she was a shoo-in so spent her campaign time smoozing with her rich buddies.


Actually, your post was a classic "well what about" defense of an indefensible position. I am certain you were not implying that conservative Christians flocked to the defense of Bill Clinton as they have Donald Trump.  Does the phrase "He is a baby Christian" sound familiar?  Trump is a moral train wreck and the, so  called, Christians who support him in spite of it would be page two of Martin Luther's encyclical nailed to the door of the GOP offices in Northern Virginia.

 

Clinton's sins do not wash away those of anyone else. Or do you disagree with that? If so, I may have found my church.  

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
319
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
321
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

321 Views
Message 36 of 153

@Richva wrote:



Well, Trump has struck the nerve. We Liberals tend to worship at the altar of efficient service to mankind and Trump tramples on all those goals.  Had he been born poor, he would be living in a halfway house trying to figure how to fool his latest parole rep. 


Apparently my post that started this ignited some indignation at comparing Trump and Clinton for basically doing the same thing.  And it was a flurry of accusations based entirely on a partisan basis from liberals who resented their boy from being compared with Trump.

 

I don't worship on anyone's political alter but that of a higher authority.  From the looks at the path this discussion has taken, it sure looks as if someone is attempting insert religion.   So has the religious aspect morphed into the religious liberals?  They are getting religion?

 

Comparing Clinton and Trump, I doubt that Clinton has the nickname, through the areas around Arkansas, of 'Slick Willie' for nothing.  On the other hand Trump did persuade the areas with the majority of electoral votes to put him in office.   Hillary thought she was a shoo-in so spent her campaign time smoozing with her rich buddies.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
321
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
326
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

326 Views
Message 37 of 153

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:


It's noted that there is considerable meaning in the fact that no fact based proof has been posted.


I have no idea of what that is supposed to mean,


My post is written using standard everyday English Language terminology.

 

 

 

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
326
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
318
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

318 Views
Message 38 of 153

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:



Martin Luther would have stood for the truth. That seems very lacking in this analysis. This started because of the comment about conservative Christians supporting Trump regardess of his morals. You cannot defend a person's morals by claiming others are worse.  I am betting when you stand before your God, that argument will not fly


I am not a follower of Martin Luther, but of Jesus Christ.  I've studied about the life of Martin Luther, and admit that he created a reformation movement, but in the scheme of religion he was just a human.  And I'm sure you are aware of the passage that says, judge not lest you be judged....so how can you be sure about God's judgement?

 

Now that we have that deviation out of the way, I was just pointing out that there are some here who are ignoring that Trump's actions are nothing new when compared Clinton's.  There is no defending of anyone.

 

But I do believe I've struck a nerve among the liberals here.


Well, Trump has struck the nerve. We Liberals tend to worship at the altar of efficient service to mankind and Trump tramples on all those goals.  Had he been born poor, he would be living in a halfway house trying to figure how to fool his latest parole rep. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
318
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
337
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

337 Views
Message 39 of 153

@alferdpacker wrote:


It's noted that there is considerable meaning in the fact that no fact based proof has been posted.


I have no idea of what that is supposed to mean, but again, I'll wait until your autobiography is published before trying to figure it out.  I'm sure it'll be fact checked.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
337
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
304
Views

Re: FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

304 Views
Message 40 of 153

@Richva wrote:



Martin Luther would have stood for the truth. That seems very lacking in this analysis. This started because of the comment about conservative Christians supporting Trump regardess of his morals. You cannot defend a person's morals by claiming others are worse.  I am betting when you stand before your God, that argument will not fly


I am not a follower of Martin Luther, but of Jesus Christ.  I've studied about the life of Martin Luther, and admit that he created a reformation movement, but in the scheme of religion he was just a human.  And I'm sure you are aware of the passage that says, judge not lest you be judged....so how can you be sure about God's judgement?

 

Now that we have that deviation out of the way, I was just pointing out that there are some here who are ignoring that Trump's actions are nothing new when compared Clinton's.  There is no defending of anyone.

 

But I do believe I've struck a nerve among the liberals here.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
304
Views