Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ex-Obama counsel expects charges in Mueller-related probe

Message 11 of 14

Mr. Craig was a White House counsel in the Obama administration from 2009 to 2010 when he was forced out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_B._Craig

When asked about Craig's new role, Deputy White House Press Secretary Bill Burton said that the administration did not have any advance knowledge of Craig's new role and also said, "I assume that people who leave the administration know the Obama administration's rules barring former White House officials from lobbying for two years after leaving office] and are following those rules."

Craig said "I am a lawyer, not a lobbyist. Goldman Sachs has hired me as a lawyer—to provide legal advice and to assist in its legal representation—and that is what I am doing." Legal representation is not covered by the administration's ban.

jims link - In 2012 and 2013, the firm’s work attracted the attention of the Justice Department, which sought to determine whether the firm should register under FARA.

So the Justice Dept. is dealing with Mr. Craig.   Connections to dt's criminal campaign manager Manafort are part and parcel of Craig's alleged wrongdoing.  This weak attempt to cast shade on Obama - is yet one more failed conspiracy. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

@Tom5678 wrote:
If he is found guilty I have NO problems with prosecuting him to the fullest extent of the law Jim, no matter which administration he was a part of. But hypocrisy much?? Seems you are overly eager to go after anyone from the Obama administration when it may be related to Mueller, but have a blind eye when it comes to any
possible related charges by anyone under the Trump administration or you push conspiracy theories like Barr and his spying charges, why is that?????

I think it would be a good idea for Mr. Nadler to invite Mr. Mueller in for a hearing.  I am sure you would agree, right?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14
If he is found guilty I have NO problems with prosecuting him to the fullest extent of the law Jim, no matter which administration he was a part of. But hypocrisy much?? Seems you are overly eager to go after anyone from the Obama administration when it may be related to Mueller, but have a blind eye when it comes to any
possible related charges by anyone under the Trump administration or you push conspiracy theories like Barr and his spying charges, why is that?????
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Ex-Obama counsel expects charges in Mueller-related probe

Message 14 of 14

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Obama administration White House counsel Greg Craig expects to be charged in a foreign lobbying investigation spun off from special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, his lawyers said.

“Mr. Craig is not guilty of any charge and the government’s stubborn insistence on prosecuting Mr. Craig is a misguided abuse of prosecutorial discretion,” the attorneys, William Taylor and William Murphy, said in a statement Wednesday.

The investigation into Craig comes as the Justice Department is cracking down on unregistered foreign lobbying and consulting. Federal prosecutors in New York have been investigating two prominent Washington lobbying firms in a similar probe, and Justice Department officials in Washington have been increasingly willing to prosecute people who they believe intentionally conceal their lobbying work from the federal government.

https://apnews.com/955eb48cfe954258bfc80f45e9588621

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well Mr. Nadler, I agree it's time for total transparency!  Let's get this party started with Mr. Mueller and Rod Rosenstein.  How soon can you schedule the public hearing?  This is going to be GREAT!!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies