Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
164
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

164 Views
Message 41 of 110

@Centristsin2010

Perhaps we can refer to the posts of trump supporters as avoidance or avoiding engagement. Both can be considered as picking a fight but then running away from it. How many times do they answer a question by asking a question. How many times do they ask for factual proof but when asked, they never provide any proof, and just ask for more proof. I wonder if they were in some sort of weird debate club where only asking questions and providing no proof won the debate?

 

Frosty debates

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
164
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
185
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

185 Views
Message 42 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:


The topic is not about your biased and inaccurate view of the President's history. And no one suggested it was....you are the only one posting here that claims this topic is about many different things.  Your suggesting otherwise is just more intellectual dishonesty.  It is about his response to another person's comments about MS-13 and the way the MSM and some posters perverted that into attacking all immigrants.  Huh?  That's not true. Who "attacked all immigrants"?

 

Yes I do respond to posters so, understandably, there will be a variety of direction taken. I agree, but there's no need to claim the topic is about anything other than what it's actually about.  And then there are your Nazi, KKK, etc. departures. It's one of a variety of directions and often used as example.  But some can't understand the point, so they attack the word choice.  It's obvious.  Especially those who attack brownskinned gangs and give their support OR IGNORE, the actions of whiteskinned gangs.  But I guess that is O.K. because............well, just bec.ause they're white.

 

IMO, those who can't acknowledge agreement when it occurs, are frauds and usually it's those who are obstinately devoted to their views.


If you want the discussion focused on the topic, don't go far afield with your Nazi, KKK, whiteskinned gangs, the President's provocative language, bigoted and misogynist comments, coded language and the rest of your distractions.


Thanks for your advice, but I consider the source.  No one goes more "far from afield" than the one giving advice suggesting don't go far afield.....just saying.

 

So why do brownskinned gangs trouble you more than white "gangs"?


So since that is your thought, you'll have to answer it yourself. Or post something about Nazis or rabbit holes or whatever floats your boat.


Avoiding the question is quite telling.  I'm not surprised.  But thanks for the "reveal".


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
185
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
186
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

186 Views
Message 43 of 110

@rk9152wrote:


YES it is because the "it" under discussion is not the headline - it is you offing your one cent on a comment I made about another poster's offering. IT had to do with that poster lumping all illegals with MS-13.  The "it" is, and always was, the topic itself.  Just because YOU decide to change course, doesn't change "it".

Fine "it" is the topic.  Good for you, you finally "got it".  - the President was clearly referring to MS-13. the MSM, the Dems, and some posters went off the deep end as if he was referring to all immigrants - and they were wrong. End of story.  No, it isn't the "end of the story" even if you want it to be.  You made similar comments earlier and I agreed with you; you ignored my agreement which tells me you don't post to "discuss" as you claim; but apparently post to attack those you disagree with, even when in agreement.  End of story!

 

I hope that is sufficiently "intellectually honest" for you.  Not even close.  The rabbit hole is closing in on you. What rabbit hole are you ranting about?  Your "it's about the President"; "it's not about the President, it's about MS-13"; "it's not about MS-13, it's about "immigrants"; "it's not about immigrants it's about what the President said."  Quite the "rabbit hole".  But thanks for asking....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
186
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
201
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

201 Views
Message 44 of 110

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:


The topic is not about your biased and inaccurate view of the President's history. And no one suggested it was....you are the only one posting here that claims this topic is about many different things.  Your suggesting otherwise is just more intellectual dishonesty.  It is about his response to another person's comments about MS-13 and the way the MSM and some posters perverted that into attacking all immigrants.  Huh?  That's not true. Who "attacked all immigrants"?

 

Yes I do respond to posters so, understandably, there will be a variety of direction taken. I agree, but there's no need to claim the topic is about anything other than what it's actually about.  And then there are your Nazi, KKK, etc. departures. It's one of a variety of directions and often used as example.  But some can't understand the point, so they attack the word choice.  It's obvious.  Especially those who attack brownskinned gangs and give their support OR IGNORE, the actions of whiteskinned gangs.  But I guess that is O.K. because............well, just bec.ause they're white.

 

IMO, those who can't acknowledge agreement when it occurs, are frauds and usually it's those who are obstinately devoted to their views.


If you want the discussion focused on the topic, don't go far afield with your Nazi, KKK, whiteskinned gangs, the President's provocative language, bigoted and misogynist comments, coded language and the rest of your distractions.


Thanks for your advice, but I consider the source.  No one goes more "far from afield" than the one giving advice suggesting don't go far afield.....just saying.

 

So why do brownskinned gangs trouble you more than white "gangs"?


So since that is your thought, you'll have to answer it yourself. Or post something about Nazis or rabbit holes or whatever floats your boat.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
201
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
197
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

197 Views
Message 45 of 110

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:


What would you call lumping all brownskinned people together as opposed to being individuals? I think "racism" fits pretty well.  And the poster you responded to didn't do that.  Though YOU lumped all MS-13 members together.  Racist?  Naw.  Bigoted? Yep.Yes he/she/it did via using the estimated number if immigrants. Your assumption is wrong.  But with that logic, trump claiming there are "over 10,000 MS-13 members" must be racist as well.?

 

As to "undocumented" - that is true. If you claim it's true that ALL MS-13 members are "undocumented" then it would be very easy for you to prove. I didn't you are arguing with yourself again. No, it IS what you posted..... But then again, distorting facts is the game of the Conservatives...... That is why the topic is about MS-13 thugs, no one else. Yet you claimed it was about "immigrants" earlier. No I didn't - I only responded to a post about "immigrants"   LOL....yet is was YOU who posted, "An inability to see MS-13 hoodlums as other than "undocumented" Latinos is truly sad."     Yet some have tried to lump them into some brownskinned mass - hence the word "racism".  Yes, as Scout posted, trump wants racists to believe MS-13 are reflective of many brownskinned immigrants. The President is not posting here. We are talking about the thinking of posters.  NO!  You are posting about YOUR interpretation of what someone posted, which wasn't even close; the actual topic is about what the President said, whether or not he's posting here.  Quit with the follow me into this rabbit hole nonsense.  It's really not flattering.  It is racist; you're just blaming the wrong person. The racists just shrug....they don't care that trump feeds racism in this country.  He speaks for them. Again - this is not about the President. This topic IS about what the trump said, not whatever you claim it is at the moment.  This is about posters lumping all brownskinned people together and not seeing the racism in that.  NO!  It is not.  Read the headline again.  I get that you want to make "it" about whatever you think is relevant at the moment, but how about a little intellectual honesty for a change. 


YES it is because the "it" under discussion is not the headline - it is you offing your one cent on a comment I made about another poster's offering. IT had to do with that poster lumping all illegals with MS-13.  The "it" is, and always was, the topic itself.  Just because YOU decide to change course, doesn't change "it".

Fine "it" is the topic - the President was clearly referring to MS-13. the MSM, the Dems, and some posters went off the deep end as if he was referring to all immigrants - and they were wrong. End of story.

 

I hope that is sufficiently "intellectually honest" for you.  Not even close.  The rabbit hole is closing in on you. What rabbit hole are you ranting about?


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
197
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
209
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

209 Views
Message 46 of 110

@rk9152wrote:


The topic is not about your biased and inaccurate view of the President's history. And no one suggested it was....you are the only one posting here that claims this topic is about many different things.  Your suggesting otherwise is just more intellectual dishonesty.  It is about his response to another person's comments about MS-13 and the way the MSM and some posters perverted that into attacking all immigrants.  Huh?  That's not true. Who "attacked all immigrants"?

 

Yes I do respond to posters so, understandably, there will be a variety of direction taken. I agree, but there's no need to claim the topic is about anything other than what it's actually about.  And then there are your Nazi, KKK, etc. departures. It's one of a variety of directions and often used as example.  But some can't understand the point, so they attack the word choice.  It's obvious.  Especially those who attack brownskinned gangs and give their support OR IGNORE, the actions of whiteskinned gangs.  But I guess that is O.K. because............well, just bec.ause they're white.

 

IMO, those who can't acknowledge agreement when it occurs, are frauds and usually it's those who are obstinately devoted to their views.


If you want the discussion focused on the topic, don't go far afield with your Nazi, KKK, whiteskinned gangs, the President's provocative language, bigoted and misogynist comments, coded language and the rest of your distractions.


Thanks for your advice, but I consider the source.  No one goes more "far from afield" than the one giving advice suggesting don't go far afield.....just saying.

 

So why do brownskinned gangs trouble you more than white "gangs"?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
209
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
205
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

205 Views
Message 47 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:


What would you call lumping all brownskinned people together as opposed to being individuals? I think "racism" fits pretty well.  And the poster you responded to didn't do that.  Though YOU lumped all MS-13 members together.  Racist?  Naw.  Bigoted? Yep.Yes he/she/it did via using the estimated number if immigrants. Your assumption is wrong.  But with that logic, trump claiming there are "over 10,000 MS-13 members" must be racist as well.?

 

As to "undocumented" - that is true. If you claim it's true that ALL MS-13 members are "undocumented" then it would be very easy for you to prove. I didn't you are arguing with yourself again. No, it IS what you posted..... But then again, distorting facts is the game of the Conservatives...... That is why the topic is about MS-13 thugs, no one else. Yet you claimed it was about "immigrants" earlier. No I didn't - I only responded to a post about "immigrants"   LOL....yet is was YOU who posted, "An inability to see MS-13 hoodlums as other than "undocumented" Latinos is truly sad."     Yet some have tried to lump them into some brownskinned mass - hence the word "racism".  Yes, as Scout posted, trump wants racists to believe MS-13 are reflective of many brownskinned immigrants. The President is not posting here. We are talking about the thinking of posters.  NO!  You are posting about YOUR interpretation of what someone posted, which wasn't even close; the actual topic is about what the President said, whether or not he's posting here.  Quit with the follow me into this rabbit hole nonsense.  It's really not flattering.  It is racist; you're just blaming the wrong person. The racists just shrug....they don't care that trump feeds racism in this country.  He speaks for them. Again - this is not about the President. This topic IS about what the trump said, not whatever you claim it is at the moment.  This is about posters lumping all brownskinned people together and not seeing the racism in that.  NO!  It is not.  Read the headline again.  I get that you want to make "it" about whatever you think is relevant at the moment, but how about a little intellectual honesty for a change. 


YES it is because the "it" under discussion is not the headline - it is you offing your one cent on a comment I made about another poster's offering. IT had to do with that poster lumping all illegals with MS-13.  The "it" is, and always was, the topic itself.  Just because YOU decide to change course, doesn't change "it".

 

I hope that is sufficiently "intellectually honest" for you.  Not even close.  The rabbit hole is closing in on you.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
205
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
201
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

201 Views
Message 48 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:


Actually, the poster that Soosie started this topic with claims that Democrats are upset with him for calling MS-13 animals.  I have not seen anybody complaining about that.  I have seen complaints with posters claiming he called all illegals "animals" (in the context of his comments, I personally don't believe he did).  Who on here has been defending MS-13?


And post #2 made the switch to claiming that the President was calling all immigrants animals. That is wrong and I believe we are in agreement on that.

 

I do not know why you asked me that last question.


Because that is what Soosie was implying when she started the topic.  If you don't agree with that, then we are in agreement on that position as well.


Forget Soosie, it's just us guys (generic) talking. I believe that the MSM and posters were wrong in saying that the President was calling all immigrants animals and that he was referring specifically to MS-13. Are we in agreement on that?


You will have to give examples of MSM saying that.  Just a quick search shows that neither the NY Times, nor CNN said that.  And, as I already said, in the context he said it in, I do not believe he was calling all immigrants "animals".

 

Also, you didn't answer the question as to whether or not you think people have been defending MS-13.


Published on May 16, 2018
 
SUBSCRIBE 730K
President Trump said some people coming across the border are "animals," after a Fresno sheriff spoke about illegal immigrants arrested for crimes.
 
President Donald Trump Refers To Some Undocumented Immigrants As ‘Animals’ At WH Meeting | NBC News

 

 

Yes, the key word in both articles is "some".  That is accurately reporting what he said.  So, do you think people have been defending MS-13?  I just saw your response as I was posting this, so please ignore the last sentence.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
201
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
191
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

191 Views
Message 49 of 110

 

@sp362wrote:


 

 

Also, you didn't answer the question as to whether or not you think people have been defending MS-13.

I have no idea why people are lumping MS-13 with anyone else. I do not think it is a matter of defending them. Rather it is just another opportunity to dump on the President.


 
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
191
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
183
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

183 Views
Message 50 of 110

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@sp362wrote:

 

What CIS produces is little more than propaganda.

 

Where have I defended MS-13?  What I am taking exception to is this latest attempt to put a segment of our society into an unreasonable fear so they can be used and mislead.  Why the focus on MS-13?  To play to TV?  To play to the bigotry of trumps base.  There are also other gangs you could classify as "animals" that also need to be dealt with and focusing on MS-13 only does not solve that problem. Right you are, sp. Have you ever seen the Right focus as much attention on the white supremacists?  Nope!  The white alt-right?  Nope!  The white KKK?  Nope!  The white Nazi's?  Nope!  And what's the "common denominator"?

 

It's so nice to see an objective Republican posting here, sp.  Thank you.  Reading posts here from the Right one can easily fool themselves to think all Reps are political bigoted with an inability to think objectively.  But obviously the fact is, many can, they just don't post here much.  So, thank you for being a breath of fresh air for the forum and showing some Republicans actually care about FACTS.


White supremacists, KKK, bigotry, the Right, Nazis, and Republicans - all clutter. Yep, reality is clutter to a closed mind.

 

The topic is the truth that the President was responding to comments about MS-13 when he made his  "animals" comment and the left went bonkers accusing him of calling all illegals animals. trump has a history of provocative language and spewing bigoted and misogynist comments.  He's rarely clear or specific and is why so many of his communication staff have come and gone.  They are constantly tell us what he means when it's often more coded language for his base.  I agree the left went overboard on his comment about MS-13....many understood; but that's reflective of a poor communicator with a bigoted and hate-filled past.

 

So is the topic about MS-13 or trumps words?  Which is it now?  You seem to jump back and forth depending on who you respond to.  The reported behavior of some MS-13 members is horrendous and vile; not much different than the behavior of the KKK and Nazi's.....all clutter to those who are indifferent to white gangs.


The topic is not about your biased and inaccurate view of the President's history. And no one suggested it was....you are the only one posting here that claims this topic is about many different things.  Your suggesting otherwise is just more intellectual dishonesty.  It is about his response to another person's comments about MS-13 and the way the MSM and some posters perverted that into attacking all immigrants.  Huh?  That's not true. Who "attacked all immigrants"?

 

Yes I do respond to posters so, understandably, there will be a variety of direction taken. I agree, but there's no need to claim the topic is about anything other than what it's actually about.  And then there are your Nazi, KKK, etc. departures. It's one of a variety of directions and often used as example.  But some can't understand the point, so they attack the word choice.  It's obvious.  Especially those who attack brownskinned gangs and give their support OR IGNORE, the actions of whiteskinned gangs.  But I guess that is O.K. because............well, just because they're white.

 

IMO, those who can't acknowledge agreement when it occurs, are frauds and usually it's those who are obstinately devoted to their views.


If you want the discussion focused on the topic, don't go far afield with your Nazi, KKK, whiteskinned gangs, the President's provocative language, bigoted and misogynist comments, coded language and the rest of your distractions.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
183
Views