Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 1 of 67

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Soosie posted..

Food stamps become a way of life for many in the US and the way of life is passed to the next generation. I have seen this so many times. No incentive for some to ever move beyond this because it is made easy for them.

================================================================

It comes down dependency...the more people that are dependent on "big brother' means more votes for the Democrats. The Republicans are the party of business and its private sector jobs that get people off the dependency train that the Democrats depend on for votes.

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Soosie posted..

Food stamps become a way of life for many in the US and the way of life is passed to the next generation. I have seen this so many times. No incentive for some to ever move beyond this because it is made easy for them.

================================================================

It comes down dependency...the more people that are dependent on "big brother' means more votes for the Democrats. The Republicans are the party of business and its private sector jobs that get people off the dependency train that the Democrats depend on for votes.

The private sector has to provide jobs paying a living wage so the poor in our Nation can get off Food Stamps. Until that day comes let's not begrudge those in need of a meal to eat. I know that some take advantage but a hungry child doesn't understand political end fighting, they just know they are hungry. It is a shame when some would rather give the 1% a fat tax break than feed the hungry among us. Where did the Christmas spirit go?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 2 of 67

My question is how many Walmart employees are on food stamps. THAT would tell us something. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 67

@afisher wrote:

SHHH, the Congress just passed a farm bill - the GOP cuts to TANF were eliminated aka (Work requirements)...shhhhh.    We must not burst anyone's bubble and introduce them to reality.   

Is  there a reason as to why the GOP  wants people on Food Stamps?  please advise.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 67

SHHH, the Congress just passed a farm bill - the GOP cuts to TANF were eliminated aka (Work requirements)...shhhhh.    We must not burst anyone's bubble and introduce them to reality.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 67

@Tom5678 wrote:
yet we can afford to give the GOP and the super wealthy HUGE UNPAID for tax cuts 

Oh come on, tax payers got tax cuts. Surely there are taxpaying Dems 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 67

I was the one that requested a decent and  non partisan discussion regarding this thread.  I found it very interesting that so many Americans were on Food Stamps when the unemployment  was so low.

I read many of the explanations and realize that many States have not bother to pull back on their Food Stamps requirements.

Shame on them. they are wasting tax payers money and in reality not helping anyon e at all.

Yes, whether you are a Republican or a Democrat. anything that affect the good functioning of any government is our business and we should all know about it. and discuss it  without the amount of partisanship that pervades in this message board many times.

Thank you all for your answers they were informative.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 67

@Richva wrote:

And there are fewer Americans on food stamps than there are Irish with shillelaghs. 

As long as we are comparing things which do not make any sense. 

Sure and begorrah, could ye find the statistics on that? I'll have me a pint o' Guinness and check back.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 67

@john258 wrote:

Why in the world would this be a big story that we have such a discussion on it. We even have the so called regs quoted as if that means anything. The regs are made to be interpreted locally and that is how you get school crossing guards paid for by Medicaid. If some states had their way the food stamp program would be ended or never started. Does Ga., Miss, Al have a program. It has helped people all know that. Oh I forgot Trump is still in the news in a bad way and the far right leaders try and keep all busy on the silly stuff by telling their followers to flood the Internet with the silly stuff.

Anyone thinking that it is not worth having a discussion on this (or any) topic has access to the scroll function.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 67

And there are fewer Americans on food stamps than there are Irish with shillelaghs. 

As long as we are comparing things which do not make any sense. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 67

@Soosie wrote:

Why in the world would this be a big story that we have such a discussion on it. @john258........yes, why in the world? Why there could be topics about the height of one of the poster's wives, snow in which states, the cult, the swamp, who did who and a host of great topics. The nerve of someone infringing on this high caliber community!!! The shame you must feel. We should hit the poster with a wet noodle. Geez, why do I think that would be so easy to find?

Read the answer I got. It makes no sense and sounds like something written to take up space and a desperate effort by the far right enablers to keep the nonsense going.  Once again the far right enablers prove what the experts have said about them. One item was they have trouble thinking for themselves.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22