Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ex Penn State officials plead guilty in Sandusky case

Message 1 of 6

@alferdpacker wrote:

Ex-Penn State officials plead guilty in Sandusky abuse case: reports

The third, the former Penn State president goes on trial shortly...

The most blatant cover up of Sandusky's abuse was by Paterno ..... whose inaction was defended by Trump during Trump's Presidential campaign in Pennsylvania.

Trump stated "I know a lot about Pennsylvania, and it’s great. How’s Joe Paterno. We’re gonna bring that back? Right?...How 'bout that whole deal?”

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6
Former Penn State president Graham Spanier sentenced to jail for child endangerment in Jerry Sandusky abuse case

Three former Pennsylvania State University administrators, including former president Graham Spanier, were each sentenced to serve at least two months in jail Friday for failing to alert law enforcement about a 2001 incident involving retired football coach Jerry Sandusky and a boy in a campus shower. The sentences marked one of the final rulings from the criminal justice system on the shocking saga of missed opportunities to stop a sexual predator associated with one of America’s most storied college football programs.

In a surprise, Spanier — the only one of the three to take his case to trial earlier this year — actually received the lightest sentence: four to 12 months, with the first two in jail and the remainder served under house arrest. Former university athletic director Tim Curley, 63, received a sentence of seven to 23 months, with three in jail, while former former vice president Gary Schultz, 67, was sentenced to six to 23 months, with two months in jail. All three men were convicted of the same misdemeanor charge of child endangerment, but Curley and Schultz both reached plea agreements and testified at Spanier’s trial in March.

more at: Sports Former Penn State president Graham Spanier sentenced to jail for child endangerment in Jerry ...

Boy....I must have been asleep.....just caught this.  Think they should have to serve more time behind bars, though.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

They all knew - knew for quite a while - and didn't notify law enforcement because the ensuing publicity would hinder aspects of the athletic department and reduce donations...

money and position was more important...

Sandusky abused his son, and now his son stands accused of the very same kinds of criminal sexual assault...

Just like domestic abuse, bigotry and racism - it's learned behavior from one's formative years...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

So incredibly sad for all victims and their families.  Feel sorry for the spouses--those who REALLY DIDN'T KNOW.  Seems sometimes that our children aren'treally safe anywhere.  Makes me realize why I like my four cats and my little dog better than some people.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

May their lives all end in prison.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Ex Penn State officials plead guilty in Sandusky case

Message 6 of 6

Ex-Penn State officials plead guilty in Sandusky abuse case: reports

The third, the former Penn State president goes on trial shortly...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors