Honored Social Butterfly

Explaining The Animal Frenzy

Animals.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Those who immigrated need to be deported, Not if they immigrated legally.

Got news for you, anyone that immigrated legally and commits certain of crimes are subject to, and needs to be, deported.  Even those who have become naturalized citizens are subject to deportation for certain reasons.

https://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/can-your-u-s-citizenship-be-revoked-.html

As far as your stating in your post that:  “most informed people know immigrants have a far lower crime rate than non-immigrants,”  perhaps you should do a little further research.

https://cis.org/Camarota/NonCitizens-Committed-Disproportionate-Share-Federal-Crimes-201116

Honored Social Butterfly

Got news for you, Oh goody......I bet it's Fake News, but let's take a look see, shall we?

anyone that immigrated legally and commits certain of crimes are subject to,  Yep, "SUBJECT to".....

and needs to be, deported.  VERY subjective.

Even those who have become naturalized citizens are subject to deportation for certain reasons. Yep.

https://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/can-your-u-s-citizenship-be-revoked-.html

As far as your stating in your post that:  “most informed people know immigrants have a far lower crime rate than non-immigrants,”  perhaps you should do a little further research.  Why?  My statement was 100% factual.

https://cis.org/Camarota/NonCitizens-Committed-Disproportionate-Share-Federal-Crimes-201116

Yep...."FEDERAL CRIMES" which most in this country who are arrested for crimes are arrested for violating state and local crimes.

Trump’s claim that immigrants bring ‘tremendous crime’ is still wrong

So like trumps claims, the poster would earn FOUR PINOCCHIO'S.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Recognized Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Got news for you, anyone that immigrated legally and commits certain of crimes are subject to, and needs to be, deported.  Even those who have become naturalized citizens are subject to deportation for certain reasons.

As far as your stating in your post that:  “most informed people know immigrants have a far lower crime rate than non-immigrants,”  perhaps you should do a little further research.

Centrist is correct.  Studies have shown that immigrants commit less crimes than citizens.  Anything published by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) is not worth the paper it is printed on.  They are partisan, biased and are classified as an extreme right HATE group.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sp362wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Centrist is correct.  Studies have shown that immigrants commit less crimes than citizens.  Anything published by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) is not worth the paper it is printed on.  They are partisan, biased and are classified as an extreme right HATE group.

Their presence here is a crime. However, let us not forget that the topic is the "animals" of MS-13, not every illegal.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Their presence here is a crime. LOL.....typical.  The poster sounds as if he knows each and every MS-13 member personally and KNOWS they are all illegal immigrants.  How does he know all of this?  He's a Fox viewer and Limblah listener....they know everything about everyone....LMAO!!!

Gave you a break, "rk".  It's easy to whine about the  "LMAO" and avoid the substance as you prefer.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Their presence here is a crime. LOL.....typical. 

Yes, it is typical. The comment was about "immigrants" not MS-13. And also typical - cover the lack of understanding with a phony laugh.

The poster sounds as if he knows each and every MS-13 member personally and KNOWS they are all illegal immigrants.  How does he know all of this?  He's a Fox viewer and Limblah listener....they know everything about everyone....LMAO!!!

The poster does not have to know each and every MS-13 member to know the meaning of the term "illegal". And again, the childish reference to Fox and Limbaugh as well as another phony laugh.

Gave you a break, "rk".  It's easy to whine about the  "LMAO" and avoid the substance as you prefer.

This from someone unable to discern between "illegal" and MS-13. Talk about lack of substance - that defines it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Yes, it is typical. The comment was about "immigrants" not MS-13. And also typical - cover the lack of understanding with a phony laugh. So NOW your claiming being an immigrant is a crime?  LOL.....You just can't make this up. 

The poster sounds as if he knows each and every MS-13 member personally and KNOWS they are all illegal immigrants.  How does he know all of this?  He's a Fox viewer and Limblah listener....they know everything about everyone....LMAO!!!

The poster does not have to know each and every MS-13 member to know the meaning of the term "illegal". Maybe one should learn about a subject before making sweeping bigoted comments.  Ya think?

And again, the childish reference to Fox and Limbaugh as well as another phony laugh. Fox and Limblaugh are childish?  OK....I might be able to actually agree with you on that.  Lying and deceipt can often be described as childish....it is 2nd grade behavior.  Thanks for the reminder.

This from someone unable to discern between "illegal" and MS-13. Wrong again.....being an MS-13 gang member is not illegal in America.  But I'd bet many bigots believe it is.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@sp362wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Yes, it is typical. The comment was about "immigrants" not MS-13. And also typical - cover the lack of understanding with a phony laugh. So NOW your claiming being an immigrant is a crime?  LOL.....You just can't make this up. Not so. It would seem you can make this stuff up and hen argue with it.

The poster does not have to know each and every MS-13 member to know the meaning of the term "illegal". Maybe one should learn about a subject before making sweeping bigoted comments.  Ya think? Agreed - that was my point in the word racism.

And again, the childish reference to Fox and Limbaugh as well as another phony laugh. Fox and Limblaugh are childish?  OK....I might be able to actually agree with you on that.  Lying and deceipt can often be described as childish....it is 2nd grade behavior.  Thanks for the reminder. Concentrate - no one said Fox and Limbaugh are childish.

This from someone unable to discern between "illegal" and MS-13. Wrong again.....being an MS-13 gang member is not illegal in America.  But I'd bet many bigots believe it is. I saw no such claim here. You may be fighting with yourself.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Read the entirety of the law - after ten years a naturalized citizen cannot have their citizenship stripped against their will and be deported any more than a native born citizen can be stripped of their citizenship against their will and be deported...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpackerwrote:

Read the entirety of the law - after ten years a naturalized citizen cannot have their citizenship stripped against their will

Is this what you are talking about:

"Refusal to Testify Before Congress: You may not refuse to testify before a U.S. congressional committee whose job it is to investigate your alleged involvement in subversive acts, such as those intended to harm U.S. officials or overthrow the U.S. government. This requirement to testify in order to maintain citizenship status expires after 10 years."

That's all I can find about 10 years. 

Please RSVP.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Here is what Trump said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/may/17/context-donald-trumps-comments-about-imm...

In Context: Donald Trump's comments about immigrants, ‘animals’

Towards the bottom of the page Trump's comment in a discussion with  Margaret Mims, Fresno County Sheriff.

Mims: "Thank you. There could be an MS-13 gang member I know about — if they don't reach a certain threshold, I cannot tell ICE about it."

Trump: "We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we're stopping a lot of them — but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. These are animals. And we're taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that's never happened before. And because of the weak laws, they come in fast, we get them, we release them, we get them again, we bring them out. It's crazy.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

Here is what Trump said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/may/17/context-donald-trumps-comments-about-imm...

In Context: Donald Trump's comments about immigrants, ‘animals’

Towards the bottom of the page Trump's comment in a discussion with  Margaret Mims, Fresno County Sheriff.

Mims: "Thank you. There could be an MS-13 gang member I know about — if they don't reach a certain threshold, I cannot tell ICE about it."

Trump: "We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we're stopping a lot of them — but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. These are animals. And we're taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that's never happened before. And because of the weak laws, they come in fast, we get them, we release them, we get them again, we bring them out. It's crazy.

Thanks, @TxGrandpa2, for agreeing with me versus the others on this thread that have manufactured the events of that day.

They said that Trump was responding to a question about MS-13 and that's why Trump DIDN'T need to mention MS-13 in his rant against immigrants.

As your transcript shows......... THERE WAS NO QUESTION POSED TO THE PRESIDENT ABOUT MS-13!!!!!

Now, if you only took your transcript a little further back; you would see that even the Sheriff was talking about undocumented immigrants in general except for that one sentence about MS-13.

That further clarifies that Trump was being his xenophobic self inciting the Trump Base by attributing the term ANIMALS to undocumented immigrants from south of the border.

Isn't it strange that undocumented immigrants from other countries aren't given that moniker. There has been some BAD DUDES from other countries here in the United States but that wouldn't fit Trump's RACIST AGENDA.

But, once again, thanks for having my back by proving there was NO QUESTION posed by the Sheriff as some FAKE NEWS  purveyors have alluded to.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheelwrote:

But, once again, thanks for having my back by proving there was NO QUESTION posed by the Sheriff as some FAKE NEWS  purveyors have alluded to.

No cigar pardner.  The topic did turn to MS-13 and criminal illegals and he was referring them, not all immigrants as claimed.

The Sheriff was saying that even if she knew of MS-13 members in her area she couldn't mention them to federal agents since she was caught between the state and the feds.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

No cigar pardner.  The topic did turn to MS-13 and criminal illegals and he was referring them, not all immigrants as claimed.

The Sheriff was saying that even if she knew of MS-13 members in her area she couldn't mention them to federal agents since she was caught between the state and the feds.

I suggest you listen to the YouTube video. The topic made no turn. The topic was about undocumented immigrants and ONLY ONE SENTENCE even mentioned MS-13.

I don't know why you don't want to give me my cigar......... I had said there was NO QUESTION posed to Trump by the Sheriff as your fellow posters had commented and you backed me up on that, proving that I was right.

Maybe a cigarillo??????

Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheelwrote:

ONLY ONE SENTENCE even mentioned MS-13.

I had said there was NO QUESTION posed to Trump by the Sheriff

You're attempting use the excuse that there was no question posed......No question was needed as the discussion included comments about MS-13.  Here is the context:

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@nctarheelwrote:

ONLY ONE SENTENCE even mentioned MS-13.

I had said there was NO QUESTION posed to Trump by the Sheriff

You're attempting use the excuse that there was no question posed......No question was needed as the discussion included comments about MS-13.  Here is the context:

Liberals will read the text and watch the video and still say Trump hates all immigrants. You can't fix stupid!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Liberals will read the text and watch the video and still say Trump hates all immigrants. You can't fix stupid!

That is basically what the poster is attempting to say.  He was in a discussion with the Sheriff who was saying she had to comply with both California law and Federal Law, but she was caught in-between in a Catch 22 position.

The poster was attempting to 'play' on whether a question was asked.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

That is basically what the poster is attempting to say.  He was in a discussion with the Sheriff who was saying she had to comply with both California law and Federal Law, but she was caught in-between in a Catch 22 position.

The poster was attempting to 'play' on whether a question was asked.

I inadvertently mentioned "question" when I should have said "comment" but my posting has no bearing on what Trump replied to and the poster is dead wrong when he says or implies that Trump said that "all immigrants are animals". Never happened except in the liberal mind.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

I inadvertently mentioned "question" when I should have said "comment" but my posting has no bearing on what Trump replied to and the poster is dead wrong when he says or implies that Trump said that "all immigrants are animals".

It is very hard for a liberal these days.

Trump is so inarticulate that he and his surrogates, more times than not, have to "explain what he meant". If we have a Commander in Chief that can't speak straight, he can say anything and then later say he meant it to be something else.

This use of ANIMAL is a prime example of that.

But now it is even worse. Those that back Trump are also using the same process. For example, a poster says that the President was asked a question about MS-13 and that the President was merely responding to the question. Just as the President does, when the poster discovered there was NO QUESTION; the poster backtracked and stated that they inadvertently called it a question rather than a comment. A world of difference, my friend.

It has gotten to the point that one can't believe any initial utterance by Trump or his surrogates because they will most likely have to be backtracked, retracted, explained or re-worded.

Great way to confuse the electorate........ but heed my words.......... everyone is listening closer now.

Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheelwrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

I inadvertently mentioned "question" when I should have said "comment" but my posting has no bearing on what Trump replied to and the poster is dead wrong when he says or implies that Trump said that "all immigrants are animals".

It is very hard for a liberal these days.

Trump is so inarticulate that he and his surrogates, more times than not, have to "explain what he meant". If we have a Commander in Chief that can't speak straight, he can say anything and then later say he meant it to be something else.

This use of ANIMAL is a prime example of that.

But now it is even worse. Those that back Trump are also using the same process. For example, a poster says that the President was asked a question about MS-13 and that the President was merely responding to the question. Just as the President does, when the poster discovered there was NO QUESTION; the poster backtracked and stated that they inadvertently called it a question rather than a comment. A world of difference, my friend.

It has gotten to the point that one can't believe any initial utterance by Trump or his surrogates because they will most likely have to be backtracked, retracted, explained or re-worded.

Great way to confuse the electorate........ but heed my words.......... everyone is listening closer now.

This topic is an "interesting" exercise that unsuccessfully attempted to cast an aura of legitimacy and "respectability" upon the having and holding of conservative implicit racial bias - this century's conservative equivalent of Jim Crow. 

The fact that trump's approval numbers remain around 40% is not at all coincidental - the majority of the nation's citizens are decent honest, honorable, and considerably less racially biased people who do not approve of or agree with trump's words and actions...

44>dolt45
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png