Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 51 of 67

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

http://checkyourfact.com/2018/12/09/fact-check-food-stamps-canada/

Oh my goodness.

Now we are purposely "hiding" the source of material.

It seems that the source noted above is really THE DAILY CALLER.

You know..... the media outlet operated by TUCKER CARLSON.

You know.....The media outlet funded by FOSTER FRIESS, the man that said that women should practice birth control by clamping an aspirin between their knees.

You know.....The media outlet that published a HOW-TO video of how to kill a liberal protester with your car..... of course, until it actually happened.

You know.....The media outlet that published article after article written by Jason Kessler, THE WHITE SUPREMACIST, who organized the deadly Charlottesville rally.

It is a shame that one now must cloak their REAL SOURCE in mystery.

What does that tell you about the content???????

Why do you bother to come to this forum?  

Do you have any real thoughts on the topic?  If so please share them if, not spare me your childish rants...

Good Grief!

Actually, the poster did give "thoughts on the topic", sorry you didn't like what was said, the truth.  A topic based on something from the Daily Caller, a Liberal Hating Propaganda machine. Of course that says something about it's contents. I'm surprised that some keep using it as a source.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: FACT CHECK: ARE THERE MORE AMERICANS ON FOOD STAMPS THAN THERE ARE PEOPLE IN CANADA?

Message 52 of 67

Truth is that the vast majority of people receiving food stamps are working for low wages, retired and on Social Security, disabled and unable to work., or are receiving them because of children. The Daily Caller can say what it wants, I'll stick with the truth.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 67

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Too funny.....

Two years of trump and 8 years of GOP control of the House and Senate and people STILL need food stamps to survive.  Way to go, Repubs!!!!

Trump has brought the number of food stamps down with tax cuts and less regulations than the liberals want.  Way to go Democrats!

http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts

Obama brought the number down with job creation, NOT helping the wage disparity to grow significantly, reducing revenue and the incredible debt we now have or polluting the planet and endangering our grandchildren.  

We all know Obama did everything including make Trump pass the corporate tax cuts to enable more workers to be hired.  Obama is also responsible for the personal income tax cuts all taxpayers receive.  You can't make this stuff up but liberals continually believe their liberal lemmings on CNN and MSNBC.  Obama was also responsible for doubling the national debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion dollars in only eight years (another Obama accomplishment)! Trump ONLY added $1 trillion to the national debt in 2 years!

https://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 67

I am reminded of the term "Comparing apples to oranges".  Of what relationship is the number of people in Canada to the number of people on food stamps in America? Is that some sort of metric I missed?

This is an article about how the number of  food stamp recipients in America is falling.  This topic looks like another "sky is falling but I can't give you any proof" statement from the right. 

The number of Americans receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly referred to as food stamps, continues to drop, according to the latest numbers released by the United States Department of Agriculture, which oversees the program.

As of July 7, 42.6 million Americans were receiving SNAP benefits during the current fiscal year, down from 44.2 million in 2016. The 2017 figure is the lowest since 2010, when 40.3 million people were on food stamps. The number peaked in 2013, at 47.6 million.

https://www.newsweek.com/people-food-stamps-snap-decline-participation-640500

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 67

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Too funny.....

Two years of trump and 8 years of GOP control of the House and Senate and people STILL need food stamps to survive.  Way to go, Repubs!!!!

Trump has brought the number of food stamps down with tax cuts and less regulations than the liberals want.  Way to go Democrats!

Obama brought the number down with job creation, NOT helping the wage disparity to grow significantly, reducing revenue and the incredible debt we now have or polluting the planet and endangering our grandchildren.  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 67

What the Bible Says About Poverty

In the Bible, God speaks often of the poor and needy. He commands us to give generously to them and to speak up on their behalf.

To help you connect with God’s heart for the poor, we have compiled this list of Bible verses that speak to how He asks us to relate to and serve the less fortunate among us.

PROVERBS

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

— Proverbs 31:8-9

Do not exploit the poor because they are poor and do not crush the needy in court, for the Lord will take up their case and will exact life for life.

— Proverbs 22:22-23

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you"—when you already have it with you.

— Proverbs 3:27-28

A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.

— Proverbs 11:25

It is a sin to despise one’s neighbor, but blessed is the one who is kind to the needy.

— Proverbs 14:21

Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

— Proverbs 14:31

Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done.

— Proverbs 19:17

The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor.

— Proverbs 22:9

Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.

— Proverbs 28:27

THE PSALMS OF DAVID

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

— Psalm 9:9

The wicked go down to the realm of the dead, all the nations that forget God. But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

— Psalm 9: 17-18

“Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the Lord. “I will protect them from those who malign them.”

— Psalm 12:5

My whole being will exclaim, “Who is like you, Lord? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them.”

— Psalm 35:10

With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him. For he stands at the right hand of the needy, to save their lives from those who would condemn them.

— Psalm 109:30-31

I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.

— Psalm 140:12

and much more at:  What the Bible Says About Poverty

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 67

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

http://checkyourfact.com/2018/12/09/fact-check-food-stamps-canada/

Oh my goodness.

Now we are purposely "hiding" the source of material.

It seems that the source noted above is really THE DAILY CALLER.

You know..... the media outlet operated by TUCKER CARLSON.

You know.....The media outlet funded by FOSTER FRIESS, the man that said that women should practice birth control by clamping an aspirin between their knees.

You know.....The media outlet that published a HOW-TO video of how to kill a liberal protester with your car..... of course, until it actually happened.

You know.....The media outlet that published article after article written by Jason Kessler, THE WHITE SUPREMACIST, who organized the deadly Charlottesville rally.

It is a shame that one now must cloak their REAL SOURCE in mystery.

What does that tell you about the content???????

Why do you bother to come to this forum?  

Do you have any real thoughts on the topic?  If so please share them if, not spare me your childish rants...

Good Grief!

Why do you "cloak" the source of your material?

Is it because the origin, THE DAILY CALLER, is known for all the points I have already pointed out?

The topic, using a source such as THE DAILY CALLER, is moot.

The topic is but a political ideology of its source.

In this case, the source is well known as a WHITE NATIONALIST, WHITE SUPREMACIST, MISOGYNIST media outlet.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 67

Some may want to baffle with BS.    They have that right, but what action do they try when they are told that for all the hair on fire rant, that the numbers used are an actual REDUCTION from the previous year?

Not sure how they come up with magic math as in 2017,  42 M recipients and that was 13% of population.    68% of the recipients were children.    Is Jordan wanting to eliminate child labor laws?

35% of recipients are classified as disabled or Seniors and 45% are working. ( slave type wages, not living wage).   

And that is what happens when someone wants to make a RANT / Whine and followers don't bother to do much other that place their stamp of approval.   

https://www.cbpp.org/research/food-assistance/a-closer-look-at-who-benefits-from-snap-state-by-state...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 67

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Too funny.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 67
Ditto.............Good grief!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors