Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 11 of 67

@john258

A very fine point. Another case of following the shiny object, and trump supporters engaging in their circular discussions meant to frustrate and divert attentions. 

It should be about?...how trump is a traitorist criminal and should be tried to the very fullest in a court of law?...for starters. 

Thanks for the reminder. 

Never Forget

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 12 of 67

Why in the world would this be a big story that we have such a discussion on it. @john258........yes, why in the world? Why there could be topics about the height of one of the poster's wives, snow in which states, the cult, the swamp, who did who and a host of great topics. The nerve of someone infringing on this high caliber community!!! The shame you must feel. We should hit the poster with a wet noodle. Geez, why do I think that would be so easy to find?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 67

Why in the world would this be a big story that we have such a discussion on it. We even have the so called regs quoted as if that means anything. The regs are made to be interpreted locally and that is how you get school crossing guards paid for by Medicaid. If some states had their way the food stamp program would be ended or never started. Does Ga., Miss, Al have a program. It has helped people all know that. Oh I forgot Trump is still in the news in a bad way and the far right leaders try and keep all busy on the silly stuff by telling their followers to flood the Internet with the silly stuff.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 67

@rker321

here are some links for you.

CBPP; 10/2018 - Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibilty and Benefitd

States also can set their own rules about certain eligibility requirements so you will have to see each state for those special conditions.  But here is a good reference for certain state differences by groups of states on work requirements.

NCSL - SNAP Work Requirements Fact Sheet

As you know when we were in the grips of the Great Recession, states loosened their requirements.  Then when the economy started moving again, most states have returned to their standard eligibility requirements - but some state haven't and some states (and the Feds in the new farm bill) want to attach (extended) work requirements.

Some want work requirements (or community service or school) for more than just Abled bodied adults with no children.  They want the parent or parents with children over 6-years old to also have this qualification - the age is set like this because they figure a child would normally be in school at this age - leaving a good part of the day for the parent or parents to have a job or do community service or go to school.  Preparing for the GED is considered school and I think that is beneficial for them.

It is all about redefining the WHO based on eligibility standards for those who aren't elderly, don't have a disability or take care of someone who does, is an adult.  However, here again, you have to reference each state to see how they define this group precisely cause states are different.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

42.6 million on SNAP per Newsweek.

37 million people in Canada per wikipedia.

You were saying??

Rk  your numbers are correct I personally have research all of this, Surprising to me that Canada has less people than California. that was really something that I didn't expect.

Another thing and no arguments please.
How come we have so many people on Food Stamps when we have such low unemployment?

Please don't even speak about demographics, that will start a useless discussion.

Like I have stated. no undocs receive Food Stamps, and immigrants need to be here for at least 5 years to collect benefits. so who is getting Food Stamps and what is the reason.?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 67

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Too funny.....

Two years of trump and 8 years of GOP control of the House and Senate and people STILL need food stamps to survive.  Way to go, Repubs!!!!

Many more have jobs; unemployment is down. I'd say your last comment is right.

And there is the required giggle - right on top.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 67

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

http://checkyourfact.com/2018/12/09/fact-check-food-stamps-canada/

Oh my goodness.

Now we are purposely "hiding" the source of material.

It seems that the source noted above is really THE DAILY CALLER.

You know..... the media outlet operated by TUCKER CARLSON.

You know.....The media outlet funded by FOSTER FRIESS, the man that said that women should practice birth control by clamping an aspirin between their knees.

You know.....The media outlet that published a HOW-TO video of how to kill a liberal protester with your car..... of course, until it actually happened.

You know.....The media outlet that published article after article written by Jason Kessler, THE WHITE SUPREMACIST, who organized the deadly Charlottesville rally.

It is a shame that one now must cloak their REAL SOURCE in mystery.

What does that tell you about the content???????

42.6 million on SNAP per Newsweek.

37 million people in Canada per wikipedia.

You were saying??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 67

@rker321 wrote:

Guess what Jim  you are correct.  the population of Canada is only 37million people and the US provides Food Stamps to over 40 million people,

Again, it doesn't make sense due to the fact that we have such low unemployment. so what is wrong?

Try to provide an answer without being partisan.

Undocs, do not get Food Stamps, and Immigrants that are not here at least 5 years do not get benefits,  Also, the white population is overwhelming receiving Food Stamps over  blacks and Hispanics. 

So what is going on?

Consider racial demographics?

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 67

Guess what Jim  you are correct.  the population of Canada is only 37million people and the US provides Food Stamps to over 40 million people,

Again, it doesn't make sense due to the fact that we have such low unemployment. so what is wrong?

Try to provide an answer without being partisan.

Undocs, do not get Food Stamps, and Immigrants that are not here at least 5 years do not get benefits,  Also, the white population is overwhelming receiving Food Stamps over  blacks and Hispanics. 

So what is going on?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 67

@rker321 wrote:

Jim  you are copying my posts.  lOL.. You are the ones that has an immense sense of humor.  and yes you have not answered  my post. I am really curious as to the millions of Americans that are receiving Food Stamps and who they happen to be.

Google is your friend and it's amazing...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views