Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Epstein found injured in NYC jail cell - possible suicide attempt?

Message 1 of 19

epstein apt nyc.jpg

Inside the mysterious Manhattan apartment building on East 66th Street, where underage models, lawyers, and key players in Jeffrey Epstein’s sex-trafficking circle all live.

For decades Epstein has run some of his operations quietly out of a squat Second Avenue residential building owned by his brother Mark Epstein.

Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak visited 'often'.

Residents say he has been periodically visiting the building for years.

Barak's name and contact information appeared in Epstein's "little black book".

Barak admitted that he had visited two of Epstein's Manhattan residences and his private island but denied meeting any girls there. He kept the details otherwise vague, telling the outlet that he and Epstein ultimately met "more than 10 times and much less than a hundred times, but I can't tell you exactly how many. I don't keep count."

Barak didn't mention the state of Florida in his statement, but Alan Dershowitz testified in a 2015 deposition that Epstein maintained a suite of guest bedrooms in his Palm Beach home, which were "assigned to people like Senator George Mitchell, Ehud Barak, prominent guests who would stay in his house."

Barak is now reportedly working to dissolve a limited partnership he formed with Epstein in 2015, saying he didn't realize at the time of their agreement that Epstein's crimes involved minors.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-nyc-building-at-the-center-of-jeffrey-epsteins-web-2019-8

The $70 million townhouse on 71st Street was apparently given to Epstein by billionaire Les Wexler:

epstein apt wexler.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

@alferdpacker wrote:

@JANMB wrote:

While  Epstein cannot change the past and must pay his dues,   he could do one  good deed and do what  Cohen did  and tell all about Trump.    

IMO - Epstein - like tRump - is too lifelong habitually dishonest to consider doing that...

However - perhaps self-preservation might change his mind...

.... More likely that one night in a cell with someone named "Bubba" WOULD change his mind.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

This is somewhat off topic as it regards Epstein's relationship with billionaire Leslie Wexner.  The NYT article (I read from my new feed that's seen after I log out of email) is  extensive, in-depth reporting.  I don't subscribe to the NYT any longer (or cable tv) so I can't post the Times link here.

It does seem obvious that Epstein blackmailed his way to wealth, as he himself has indicated.  The powerful hold Epstein had over Wexner and his billions, for years, is almost unbelievable.  I can only conclude there are many more who like Wexner, exchanged money for silence.  Why else even engage with Epstein?  I do hope every individual who has been complicit  with Epstein's criminal lifestyle are also arrested and jailed for their crimes.

This link's reporting cites some of the NYT reporting.

What We’ve Learned About Jeffrey Epstein’s Mysterious Ties to Les Wexner

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/jeffrey-epsteins-ties-to-les-wexner-what-weve-learned.html

Some associates of Wexner were baffled as to why the billionaire would become so enamored of someone who was such an unknown quantity. “I tried to find out how did he get from a high school math teacher to a private investment adviser,” Robert Morosky, the former vice chairman of The Limited, said. “There was just nothing there.”

That did not appear to matter to Wexner, who gave Epstein an increasing share of authority over his finances, to the point that in 1991, he granted his adviser power of attorney, which “enabled Mr. Epstein to hire people, sign checks, buy and sell properties and borrow money — all on Mr. Wexner’s behalf.”

PS ~ Alferd, self-preservation may keep E. alive.  But that would only be to live the rest of his life with rats and other vermin crawling into his bed with him.  At some point, one way or another, a choice will be made to end his nightmare and he can proceed on to the gates of hell.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

@JANMB wrote:

While  Epstein cannot change the past and must pay his dues,   he could do one  good deed and do what  Cohen did  and tell all about Trump.    

IMO - Epstein - like tRump - is too lifelong habitually dishonest to consider doing that...

However - perhaps self-preservation might change his mind...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

@alferdpacker wrote:

Segregate Epstein away from the rest of the prisoners?

What do the majority of American Citizens feel about protecting "short eyes" Epstein from the  prisoners - and jailers?

I still hope to see Epstein rat on Trump in exchange for some sort of better jail condition .... perhaps being segregated to avoid sharing a cell with Bubba .... or maybe even being allowed to share a cell with Trump.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

@oceanedge2 wrote:

What do the majority of American Citizens feel about protecting "short eyes" Epstein from the  prisoners - and jailers?

I don't want to see him 'not available' for his trial, due to his or any one else's actions.

We know what you want - but -

What do the majority of American citizens want to see happen?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19

I don't want to see him 'not available' for his trial, due to his or any one else's actions.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

Talk about the rich and powerful being treated differently - when he served time in Florida, he had his own cell, he was the only one in his wing of the jail, he had his own private security guarding him outside his cell (paid for by Epstein), he had many visitors who would spend as much time as they like, and six days a week he was allowed to leave the jail for up to 16 hours a day to visit his lawyer or go home to his mansion in Palm Beach. 

He did have to wear an ankle bracelet.

When one of his employees (Alfredo Rodriguez) was pulled into the scandal, he was given the same sentence but was jailed like the other inmates, no special treatment, and had to serve his full sentence.

Now Epstein is in a New York City jail. Quite different than his Palm Beach accommodations.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

Segregate Epstein away from the rest of the prisoners?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views