Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Explain the strategy to me

Message 31 of 52
Shall we continue with "it"?

"Liberals are totalitarians screaming to get out"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 52

This is an explanation of the first point made, from the list of multiple points,  made by the OP.

It's not a complete explanation. Each point made has to be understood and explained within the context of the entire middle east debacle, in order to reach a thoughtful conclusion. 

I would like to respond  to your query however... why so many disagree with him (including myself). What good is it to maintain a course of action when the desired results are not achieved? I can point to multiple military actions with good intentions, admirable results and the ensuing political failure. We are not at war and our actions should be contained inside that reality. If Congress wants to declare war, then they should do it... if not, then the soldiers work is done and turn that mess over to the diplomats. 

Military leaders often have aspirations beyond the ballot box. It's best to keep Generals on a short leash and remind them they are soldiers and should behave like soldiers.  Every now and then you must test their moxie and their willingness to take orders and do what's best for people, not just a military objective. The Military will always respond to adversity with conviction, but to test it's leaders, give them power. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 52

Ok  as I understand your post, this is the strategy for Syria?  Well is not a matter of agreeing with you or not, but why so many in the Trump Administration do not seem to agree with him?
Are they mistaken or is Trump mistaken.?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 52
Like I said... I can explain it , but I can't understand it for you. Subjective issues are tough to score so.... in your mind, It's either right, wrong or you're indifferent.

He says he's a stable genius.... I judge a tree by its fruit.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 52
Trump is a "thinker" it does NOT show my friend, sorry. Lol. Know he is not a reader as well, now that shows!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 52

@Richva wrote:

Trump had made a campaign promise to pull our troops out of Syria and the military saw it as a VERY bad idea. I get that. 

• He surprises his own planners by announcing a short time period withdrawal. 

I am certain there is a hidden plan here somewhere.  Nobody could be that incompetent. 

OK since you won't post "it" as a single issue at a time, and I really am trying to help the hapless, well use your list one at a time. 

This was not a surprise... even you knew it was coming. So why did appear president Trump was infering  what appears to be an  immediate time frame of "lets get this done tomorrow"? 

He's a business man and that's how you bring out the thinkers and not the planners... big difference. The planners go quiet when the **bleep** hits the fan. Thinkers are ususally ready for anything. They are the tactical portion of action and meet things head on, typically within the understanding of the plan. The plan or stragey is get out of Syria... I think we all agree. Generals want control over conditions and that's what the Army does, but soldiers just want to go home when the fight is over, that's what Marines do.

The conflict has entered a political stage with limited combat operations and now it's politics turn ... that's where generals shine and make names for themselves. 

President Trump is not the best planner, but he is a thinker, trusts his gut and likes other thinkers. Politicians and generals often are planners and prefer chess. 

I like chess too.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 52
wasn't "IT" a horror movie Stephen King made about a sewer clown??? LOL. It was pretty good too!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 52

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Lordy... another one. Define: "it".

Are you still here?  I would have thought, after being unable to explain the nonexistent strategy, you would have moved on to other threads. 

I love the sound of crickets I always get when debating conservatives. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 52

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Lordy... another one. Define: "it".

@Fishslayer777,

You were the one that exclaimed that you would explain IT.

Several here have given you the opportunity and it seems you are WALKING BACK your boast.

If you can't explain INDIVIDUAL-1'S strategy; just say so.

If you misspoke and got in too deep where you can't explain your position, just say so.

Others will understand.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 52

Ohhh!!!!!!  don't tell me  that we have another Rk  in  here.

I said I didn't want to argue with  you, but I would like you to explain what you consider the Strategy.

Kudos
Views