Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Explaining The Animal Frenzy

Message 51 of 110

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

What would you call lumping all brownskinned people together as opposed to being individuals? I think "racism" fits pretty well.  And the poster you responded to didn't do that.  Though YOU lumped all MS-13 members together.  Racist?  Naw.  Bigoted? Yep.Yes he/she/it did via using the estimated number if immigrants. Your assumption is wrong.  But with that logic, trump claiming there are "over 10,000 MS-13 members" must be racist as well.?

As to "undocumented" - that is true. If you claim it's true that ALL MS-13 members are "undocumented" then it would be very easy for you to prove. I didn't you are arguing with yourself again. No, it IS what you posted..... But then again, distorting facts is the game of the Conservatives...... That is why the topic is about MS-13 thugs, no one else. Yet you claimed it was about "immigrants" earlier. No I didn't - I only responded to a post about "immigrants"   LOL....yet is was YOU who posted, "An inability to see MS-13 hoodlums as other than "undocumented" Latinos is truly sad."     Yet some have tried to lump them into some brownskinned mass - hence the word "racism".  Yes, as Scout posted, trump wants racists to believe MS-13 are reflective of many brownskinned immigrants. The President is not posting here. We are talking about the thinking of posters.  NO!  You are posting about YOUR interpretation of what someone posted, which wasn't even close; the actual topic is about what the President said, whether or not he's posting here.  Quit with the follow me into this rabbit hole nonsense.  It's really not flattering.  It is racist; you're just blaming the wrong person. The racists just shrug....they don't care that trump feeds racism in this country.  He speaks for them. Again - this is not about the President. This topic IS about what the trump said, not whatever you claim it is at the moment.  This is about posters lumping all brownskinned people together and not seeing the racism in that.  NO!  It is not.  Read the headline again.  I get that you want to make "it" about whatever you think is relevant at the moment, but how about a little intellectual honesty for a change. 

YES it is because the "it" under discussion is not the headline - it is you offing your one cent on a comment I made about another poster's offering. IT had to do with that poster lumping all illegals with MS-13.

I hope that is sufficiently "intellectually honest" for you.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 110

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

Actually, the poster that Soosie started this topic with claims that Democrats are upset with him for calling MS-13 animals.  I have not seen anybody complaining about that.  I have seen complaints with posters claiming he called all illegals "animals" (in the context of his comments, I personally don't believe he did).  Who on here has been defending MS-13?

And post #2 made the switch to claiming that the President was calling all immigrants animals. That is wrong and I believe we are in agreement on that.

I do not know why you asked me that last question.

Because that is what Soosie was implying when she started the topic.  If you don't agree with that, then we are in agreement on that position as well.

Forget Soosie, it's just us guys (generic) talking. I believe that the MSM and posters were wrong in saying that the President was calling all immigrants animals and that he was referring specifically to MS-13. Are we in agreement on that?

You will have to give examples of MSM saying that.  Just a quick search shows that neither the NY Times, nor CNN said that.  And, as I already said, in the context he said it in, I do not believe he was calling all immigrants "animals".

Also, you didn't answer the question as to whether or not you think people have been defending MS-13.

Published on May 16, 2018

SUBSCRIBE 730K
President Trump said some people coming across the border are "animals," after a Fresno sheriff spoke about illegal immigrants arrested for crimes.

President Donald Trump Refers To Some Undocumented Immigrants As ‘Animals’ At WH Meeting | NBC News

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@sp362wrote:

What CIS produces is little more than propaganda.

Where have I defended MS-13?  What I am taking exception to is this latest attempt to put a segment of our society into an unreasonable fear so they can be used and mislead.  Why the focus on MS-13?  To play to TV?  To play to the bigotry of trumps base.  There are also other gangs you could classify as "animals" that also need to be dealt with and focusing on MS-13 only does not solve that problem. Right you are, sp. Have you ever seen the Right focus as much attention on the white supremacists?  Nope!  The white alt-right?  Nope!  The white KKK?  Nope!  The white Nazi's?  Nope!  And what's the "common denominator"?

It's so nice to see an objective Republican posting here, sp.  Thank you.  Reading posts here from the Right one can easily fool themselves to think all Reps are political bigoted with an inability to think objectively.  But obviously the fact is, many can, they just don't post here much.  So, thank you for being a breath of fresh air for the forum and showing some Republicans actually care about FACTS.

White supremacists, KKK, bigotry, the Right, Nazis, and Republicans - all clutter. Yep, reality is clutter to a closed mind.

The topic is the truth that the President was responding to comments about MS-13 when he made his  "animals" comment and the left went bonkers accusing him of calling all illegals animals. trump has a history of provocative language and spewing bigoted and misogynist comments.  He's rarely clear or specific and is why so many of his communication staff have come and gone.  They are constantly tell us what he means when it's often more coded language for his base.  I agree the left went overboard on his comment about MS-13....many understood; but that's reflective of a poor communicator with a bigoted and hate-filled past.

So is the topic about MS-13 or trumps words?  Which is it now?  You seem to jump back and forth depending on who you respond to.  The reported behavior of some MS-13 members is horrendous and vile; not much different than the behavior of the KKK and Nazi's.....all clutter to those who are indifferent to white gangs.

The topic is not about your biased and inaccurate view of the President's history. And no one suggested it was....you are the only one posting here that claims this topic is about many different things.  Your suggesting otherwise is just more intellectual dishonesty.  It is about his response to another person's comments about MS-13 and the way the MSM and some posters perverted that into attacking all immigrants.  Huh?  That's not true. Who "attacked all immigrants"?

Yes I do respond to posters so, understandably, there will be a variety of direction taken. I agree, but there's no need to claim the topic is about anything other than what it's actually about.  And then there are your Nazi, KKK, etc. departures. It's one of a variety of directions and often used as example.  But some can't understand the point, so they attack the word choice.  It's obvious.  Especially those who attack brownskinned gangs and give their support OR IGNORE, the actions of whiteskinned gangs.  But I guess that is O.K. because............well, just because they're white.

IMO, those who can't acknowledge agreement when it occurs, are frauds and usually it's those who are obstinately devoted to their views.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

What would you call lumping all brownskinned people together as opposed to being individuals? I think "racism" fits pretty well.  And the poster you responded to didn't do that.  Though YOU lumped all MS-13 members together.  Racist?  Naw.  Bigoted? Yep.Yes he/she/it did via using the estimated number if immigrants. Your assumption is wrong.  But with that logic, trump claiming there are "over 10,000 MS-13 members" must be racist as well.?

As to "undocumented" - that is true. If you claim it's true that ALL MS-13 members are "undocumented" then it would be very easy for you to prove. I didn't you are arguing with yourself again. No, it IS what you posted..... But then again, distorting facts is the game of the Conservatives...... That is why the topic is about MS-13 thugs, no one else. Yet you claimed it was about "immigrants" earlier. No I didn't - I only responded to a post about "immigrants"   LOL....yet is was YOU who posted, "An inability to see MS-13 hoodlums as other than "undocumented" Latinos is truly sad."     Yet some have tried to lump them into some brownskinned mass - hence the word "racism".  Yes, as Scout posted, trump wants racists to believe MS-13 are reflective of many brownskinned immigrants. The President is not posting here. We are talking about the thinking of posters.  NO!  You are posting about YOUR interpretation of what someone posted, which wasn't even close; the actual topic is about what the President said, whether or not he's posting here.  Quit with the follow me into this rabbit hole nonsense.  It's really not flattering.  It is racist; you're just blaming the wrong person. The racists just shrug....they don't care that trump feeds racism in this country.  He speaks for them. Again - this is not about the President. This topic IS about what the trump said, not whatever you claim it is at the moment.  This is about posters lumping all brownskinned people together and not seeing the racism in that.  NO!  It is not.  Read the headline again.  I get that you want to make "it" about whatever you think is relevant at the moment, but how about a little intellectual honesty for a change. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

Actually, the poster that Soosie started this topic with claims that Democrats are upset with him for calling MS-13 animals.  I have not seen anybody complaining about that.  I have seen complaints with posters claiming he called all illegals "animals" (in the context of his comments, I personally don't believe he did).  Who on here has been defending MS-13?

And post #2 made the switch to claiming that the President was calling all immigrants animals. That is wrong and I believe we are in agreement on that.

Because that is what Soosie was implying when she started the topic.  If you don't agree with that, then we are in agreement on that position as well.

Forget Soosie, it's just us guys (generic) talking. I believe that the MSM and posters were wrong in saying that the President was calling all immigrants animals and that he was referring specifically to MS-13. Are we in agreement on that?

You will have to give examples of MSM saying that.  Just a quick search shows that neither the NY Times, nor CNN said that.  And, as I already said, in the context he said it in, I do not believe he was calling all immigrants "animals".

Also, you didn't answer the question as to whether or not you think people have been defending MS-13.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 110

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 110

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@sp362wrote:

Where have I defended MS-13?  What I am taking exception to is this latest attempt to put a segment of our society into an unreasonable fear so they can be used and mislead.  Why the focus on MS-13?  To play to TV?  To play to the bigotry of trumps base.  There are also other gangs you could classify as "animals" that also need to be dealt with and focusing on MS-13 only does not solve that problem. Right you are, sp. Have you ever seen the Right focus as much attention on the white supremacists?  Nope!  The white alt-right?  Nope!  The white KKK?  Nope!  The white Nazi's?  Nope!  And what's the "common denominator"?

It's so nice to see an objective Republican posting here, sp.  Thank you.  Reading posts here from the Right one can easily fool themselves to think all Reps are political bigoted with an inability to think objectively.  But obviously the fact is, many can, they just don't post here much.  So, thank you for being a breath of fresh air for the forum and showing some Republicans actually care about FACTS.

White supremacists, KKK, bigotry, the Right, Nazis, and Republicans - all clutter. Yep, reality is clutter to a closed mind.

The topic is the truth that the President was responding to comments about MS-13 when he made his  "animals" comment and the left went bonkers accusing him of calling all illegals animals. trump has a history of provocative language and spewing bigoted and misogynist comments.  He's rarely clear or specific and is why so many of his communication staff have come and gone.  They are constantly tell us what he means when it's often more coded language for his base.  I agree the left went overboard on his comment about MS-13....many understood; but that's reflective of a poor communicator with a bigoted and hate-filled past.

So is the topic about MS-13 or trumps words?  Which is it now?  You seem to jump back and forth depending on who you respond to.  The reported behavior of some MS-13 members is horrendous and vile; not much different than the behavior of the KKK and Nazi's.....all clutter to those who are indifferent to white gangs.

The topic is not about your biased and inaccurate view of the President's history. It is about his response to another person's comments about MS-13 and the way the MSM and some posters perverted that into attacking all immigrants.

Yes I do respond to posters so, understandably, there will be a variety of direction taken. And then there are your Nazi, KKK, etc. departures. But I guess that is O.K. because............well, just because.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 110

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

What would you call lumping all brownskinned people together as opposed to being individuals? I think "racism" fits pretty well.  And the poster you responded to didn't do that.  Though YOU lumped all MS-13 members together.  Racist?  Naw.  Bigoted? Yep.Yes he/she/it did via using the estimated number if immigrants.

As to "undocumented" - that is true. If you claim it's true that ALL MS-13 members are "undocumented" then it would be very easy for you to prove. I didn't you are arguing with yourself again.  But, you can't..... That is why the topic is about MS-13 thugs, no one else. Yet you claimed it was about "immigrants" earlier. No I didn't - I only responded to a post about "immigrants" Yet some have tried to lump them into some brownskinned mass - hence the word "racism".  Yes, as Scout posted, trump wants racists to believe MS-13 are reflective of many brownskinned immigrants. The President is not posting here. We are talking about the thinking of posters. It is racist; you're just blaming the wrong person. The racists just shrug....they don't care that trump feeds racism in this country.  He speaks for them. Again - this is not about the President. This is about posters lumping all brownskinned people together and not seeing the racism in that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 110

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 110

@sp362wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@sp362wrote:

White supremacists, KKK, bigotry, the Right, Nazis, and Republicans - all clutter.

The topic is the truth that the President was responding to comments about MS-13 when he made his  "animals" comment and the left went bonkers accusing him of calling all illegals animals.

Kudos
Views