It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Every Democratic Committee Chair Impotent

Message 1 of 7

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

I just read up on the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate and did not see anywhere where he has the authorty to arrest anyone. 

However, I wasn't satisified with that reading, (found in Wikipedia), so I googled the question of whether such a course of action is legal. It appears that it is, but it would not be a practicle solution to the current problem. (Please see the QUORA site, and read the article written by Brian Overland. It appears that the Sergeant at Arms could attempt to arrest the president, but he would not get very far, most likely because of the Secret Service.)

I don't feel the Democrats are cowards, but I feel that they find themselves in a very unique situation that will require some finess in handling. There must be legalities to this that most of us are unaware of.

Thank you for bringing up the subject of the Sergeant at Arms; it is very interesting and makes me realize that I don't know as much as I thought I did.

Thank you for your research, I understand that this could create a spectacle rather than a solution.

I can just see the Sargent of Arms going to the White House and trying to arrest Barr, and the FBI  told by the President sorry, but we won't let you.

I agree the only solution if it exists, which I happen to think that it doesn't. would be in the laws that this country apparently doesn't have.

Because to date nobody has actually mentioned them with the exception of impeachment which we all know is very inefficient in this situation.

Like I will repeat myself. when this is all over. I do hope that both the Senate and the House sit and really think of what laws they will pass that will forever deter what is happening today . and create the necessary mechanisms to be able to act in these situation.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@rker321 wrote:

If the Sargent in Arms is the solution to this problem how come I have not heard anyone not journalists, attorneys, prosecutors, anyone mention that very simple solution?

Well a few things - In 2016 most of the people you've listed also said Trump had no chance to become President

You also won't hear those kinds of things on Fox

But you could do a Google search and I'm sure you would find lots of interesting credible information on both the powers of Congress & the House Sgt of Arms & the many legitimate people who have also suggested the Democrats - Man Up & Do Their Jobs as spelled out clearly in the Constitution

Lying Corrupt Criminal Presidents are not Allowed in the USA & re-election is way down the list of priorities for the US Congress

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

I just read up on the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate and did not see anywhere where he has the authorty to arrest anyone. 

However, I wasn't satisified with that reading, (found in Wikipedia), so I googled the question of whether such a course of action is legal. It appears that it is, but it would not be a practicle solution to the current problem. (Please see the QUORA site, and read the article written by Brian Overland. It appears that the Sergeant at Arms could attempt to arrest the president, but he would not get very far, most likely because of the Secret Service.)

I don't feel the Democrats are cowards, but I feel that they find themselves in a very unique situation that will require some finess in handling. There must be legalities to this that most of us are unaware of.

Thank you for bringing up the subject of the Sergeant at Arms; it is very interesting and makes me realize that I don't know as much as I thought I did.

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

If the Sargent in Arms is the solution to this problem how come I have not heard anyone not journalists, attorneys, prosecutors, anyone mention that very simple solution?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@rker321 wrote:

Sorry but you are wrong/ what we are seeing is the awful fact that the laws that are in place are inefficient in situation like the ones that we are experiencing.

Why can't your post see that?

There is very little that they can do. and we all need to be realistic at this point in history. What is legally possible for the House todo? please tell me. because I don't know.

You want impeachment? really?, so they impeach, and then  what? is that what your post wants to see. a complete failure of the impeachment process?

If not, please delineate of what they can do that will make Trump comply? please tell all of us what is ti that they are not doing that will make them comply?

As I've Posted Multiple Times

The US House of Representatives has a Sergeant of Arms

The Sergeant of Arms is not merely a Symbolic Position

The Sergeant of Arms has the Same Law Enforcement Powers as the Capital Police

The Sergeant of Arms Could Arrest and Imprison Trump - Barr - McGhan - and all the other Criminals refusing to Comply with the Subpoenas from a Co-equal Branch of the Federal Government

They are all Cowards

Nothing about the Way Trumps Runs his Administration is Normal or Typical - in fact most of it is illegal

The US Constitution Anticipated We Might End Up With a President Like Trump who Thought he was a King

The US Constitution is Extremely Clear on who has the Power & what is the Remedy

Pelosi and the Dinosaur Democratic Committee Chairs Refuse to Protect the Country

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Sorry but you are wrong/ what we are seeing is the awful fact that the laws that are in place are inefficient in situation like the ones that we are experiencing.

Why can't your post see that?

There is very little that they can do. and we all need to be realistic at this point in history. What is legally possible for the House todo? please tell me. because I don't know.

You want impeachment? really?, so they impeach, and then  what? is that what your post wants to see. a complete failure of the impeachment process?

If not, please delineate of what they can do that will make Trump comply? please tell all of us what is ti that they are not doing that will make them comply?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Every Democratic Committee Chair Impotent

Message 7 of 7

DEMOCRATS STAND FOR NOTHING - THEY HAVE NO PRINCIPLES

1. House Ways & Means Chairman Neal - Beaten by Trump - Trump Refuses To Turn Over Tax Returns

2. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Nadler - Beaten by Trump - Trump Refuses To Turn Over McGhan Documents and to allow Mcghan to Testify

3. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Nadler - Beaten by Trump - Trump Refuses To Turn Over Complete Unredacted Mueller Report 

4. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Nadler - Beaten by Trump - Trump Refuses to allow Barr to Testify

5. 500 Federal Legal Professionals - Published a Public Letter Succinctly Laying out all the Multiple Cases of why Trump and Many of his Sycophants should be Impeached and Prosecuted

PELOSI SAYS:

DEMOCRATS SHOULD BE WORKING ON STAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD SO AS NOT TO MAKE WAVES -

THATS NOT THEIR JOB ACCORDING TO THE US CONSTITUTION -

THE CONSTITUTION SPECIFICALLY - GAVE THE HOUSE  - A WAVE MACHINE -

ARTICLE ONE - SECTION TWO - CLAUSE 5

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements