Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACTS VS OPINIONS

Message 1 of 34

This is really a silly thread. First of all the questions are based on what someone thinks are facts or opinions. Pew is not correct all the time and they are not on this. There is a question that SS and Medicare spending are the largest part of the US budget. These 2 items are in a trust fund and work a totally different way from other items which come from taxes. The only reason they are in the budget is that is the only vehicle there is to list them. They really should not be in the budget.  With that in mind do not waste to much time on the nonsense.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 34

Opinions can most definitely be wrong.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 34

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

The JOKES on you, CS....as always.

Perhaps you should devote your time to finding and using some FACTS instead of all the meaningless nonsense.

Thank you for the advice "@CS402050".  Fact is......their are differences between facts and opinions, some "get it"!

I'm really curious, what in the world would motivate you to spend the time to look back thru threads for months until you found one by my brother and then go thru that thread until you found something you could take out of context and then post a response that makes little sense.  Let me take a guess.  The only reason I can think of why YOU would do that is because I posted that he stopped coming to this site due to the lack of intelligent discussion so you thought it would be safe to make a meaningless, off-topic, false comment without him correcting you.  Is that it?

I thought you were @CS402050.  You must be so proud.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 34

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

I'm really curious, what in the world would motivate you to spend the time to look back thru threads for months until you found one by my brother and then go thru that thread until you found something you could take out of context and then post a response that makes little sense.  Let me take a guess.  The only reason I can think of why YOU would do that is because I posted that he stopped coming to this site due to the lack of intelligent discussion so you thought it would be safe to make a meaningless, off-topic, false comment without him correcting you.  Is that it? LMAO!!! Which part of, "Fact is......their are differences between facts and opinions, some "get it"!" Do you find "false"?  Please do tell.  IMO, one just revealed he just responds without actually reading what he's responding to.   What would he "correct"?  Would he claim opinions and facts are the same thing???  Oh yeah, that's "it" alright.

and then post an OPINION and argue it is a fact. Really?  Prove my statement is wrong.  

I see you left out part of what I said so you could take things out of context AGAIN.  But I'll take two of them and see what you can do.

1.  In regard to my question, it is above.  You responded that you answered it.  YOU DID NOT.  Care to actually provide an answer?  The ONLY question you asked in the post was, "Is that it?".  That question was answered.

Taken out of context AS USUAL and just plain WRONG.  Or perhaps you just don't understand the English language.  Below is my question that YOU DID NOT ANSWER.  In everyday COMMON ENGLISH, the "that' in "Is that it?" refers to the sentence that preceeds it.  But WE ALL suspect you know that and prefer to make the usual ERRONEOUS snide remark because that's all you ever have to say.

The only reason I can think of why YOU would do that is because I posted that he stopped coming to this site due to the lack of intelligent discussion so you thought it would be safe to make a meaningless, off-topic, false comment without him correcting you.  Is that it?

2.  In regard to "prove my statement wrong" EVEN YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND that opinions are not right or wrong; they are opinions. Yet you claimed, "meaningless, off-topic, false comment without him correcting you." YOU claimed it was a "false comment", yet YOU can't prove it is false. 

once again WRONG.  Here is EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID

and then post an OPINION and argue it is a fact. Really?  Prove my statement is wrong.  

AGAIN, the problem is arguing that your opinion is fact,  IT IS NOT

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 34

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

I'm really curious, what in the world would motivate you to spend the time to look back thru threads for months until you found one by my brother and then go thru that thread until you found something you could take out of context and then post a response that makes little sense.  Let me take a guess.  The only reason I can think of why YOU would do that is because I posted that he stopped coming to this site due to the lack of intelligent discussion so you thought it would be safe to make a meaningless, off-topic, false comment without him correcting you.  Is that it? LMAO!!! Which part of, "Fact is......their are differences between facts and opinions, some "get it"!" Do you find "false"?  Please do tell.  IMO, one just revealed he just responds without actually reading what he's responding to.   What would he "correct"?  Would he claim opinions and facts are the same thing???  Oh yeah, that's "it" alright.

I see you left out part of what I said so you could take things out of context AGAIN.  But I'll take two of them and see what you can do.

1.  In regard to my question, it is above.  You responded that you answered it.  YOU DID NOT.  Care to actually provide an answer?  The ONLY question you asked in the post was, "Is that it?".  That question was answered.

2.  In regard to "prove my statement wrong" EVEN YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND that opinions are not right or wrong; they are opinions. Yet you claimed, "meaningless, off-topic, false comment without him correcting you." YOU claimed it was a "false comment", yet YOU can't prove it is false.  What was wrong is your arguing that your OPINION was a fact. Your quiz indicates it was fact.  But thanks. It would benefit us all if you would keep that in mind since you always seem to post opinions as facts. Only to those who don't lnow the difference bewteen the two.  But thanks again for your concern for others and your quiz.

You go on now and argue with yourself some more.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 34

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

1.  In regard to my question, it is above.  You responded that you answered it.  YOU DID NOT.  Care to actually provide an answer?

2.  In regard to "prove my statement wrong" EVEN YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND that opinions are not right or wrong; they are opinions.  What was wrong is your arguing that your OPINION was a fact.  It would benefit us all if you would keep that in mind since you always seem to post opinions as facts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 34

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Perhaps you should devote your time to finding and using some FACTS instead of all the meaningless nonsense.

Thank you for the advice "@CS402050".  Fact is......their are differences between facts and opinions, some "get it"!

I'm really curious, what in the world would motivate you to spend the time to look back thru threads for months until you found one by my brother and then go thru that thread until you found something you could take out of context and then post a response that makes little sense.  Let me take a guess.  The only reason I can think of why YOU would do that is because I posted that he stopped coming to this site due to the lack of intelligent discussion so you thought it would be safe to make a meaningless, off-topic, false comment LMAO!!! Which part of, "Fact is......their are differences between facts and opinions, some "get it"!" Do you find "false"?  Please do tell.  IMO, one just revealed he just responds without actually reading what he's responding to.   without him correcting you. What would he "correct"?  Would he claim opinions and facts are the same thing???  Is that it?  Oh yeah, that's "it" alright.

And btw....considering you're incorrect suggesting it took much time at all, maybe you should consider not "guessing".  Ta-ta.....

And more of the USUAL nonsense.  You NEVER post FACTS.  LOL!

At best, when it isn't just plain WRONG you post an opinion as a fact. I appreciate your opinion.....

So after my pointing out ALL your errors, you go back thru months of threads to find one that was actually a self-test to see for yourself if you could determine the difference between facts and opinion ....which took 30 seconds......but thank you for your concern.

and then post an OPINION and argue it is a fact. Really?  Prove my statement is wrong.   I'm still curious why anybody would do something so irrational.  Who cares?

By the way, in regard to my guess, it is neither a fact or an opinion. Yes it is....it's your guess, which is your opinion.   It was a question that you never answered.  FACT, it wasn't a question.  FACT, you asked one question and it was answered.  But thanks agin, GraysonL.

Instead you just talked around it PROVING you can't even recognize a question let alone the difference between facts and opinions.  Once again, an opinion.  I do note I was one that received a perfect score on your "test" which would indicate that I, like several others who aren't on the far right, clearly know the difference between facts and opinions, but I DO appreciate your concern.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 34

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I'm really curious, what in the world would motivate you to spend the time to look back thru threads for months until you found one by my brother and then go thru that thread until you found something you could take out of context and then post a response that makes little sense.  Let me take a guess.  The only reason I can think of why YOU would do that is because I posted that he stopped coming to this site due to the lack of intelligent discussion so you thought it would be safe to make a meaningless, off-topic, false comment LMAO!!! Which part of, "Fact is......their are differences between facts and opinions, some "get it"!" Do you find "false"?  Please do tell.  IMO, one just revealed he just responds without actually reading what he's responding to.   without him correcting you. What would he "correct"?  Would he claim opinions and facts are the same thing???  Is that it?  Oh yeah, that's "it" alright.

And btw....considering you're incorrect suggesting it took much time at all, maybe you should consider not "guessing".  Ta-ta.....

And more of the USUAL nonsense.  You NEVER post FACTS.  At best, when it isn't just plain WRONG you post an opinion as a fact.  So after my pointing out ALL your errors, you go back thru months of threads to find one that was actually a self-test to see for yourself if you could determine the difference between facts and opinion and then post an OPINION and argue it is a fact.  I'm still curious why anybody would do something so irrational.

By the way, in regard to my guess, it is neither a fact or an opinion.  It was a question that you never answered.  Instead you just talked around it PROVING you can't even recognize a question let alone the difference between facts and opinions.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 34

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CS402050 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 34

If they blindly believed everything Fox said, their scores would have gone down because they would have been wrong on questions that were not factual.  Their scores going up, compared to their scores on questions from other media, means they were more careful in their evaluation of statements from Fox. <<<<

In a nutshell, you just said Fox News puts out fables.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors