Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

FAR RIGHT OR LIBERAL - NO MIDDLE GROUND

I was watching Meet The Press today where brilliant host Chuck Todd pointed something out that struck a nerve . He showed a graph regarding the House of Representatives . In 2002 there were 137 members with ideological overlap ( moderates ) but by 2013 , there were only 4 members who compromised and voted towards the middle !

 

Just like discussing issues on this AARP site , If you're not Far Right , than you're automatically called a liberal , no room for middle ground !!!

Honored Social Butterfly


@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 


Was McCain-Feingold not sold as getting money out of politics?

 

What has McCain-Feingold to do with birth control.

 

But, you're right - "lunacy is still lunacy".

 

And, speaking of the "fascist five" - any thoughts on "Commie" being an official "no-no" but "fascist" and "Nazi" being O.K.??


Anyone who name calls the Left with stuff like "neo Marxism" or 'Commie' has no room to complain about anything the Left may use to name call the Right.


A strange post.

 

First of all, you might have heard that "Commie" is a no-no but "Fascist" and "Nazi" are honky-dory. As a result, I can assure you that despite your imagined events, I have not called anyone a "commie".

 

But "neoMarxism". Is "neo" not a valid suffix? Is the thinking of Karl Marx not "Marxism"? Do some not see value in his thinking? So what is the "name calling" you are whining about?


Another typical post. Totally devoid of facts to defend the indefensible Republican position, so revert to trying to pretend you don't understand english.


Not devoid of facts. There is one suffix and one noun involved - which is giving you the most problem?? We are talking about "neoMarxist"?

 

Again - any new thoughts on your claim that "Commie" is not permitted (grounds for "banishment" according to you) but "Nazi" and "Fascist" are permitted???

0 Kudos
273 Views
11
Report
Retired Moderator

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Honored Social Butterfly

Those of us in the Democratic party continue to operate in the middle ground. We continue to invite the GOP to work with us to fix the problems in Obamacare.  If there is a better plan to be had by replacing it, we are on board with that. 

 

Unfortunately, the GOP has spent 7 years preaching "repeal" an now find themselves having to "replace" with no real expertise in the area. We offer our knowledge and our passion to make sure every American citizen has health care. 

 

Ball's in your court, GOP.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

Those of us in the Democratic party continue to operate in the middle ground. We continue to invite the GOP to work with us to fix the problems in Obamacare.  If there is a better plan to be had by replacing it, we are on board with that. 

Obamcare is (as stated by Obama) no more than a pathway to socialized medicine. So I would hardly consider "helping" on the part of Democrats to be "middle ground".

 

Unfortunately, the GOP has spent 7 years preaching "repeal" an now find themselves having to "replace" with no real expertise in the area. We offer our knowledge and our passion to make sure every American citizen has health care. 

You are right about the establishment Republicans. That is why we have President Trump.

 

Ball's in your court, GOP.


 

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Those of us in the Democratic party continue to operate in the middle ground. We continue to invite the GOP to work with us to fix the problems in Obamacare.  If there is a better plan to be had by replacing it, we are on board with that. 

Obamcare is (as stated by Obama) no more than a pathway to socialized medicine. So I would hardly consider "helping" on the part of Democrats to be "middle ground".

 

Unfortunately, the GOP has spent 7 years preaching "repeal" an now find themselves having to "replace" with no real expertise in the area. We offer our knowledge and our passion to make sure every American citizen has health care. 

You are right about the establishment Republicans. That is why we have President Trump.

 

Ball's in your court, GOP.


 


Obamacare is nothing like socialized medicine.  Which country are you looking at?  Obamacare requires health insurance like we do for auto insurance.  Obamacare requires minimum standards like we do for dental hygienists.  Obamacare uses private insurance rather than a single government payer.  Obamacare uses subsidies like the farm bills.  Where do you see the socialized part?

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Those of us in the Democratic party continue to operate in the middle ground. We continue to invite the GOP to work with us to fix the problems in Obamacare.  If there is a better plan to be had by replacing it, we are on board with that. 

Obamcare is (as stated by Obama) no more than a pathway to socialized medicine. So I would hardly consider "helping" on the part of Democrats to be "middle ground".

 

Unfortunately, the GOP has spent 7 years preaching "repeal" an now find themselves having to "replace" with no real expertise in the area. We offer our knowledge and our passion to make sure every American citizen has health care. 

You are right about the establishment Republicans. That is why we have President Trump.

 

Ball's in your court, GOP.


 


Obamacare is nothing like socialized medicine.  Which country are you looking at?  Obamacare requires health insurance like we do for auto insurance.  Obamacare requires minimum standards like we do for dental hygienists.  Obamacare uses private insurance rather than a single government payer.  Obamacare uses subsidies like the farm bills.  Where do you see the socialized part?

 

 


I used the word "pathway" for a good reason:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXgSKwYMnWo&t=33s

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE

0 Kudos
386 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Those of us in the Democratic party continue to operate in the middle ground. We continue to invite the GOP to work with us to fix the problems in Obamacare.  If there is a better plan to be had by replacing it, we are on board with that. 

Obamcare is (as stated by Obama) no more than a pathway to socialized medicine. So I would hardly consider "helping" on the part of Democrats to be "middle ground".

 

Unfortunately, the GOP has spent 7 years preaching "repeal" an now find themselves having to "replace" with no real expertise in the area. We offer our knowledge and our passion to make sure every American citizen has health care. 

You are right about the establishment Republicans. That is why we have President Trump.

 

Ball's in your court, GOP.


 


Obamacare is nothing like socialized medicine.  Which country are you looking at?  Obamacare requires health insurance like we do for auto insurance.  Obamacare requires minimum standards like we do for dental hygienists.  Obamacare uses private insurance rather than a single government payer.  Obamacare uses subsidies like the farm bills.  Where do you see the socialized part?

 

 


I used the word "pathway" for a good reason:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXgSKwYMnWo&t=33s

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE


Sorry, I won't watch YouTube videos here. Too much propaganda.

1. Could you summarize the position and the arguments made? 

2. Could you articulate your definition of "pathway".  I assumed you meant "leading to" and, as I pointed out, there is very little connection between the two. so I must have misunderstood your use of the word. 

0 Kudos
396 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 


I used the word "pathway" for a good reason:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXgSKwYMnWo&t=33s

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE


Sorry, I won't watch YouTube videos here. Too much propaganda.

1. Could you summarize the position and the arguments made? 

2. Could you articulate your definition of "pathway".  I assumed you meant "leading to" and, as I pointed out, there is very little connection between the two. so I must have misunderstood your use of the word. 


"Pathway" was in response to, "Obamacare is nothing like socialized medicine".

 

The video are Obama and Harry Reid discussing Obamacare only being a stepping stone.

 

Watch them when you get a chance. You don't want to depend on my interpretation.

0 Kudos
401 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

I Have A Real Problem With the Title of this Thread.......................Again with the Liberal Bias.........................

 

If it's about Extremists on the Right - The Term is FAR RIGHT

 

If it's about Extremists on the Left - The Term is much more Vanilla - Liberal

 

Huh - the Problem is not with Liberals - the Problem is with Left-wing Extremists who's DNA will not allow them to - view - any issue unless it's first - Filtered Through a Far LEFT Prism.........................

 

No One on Either Extreme puts any Value or Consideration on the United States

 

No One on Either Extreme puts any Value or Consideration on what's best for the Greater Good of the Citizens of the United States

 

It's Absurd to attempt to further the MEME that Conservatism has No Value and that Republicans have not made Significant Contributions in helping to create the Greatest Country on Earth and in less than 300 years..................................

 

Grow Up - Mature - Use all of your Brain not just the Left Side or Right Sides 

 

 

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly


@mickstuder wrote:

I Have A Real Problem With the Title of this Thread.......................Again with the Liberal Bias.........................

 

If it's about Extremists on the Right - The Term is FAR RIGHT

 

If it's about Extremists on the Left - The Term is much more Vanilla - Liberal

 

Huh - the Problem is not with Liberals - the Problem is with Left-wing Extremists who's DNA will not allow them to - view - any issue unless it's first - Filtered Through a Far LEFT Prism.........................

 

No One on Either Extreme puts any Value or Consideration on the United States

 

No One on Either Extreme puts any Value or Consideration on what's best for the Greater Good of the Citizens of the United States

 

It's Absurd to attempt to further the MEME that Conservatism has No Value and that Republicans have not made Significant Contributions in helping to create the Greatest Country on Earth and in less than 300 years..................................

 

Grow Up - Mature - Use all of your Brain not just the Left Side or Right Sides 

 

 

 

 

 

 Well said, mick.


 

0 Kudos
396 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

Those of us in the Democratic party continue to operate in the middle ground. We continue to invite the GOP to work with us to fix the problems in Obamacare.  If there is a better plan to be had by replacing it, we are on board with that. 

 

Unfortunately, the GOP has spent 7 years preaching "repeal" an now find themselves having to "replace" with no real expertise in the area. We offer our knowledge and our passion to make sure every American citizen has health care. 

 

Ball's in your court, GOP.


Been in their court for decades - remember The Hassert Rule - nothing passes unless it can do so with a MAJORITY of Republican votes? The Democrats tried to get GOPer support for PPACA, which is after all a Republican idea, but even after they made changes REpublcians wanted, not a single GOPer voted for the bill.

So now when THEY can show the World what wonderful improvements THEY will make...NOTHING! All show, no go.

 

PERHAPS there's a chance with McCain and a few rational GOPers in the Senate to craft an improvement for PPACA, like ending the freeloaders GOPers insisted we have, but it was nothing but a "posion pill" they were SURE would doom the whole affordable Care Act, so no GOPers voted for it and the gaggle of teabaggers in the House will keep anything from getting better for the 99% no matter what the bi-partisans in the Senate come up with.

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:



 


 We are talking about "neoMarxist"?

 

 


You're off topic - we are not talking about the bleep-bleeping crackpot nonsense that rk9152 seems to be incessantly posting about - even though it has never had any existence here in the real world...

 

We are talking about the defined topic here - that the only positions are far right  or liberal  and that there is no middle ground.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84

Is it possible that the extremism of ideology started on the left? Was Clinton's impeachment in the 90's for his improprieties, the seed? If the "change" happened in 2002 was it Bush's fault? Were the lines drawn because of him ? or against him? Is this attitude of extremism more of a "vendetta" then political opposition? Was the presidential loss of Al Gore the loss that created the "great divide"? and did Obama reinforced that by telling republicans to get to the back of the bus? Was voting for Trump the "backlash" of middle America? and the middle class?

Throughout history conservatives of both parties have been the rock of our nation. Traditional Judeo/Christian values are the bedrock of this nation. The respect of life in the womb, the right to speak freely, bear arms, seeking opportunity where none existed, .... this is the strength of conservatism.

I am a registered democrat, but I vote independently, but I'm called a right wing nut job. This is how I'm referred to on AARP, or is it because I just happen to have my own thoughts? and I openly express them through the prism of Christianity? and my freedom of thought offends the liberals?

Consider that.




Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
312 Views
12
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Good racial tones fish , with your "  Obama telling republicans to get to the back of the bus " , it tells us alot about one's Christian values  !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84

 

If I quote Obama who said ''republicans get to the back of the bus"  in an attempt to illustrate the divide in politics .... your saying "my" racial tone is unChristian? Are you kidding? Really? So using that logic... the news media who quoted Obama too, are equally unChristian? with a questionable racial tone? That's absurd. 

 

I find the quote by our former president divisional and unChristian and isn't that part of what divides us? by turning it around accusing me of racial unChristian tones, when I quoted the president? That sir... is what is refered to as spin. 

 

Classic


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
532 Views
9
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@mandm84

 

If I quote Obama who said ''republicans get to the back of the bus"  in an attempt to illustrate the divide in politics .... your saying "my" racial tone is unChristian? Are you kidding? Really? So using that logic... the news media who quoted Obama too, are equally unChristian? with a questionable racial tone? That's absurd. 

 

I find the quote by our former president divisional and unChristian and isn't that part of what divides us? by turning it around accusing me of racial unChristian tones, when I quoted the president? That sir... is what is refered to as spin. 

 

Classic


Just because I LOVE pointing out the "alternative facts" presented by our conservative posters....Obama never said those words.

 

I have determined that English is the second language for many of our conservative posters as they lack an understanding of the word "Quote" (to exactly repeat the words of another ) .

 

It would be fascinating to know what Obama could have said or did  which was "un Christian".  Looks like the makings of a great "Fake News" story all over again..

Honored Social Butterfly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HN1kZtRIw


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
664 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HN1kZtRIw


Ah, NOW I understand how you got that quote. I was suspicious because of the fast cutting so I looked up the entire quote and BINGO!!!  it as a Fake News story the conservatives were pushing way back when. They are attempting to make it look like he was talking about the back of the bus, because they love that racial stuff, but that was just the alternative fact of the day.  The complete QUOTE is below.  I hope I did not make you feel silly over this. It was not my intent. 

 

Finally we got this car up on level ground. And, yes, it's a little beat up. It needs to go to the body shop. It's got some dents; it needs a tune-up. But it's pointing in the right direction. And now we've got the Republicans tapping us on the shoulder, saying, we want the keys back.

You can't have the keys back. You don't know how to drive. You can ride with us if you want, but you got to sit in the backseat. We're going to put middle-class America in the front seat. We're looking out for them.

Honored Social Butterfly

Eatin' a little crow.... after seeing it all in context. Looks like Obama said "republicans can come along for the ride, but they have to sit in the back".

No mention of a "bus".... that was added by various groups who were "offended". I see no issue with what he said.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey fishslayer , Did you say something about Trump's " Moral Compass " ?

0 Kudos
421 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HN1kZtRIw


Ah, NOW I understand how you got that quote. I was suspicious because of the fast cutting so I looked up the entire quote and BINGO!!!  it as a Fake News story the conservatives were pushing way back when. They are attempting to make it look like he was talking about the back of the bus, because they love that racial stuff, but that was just the alternative fact of the day.  The complete QUOTE is below.  I hope I did not make you feel silly over this. It was not my intent. 

 

Finally we got this car up on level ground. And, yes, it's a little beat up. It needs to go to the body shop. It's got some dents; it needs a tune-up. But it's pointing in the right direction. And now we've got the Republicans tapping us on the shoulder, saying, we want the keys back.

You can't have the keys back. You don't know how to drive. You can ride with us if you want, but you got to sit in the backseat. We're going to put middle-class America in the front seat. We're looking out for them.


@Richva - Yes, that was a memorable speech to those of us who heard it in it's entirety.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
0 Kudos
405 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25HN1kZtRIw


Ah, NOW I understand how you got that quote. I was suspicious because of the fast cutting so I looked up the entire quote and BINGO!!!  it as a Fake News story the conservatives were pushing way back when. They are attempting to make it look like he was talking about the back of the bus, because they love that racial stuff, but that was just the alternative fact of the day.  The complete QUOTE is below.  I hope I did not make you feel silly over this. It was not my intent. 

 

Finally we got this car up on level ground. And, yes, it's a little beat up. It needs to go to the body shop. It's got some dents; it needs a tune-up. But it's pointing in the right direction. And now we've got the Republicans tapping us on the shoulder, saying, we want the keys back.

You can't have the keys back. You don't know how to drive. You can ride with us if you want, but you got to sit in the backseat. We're going to put middle-class America in the front seat. We're looking out for them.


Ah yes - selective editing and selective quoting.

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@mandm84

 

If I quote Obama who said ''republicans get to the back of the bus"  in an attempt to illustrate the divide in politics .... your saying "my" racial tone is unChristian? Are you kidding? Really? So using that logic... the news media who quoted Obama too, are equally unChristian? with a questionable racial tone? That's absurd. 

 

I find the quote by our former president divisional and unChristian and isn't that part of what divides us? by turning it around accusing me of racial unChristian tones, when I quoted the president? That sir... is what is refered to as spin. 

 

Classic


In this nation, in which separation of church and state is a Constitutional Mandate - an American tradition - the origin of which goes back 373 years - to 1644 - coming from the Christian Minister Roger Williams - the man who was the founder of the nation's first Baptist congregation - and the source of the government mandate of separation of church and state - I view the insistence upon injecting any of a number of religious beliefs into this constitutionally defined as secular government  - to be a decidedly unpatriotic act.

 

Nowhere in the Constitution is adherence to any religious belief system defined as being any kind of act of patriotism - nor is it anywhere cited in the Constitution as an aspect of properly Constitutional Citizenship.

 

Yes - Xtian prejudicial bigotry is one of the noticeably less than admirable things currently dividing the nation...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Here on AARP a registered democrat, who votes independently, who supports his country the constitution and it's laws, who wishes for increased opportunity and accountability, who's from the heartland is called what?

Here let me help.... a right wing nut job.

If you see it this way and that's your opinion then you let me help you see , this is what most of middle America is, and why middle America voted for Trump. This is the middle ground. This is what being a centrist looks like. Hard to believe isn't it.

Like it or not, the demographics and cultural diversity of the middle, looks nothing like what the liberal left projects. We do not conform to any ideology and are independent thinkers. Party designation means nothing. We are mostly Christian and value the teachings of our faith. We will always place God and country in that order.

We mostly vote republican now-a-days for good reason, and it isn't party politics. I know it's hard for the liberal left to comprehend that, and what the "middle" actually is, because it's everything you're opposed to. I get it. We're deplorable.

So what are the politics of the middle? does the liberal left even know? I don't think they do, 'cause if they did ... then Hillary wouldn't have been the democratic presidential candidate.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
519 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer666 wrote:
@mandm84

Is it possible that the extremism of ideology started on the left? Was Clinton's impeachment in the 90's for his improprieties, the seed? If the "change" happened in 2002 was it Bush's fault? Were the lines drawn because of him ? or against him? Is this attitude of extremism more of a "vendetta" then political opposition? Was the presidential loss of Al Gore the loss that created the "great divide"? and did Obama reinforced that by telling republicans to get to the back of the bus? Was voting for Trump the "backlash" of middle America? and the middle class?

Throughout history conservatives of both parties have been the rock of our nation. Traditional Judeo/Christian values are the bedrock of this nation. The respect of life in the womb, the right to speak freely, bear arms, seeking opportunity where none existed, .... this is the strength of conservatism.

I am a registered democrat, but I vote independently, but I'm called a right wing nut job. This is how I'm referred to on AARP, or is it because I just happen to have my own thoughts? and I openly express them through the prism of Christianity? and my freedom of thought offends the liberals?

Consider that.


Well,  you are probably correct that many may call you a right wing nut job. and whether you are a Democrat, Republican or an Independent is really not the issue here.
I happen to be a Republican and I happen to be pro choice. and I also vote with my brains instead of my party.
We both have a very different view in how a country should be governed You are naming the Judeo Christian values, and I believe that Religion should be left at church on Sundays or Fridays. whichever you prefer.
I don't approve of any religion interfering with government, and I consider religion and government extremely bad bedfellows.
I am also a Catholic. but I don't bring my religious views into governement. and will not accept the interference of any religion in governement.
So as you can see, there are Liberals and Conservatives and then there are Liberals and Conservatives. 

 

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Gerrymandering. 

Honored Social Butterfly

   Weirdly, because no one has bothered to define any of the positions, then they actually appear to want to continue with the divide or increase it.    Are those people WASP - are they pushing for excluive) White Nationalism?    Do they agree that anyone who is considered low income unworthy individuals and that helping them or any member of their family to succeed should not happen?

    As the number of individuals who are dying as a result of mine accidents this year something that should be a concern, or is this good news as it makes room for other people to obtain a job?

 

    Sometimes people need ot reflect on what a reporter / commentator is doing and ask:  is that valuable information or is it misleading.    

 

     Some of Todd's statements are purposedly provocative:    I recently saw him talk to a "panel" that were discussing the approach of current Admin.    A person on the panel presented a POV to which Todd  intervened to say something to the effect:   But that also happened under a Dem Admin....not that I am comparing the action between that and current Admin - which is exactly what he just did.    And then went to an ad - so there was not follow-up.  

 

     When people talk without any definition - we should all be smart enough to know you are being played.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   Weirdly, because no one has bothered to define any of the positions, then they actually appear to want to continue with the divide or increase it.    Are those people WASP - are they pushing for excluive) White Nationalism?    Do they agree that anyone who is considered low income unworthy individuals and that helping them or any member of their family to succeed should not happen?

And part of the divide is people thinking the above about others.

    As the number of individuals who are dying as a result of mine accidents this year something that should be a concern, or is this good news as it makes room for other people to obtain a job?

More harsh thinking about other people.

 

    Sometimes people need ot reflect on what a reporter / commentator is doing and ask:  is that valuable information or is it misleading.    

 

     Some of Todd's statements are purposedly provocative:    I recently saw him talk to a "panel" that were discussing the approach of current Admin.    A person on the panel presented a POV to which Todd  intervened to say something to the effect:   But that also happened under a Dem Admin....not that I am comparing the action between that and current Admin - which is exactly what he just did.    And then went to an ad - so there was not follow-up.  

 

     When people talk without any definition - we should all be smart enough to know you are being played.   


 

0 Kudos
325 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   Weirdly, because no one has bothered to define any of the positions, then they actually appear to want to continue with the divide or increase it.    Are those people WASP - are they pushing for excluive) White Nationalism?    Do they agree that anyone who is considered low income unworthy individuals and that helping them or any member of their family to succeed should not happen?

    As the number of individuals who are dying as a result of mine accidents this year something that should be a concern, or is this good news as it makes room for other people to obtain a job?

 

    Sometimes people need ot reflect on what a reporter / commentator is doing and ask:  is that valuable information or is it misleading.    

 

     Some of Todd's statements are purposedly provocative:    I recently saw him talk to a "panel" that were discussing the approach of current Admin.    A person on the panel presented a POV to which Todd  intervened to say something to the effect:   But that also happened under a Dem Admin....not that I am comparing the action between that and current Admin - which is exactly what he just did.    And then went to an ad - so there was not follow-up.  

 

     When people talk without any definition - we should all be smart enough to know you are being played.   


    DARN, we almost had an example of people who appear to debate from both sides of the "political divide"   agreed on AFGAN...and then, possibly because there are no current new issues, that people reverted to sillyness...because they can.    sigh.     READ A BOOK!  🙂

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@mandm84 wrote:

 

Just like discussing issues on this AARP site , If you're not Far Right , than you're automatically called a liberal , no room for middle ground !!!


Actually overall it is the opposite.  Either one is a liberal, or they are conservative, no middle ground.  And liberalism runs extreme here.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png