Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 41 of 67

I guess I need to go to Trader Joe's to get you folks some cheese to go along with all of the "Whine" here.

The fact is, there are more people on SNAP than there are Canadians...  

Thank you President Obama.  

But, let not your hearts be troubled, help is on the way; Thank You President Trump. #MAGA

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 42 of 67

Truth is that the vast majority of people receiving food stamps are working for low wages, retired and on Social Security, disabled and unable to work., or are receiving them because of children.

Verdict Is In: Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success

Food stamp access during childhood is linked to a 5 percentage point reduction in heart disease and an 18 percentage point increase in high school completion rates, compared to those who lacked access.

Long-term evidence starting in the 1960s now shows that government support in childhood reduces the need for welfare in adulthood.

Last year, more than 40 million low-income working families, people with disabilities and poor seniors received assistance, averaging about $125 a month. Roughly 70 percent of the participants live in families with children.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-12-04/verdict-is-in-food-stamps-put-poor-kids-on-pat...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 67

@CriticalThinking wrote:

KidBoy2 wrote, "The Republicans are the party of business and its private sector jobs that get people off the dependency train that the Democrats depend on for votes."

I'm LOL! He can't be serious. One can't expect a Trump supporter to use facts. For the rest of us, please check the states with the most dependent voters on welfare and almost all of them are Republican states.

The 10 states receiving the most in federal aid as a percentage of their general revenue, in order:

1. Mississippi,  42.9% federal aid as percentage of general revenue
  2. Louisiana,  41.9%
  3. Tennessee, 39.5%
  4. South Dakota, 39.0%
  5. Missouri,  38.2%
  6. Montana, 37.4%
  7. Georgia, 37.3%
  8. New Mexico, 36.6%
  9. Alabama, 36.1%
  10. Maine, 35.3%

Gee, CeeTee.  I see that 8 of the top 9 states are RED states.....should we be surprised????  I'd suggest Conservatives should fix their messes at home before they pollute the rest of the country.  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 67

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Soosie posted..

Food stamps become a way of life for many in the US and the way of life is passed to the next generation. I have seen this so many times. No incentive for some to ever move beyond this because it is made easy for them.

================================================================

It comes down dependency...the more people that are dependent on "big brother' means more votes for the Democrats. Why did the 2018 election go totally against yours and Limblah's and Hannity's and Foxes theory????  According to NOTS graph, food stamp recipients decreased significantly, yet Dems blew Repubs out of the water.....
The Republicans are the party of business and its private sector jobs that get people off the dependency train that the Democrats depend on for votes.  LMAO!!!!  Yet Dem vote totals blew away Repubs.....so how do you explain that with facts?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 67

afisher: 

Not sure how they come up with magic math as in 2017,  42 M recipients and that was 13% of population.    68% of the recipients were children.    Is Jordan wanting to eliminate child labor laws?

I don't think it would bother Jordan or any of his ilk at all to cut kids off food stamps. After all, it didn't bother him enough to say anything when he was a wrestling coach and knew kids were being abused.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 67

nctarheel: 

Oh my goodness.

Now we are purposely "hiding" the source of material.

It seems that the source noted above is really THE DAILY CALLER.

I think it's called embarrassment.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 47 of 67

KidBoy2 wrote, "The Republicans are the party of business and its private sector jobs that get people off the dependency train that the Democrats depend on for votes."

I'm LOL! He can't be serious. One can't expect a Trump supporter to use facts. For the rest of us, please check the states with the most dependent voters on welfare and almost all of them are Republican states.

The 10 states receiving the most in federal aid as a percentage of their general revenue, in order:

1. Mississippi,  42.9% federal aid as percentage of general revenue
  2. Louisiana,  41.9%
  3. Tennessee, 39.5%
  4. South Dakota, 39.0%
  5. Missouri,  38.2%
  6. Montana, 37.4%
  7. Georgia, 37.3%
  8. New Mexico, 36.6%
  9. Alabama, 36.1%
  10. Maine, 35.3%
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 67
Soosie posted..

Food stamps become a way of life for many in the US and the way of life is passed to the next generation. I have seen this so many times. No incentive for some to ever move beyond this because it is made easy for them.

================================================================

It comes down dependency...the more people that are dependent on "big brother' means more votes for the Democrats. The Republicans are the party of business and its private sector jobs that get people off the dependency train that the Democrats depend on for votes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 67
So we want parents to leave 6-year-olds home alone? I know I don't. Does that make me a person who believes in free handouts? That's certainly the lie about the lieft that I see here over and over, and which I suspect is the point of this post. @H2Oh...............I have worked for a company that had an on site learning center. It relieved some problems like child care. It did age out eventually because the children grow up and if the employee remains with the company, child care is not needed. I have also worked with a company that offered educational training. The employee gave one hour of time and the company paid for the other hour since two hours were required. A few people earned their GED, some however; opted out of the program. I have seen a lot tried. I still believe that the old fashioned "want to better one's self" is the best way to get beyond a tough situation in life. This has to be a burning desire within.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 67

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Too funny.....

Two years of trump and 8 years of GOP control of the House and Senate and people STILL need food stamps to survive.  Way to go, Repubs!!!!

Trump has brought the number of food stamps down with tax cuts and less regulations than the liberals want.  Way to go Democrats!

http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts

Obama brought the number down with job creation, NOT helping the wage disparity to grow significantly, reducing revenue and the incredible debt we now have or polluting the planet and endangering our grandchildren.  

We all know Obama did everything including make Trump pass the corporate tax cuts to enable more workers to be hired. An intellectually dishonest statement.   Obama is also responsible for the personal income tax cuts all taxpayers receive.  Another, intellectually dishonest statement! You can't make this stuff up ....though far right extremists do.....   Obama was also responsible for doubling the national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars in only eight years (another Obama accomplishment)! Trump ONLY added $1 trillion to the national debt in 2 years!  Another, intellectually dishonest statement!,,,,it's increased 1.3 trillion in less than 23 months AND increasing every minute....significantly, based on YOUR link!   LMAO!!!!

https://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors