Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Reply
Frequent Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
166
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

166 Views
Message 31 of 57

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I can speak for Evangelicals I know who support God's chosen people. We openly condemn ANY hate. Pretty simple really. Hate towards "people" is wrong. Do we get it right? No. Do we wanna do right.... we pray for help all the time.

Fire away... haters.

 

 

 

Smiley Sad  removed post as to not offend....

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
166
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
147
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

147 Views
Message 32 of 57

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


Any thoughts on someone using the incident in Norman to post their racism - "whitey sticking up for whitey".


I posted that, rk. You calling me a racist?

 

Certainly not, that would probably be against the rules. But I do wonder what people think about the use of the Norman incident to post such racist statements.



Uh huh. Would "probably" be against the rules. So you did it again. That's alright, rk. That feeling is mutual.

 

Then we are in agreement - it is despicable to use the Norman incident  to post such racist comments.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
147
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
160
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

160 Views
Message 33 of 57

ChasKy53 replies in blue text:
@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
I can speak for Evangelicals I know who support God's chosen people. We openly condemn ANY hate. Pretty simple really. Hate towards "people" is wrong. Do we get it right? No. Do we wanna do right.... we pray for help all the time.

Fire away... haters.

"praying for help" and not changing one's actions is as hypocritical as it gets. Almost makes the prayers lies.

 

And what about supporting "God's chosen people", yet hating blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, Liberals, etc? Is that acceptable as long as a person is "praying for help"?


You see where I said "people" and ANY hate? You said "Evangelicals", aren't those "people"? You also said "hate towards people is wrong" and "do we get it right? No" AND ..... the last itme I looked - - blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, and Liberals were people, and I think they still are. If you need a further explanation, would it be easier to say all people? We were talking about Evangelicals or people of color or is there another all inclusive word like ... people.  You're taking issue with a word to create a conduit for your obvious hateful tone. NO "hateful tone" here, just the truth.

 

So if anyone asks for help and  they have to ask for help a second time... is that lying?" Yes, "asking for help" over and over and still committing the same actions over and over is like lying, especially lying to one's self.   and hypocrisy? Yes, saying "we are against hate" and then committing hateful actions is hypocritical ..... and saying "we pray for help" and still committing them is hypocritical. Sound stupid.... doesn't it. Yep, seems stupid to pray for something and then make no effort in following the principles that one prays for. Sometimes prayer is just talking it out, to get a better understanding, it's hard to "get understanding" without an open mind.. of where you're missing the mark.If one continues in "missing the mark", perhaps their own personal efforts need to be increased, that's why we were given 'self will'.  We cannot continue to let our own self will dictate our actions of hate and simply say "we pray for help with that". Sometimes our heart is in the right place and our actions/work is wrong. And it is up to us to change our actions, not simply continue with them and say "we pray about it". We are responsible for our own actions.

 

Simple really. Yes it is simple, we are responsible for our own actions and changing them as necessary, saying "we pray about it" can be a cop-out. You make it sound bad. It is "bad" to pray about one's own actions that we are not pleased with and then make little or no effort to correct them themselves.


 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
160
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
156
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

156 Views
Message 34 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


Any thoughts on someone using the incident in Norman to post their racism - "whitey sticking up for whitey".


I posted that, rk. You calling me a racist?

 

Certainly not, that would probably be against the rules. But I do wonder what people think about the use of the Norman incident to post such racist statements.



Uh huh. Would "probably" be against the rules. So you did it again. That's alright, rk. That feeling is mutual.

 

Gee, I wonder what would happen if the cops thought a black person was making terroristic threats? Oh, yeah!

 

"Police officers in Crafton, Pennsylvania, arrested a 52-year-old black man, Robbie Sanderson, for shoplifting at a CVS in September of 2016. He called them Nazis, skinheads, and Gestapo as they cuffed him.

 

Because of those epithets, Sanderson was charged with “ethnic intimidation.” Insulting the officers in such terms was an anti-white hate crime, from the perspective of the authorities. Sanderson had made bias-motivated “terroristic threats,” they claimed. The alleged motivation increased the seriousness of Sanderson's crime from a first-degree misdemeanor to a third-degree felony."

 

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/29425-black-man-charged-with-hate-crime-for-calling...

 

Now, the black person's crime was shoplifting. The white person's crime is vandalism for the specific purpose of spreading a message of hate and intimidation. Black person didn't threaten to kill a soul, he gets the enhanced charges. White person threatens to kill two different groups of people, no enhanced charges. No doubt that seems fair to many evangelicals. That's about their speed.

 

I'm not sure how I can be accused of white racism, when I myself am white. If calling BS on white people for refusing to do their jobs and prosecute hate crimes on a person who threatens to kill black people and Jews makes me a racist, then whistleblower cops who honor their oath must be cop haters. Right wing logic sure is, well, stupid.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
156
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

153 Views
Message 35 of 57

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I don't know who was responsible to elevate Evangelicals as a religion. I thought they were a sect.

As we have seen they simply gather and interpret the Bible as they see fit. no foundation and their leaders rob them of their money and live lavish lives.
But these people are the ones that inject their follower with their flexible morals and call that a religion

Sorry, but religions have foundations. and I have not been able to see any in the Evangelists.

So let them think that they are perhaps appointed by the Lord, I have a feeling that they will be surprised.


Any thoughts on someone using the incident in Norman to post their racism - "whitey sticking up for whitey".


I posted that, rk. You calling me a racist?

 

Certainly not, that would probably be against the rules. But I do wonder what people think about the use of the Norman incident to post such racist statements.


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
153
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
154
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

154 Views
Message 36 of 57

@rker321 wrote:

I don't know who was responsible to elevate Evangelicals as a religion. I thought they were a sect.

As we have seen they simply gather and interpret the Bible as they see fit. no foundation and their leaders rob them of their money and live lavish lives.
But these people are the ones that inject their follower with their flexible morals and call that a religion

Sorry, but religions have foundations. and I have not been able to see any in the Evangelists.

So let them think that they are perhaps appointed by the Lord, I have a feeling that they will be surprised.


That’s exactly the same mechanism here, regarding Christianity, as Salafi beliefs are in Islam. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
154
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
172
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

172 Views
Message 37 of 57

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I don't know who was responsible to elevate Evangelicals as a religion. I thought they were a sect.

As we have seen they simply gather and interpret the Bible as they see fit. no foundation and their leaders rob them of their money and live lavish lives.
But these people are the ones that inject their follower with their flexible morals and call that a religion

Sorry, but religions have foundations. and I have not been able to see any in the Evangelists.

So let them think that they are perhaps appointed by the Lord, I have a feeling that they will be surprised.


Any thoughts on someone using the incident in Norman to post their racism - "whitey sticking up for whitey".


I posted that, rk. You calling me a racist?

 

Crickets...


 

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
172
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
171
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

171 Views
Message 38 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I don't know who was responsible to elevate Evangelicals as a religion. I thought they were a sect.

As we have seen they simply gather and interpret the Bible as they see fit. no foundation and their leaders rob them of their money and live lavish lives.
But these people are the ones that inject their follower with their flexible morals and call that a religion

Sorry, but religions have foundations. and I have not been able to see any in the Evangelists.

So let them think that they are perhaps appointed by the Lord, I have a feeling that they will be surprised.


Any thoughts on someone using the incident in Norman to post their racism - "whitey sticking up for whitey".


I posted that, rk. You calling me a racist?

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
171
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
180
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

180 Views
Message 39 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152 

Hate filled!? Try truth filled, but that’s not part of the white trump evangelical plan!

Or, how do  get closer to God by lying?

 

tax returns donnie


What has any of that to do with:

And how about the claim that the right wing will support her - using her acts as a political weapon right here on these boards.

 

And further politicization with comments about AG Barr followed by racism - "whitey sticking up for whitey".

 

Then further politicization by assuming that the President's interest in free speech for all on campus is related to Nazism.

 

And then broadening the hatred out with "hating blacks, Mexicans, Muslims, Liberals, etc.".

 

So, yes, AF it is people doing the destruction and it is people spreading the hatred in Norman - and right here.


Yep - republicans, conservatives and trump cultists are lying and blaming those on the left - they are doing evil to the nation with their lies and distortions.

 

The right wing supporting Christian whackoid fringe are swallowing the lies, hook, line, and sinker and spreading the lies - even though it's an irrefutable fact that Christians, Jews and Muslims always have worshiped the same God...

 

Yep rk - righties are doing and saying evil - and pleased with themselves for doing and saying evil...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
180
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
185
Views

Re: Evangelical Whites take action

185 Views
Message 40 of 57
Sooner or later,,, if we don't ''it'', it will go away.

"Liberals are totalitarians screaming to get out"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
185
Views