Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren will make an good president

Message 1 of 23

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Afisher wrote, " The question that will drive my vote is who will move the Overton window to the left.    That, imo, is not Joe Biden.    EW will"

Warren won't be moving any window to the left if she loses the election. Then we'll be faced with the sheer terror of another 4 years of Comrade Trump, which will be far worse than he's been so far. Yes, that is possiible. 

Does any decent American want to take that chance? 

If Joe Biden's elected, he will be at least ten times better than Trump as our President.

We ran a DNC pick, an establishment centrist Democrat, against trump in 2016 and we lost the election. If we run the same kind of candidate now, which Joe Biden is, we stand a chance of once more losing.  Warren will get the young voter turnout, Biden won't. Warren has a better chance of defeating trump, IMO.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Elizabeth Warren will make an good president

Message 2 of 23

Democratic Donors are only one group of Dems who will not vote for Elizabeth Warren. Her supporters have to ask themselves the following question. What's more important, taking Trump down or supporting her policies, which frequently do not appeal to mainstream America?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Wall Street Democratic Donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren

September 26, 2019

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wall-street-democratic-donors-may-back-trump-if-warren-is-nominated....

Actually, I think they will sit  out or back Pence..................

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

Wall Street Democratic Donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren

September 26, 2019

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wall-street-democratic-donors-may-back-trump-if-warren-is-nominated....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

There's a long way to go, but it does seem that Warren is making gains with the D-electorate in several states. As others drop out, it will be interesting to see where those supporters choose to go.

I think some of her success may be that she is able to make a personal connection with many voters on many levels, and maybe women, in particular. She has well thought out policy positions on a variety of issues, so she is not a single issue or duel issue type of candidate. She has a likeable personality, which never hurts.

As far as debates, I think she's a very savvy politician, and can hold her own against Trump. We know his down-and-dirty game plan. I'm not sure that Biden can do as well, but he may do well enough. Depending on where this latest Ukraine thing goes, it could get heated and personal between Trump and Biden. Not sure how that will play out with voters.

I still haven't made a decision. Texas doesn't vote until March. A lot can happen between now and then.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Elizabeth Warren will make an good president..

If you like the Green New Deal and the elimination of fossil fuels.

If you hate business and want to do away with the rich...the rich that pay more than their fair share of our Federal Income Taxes.

If want our government to tell you which Doctors you can go to. If you think that it would be good to tell the Doctors what they can charge and for what...if you think the Doctors will go for that do I have a deal for you.

And you want to do away with incentive...incentive that has created thousands of good paying jobs to our country.

And you want to break up our family farms and family business with a inheritance tax that would force many of these business to sell to pay their inheritance tax.

If you think the government is always the answer to our problems.

If you want all that vote for Ms Warren.

Yeah.  I think we need to do all that.  It is not what she  is proposing so your assumptions are incorrect but it is what we need to do. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

Elizabeth Warren will make an good president..

If you like the Green New Deal and the elimination of fossil fuels.

If you hate business and want to do away with the rich...the rich that pay more than their fair share of our Federal Income Taxes.

If want our government to tell you which Doctors you can go to. If you think that it would be good to tell the Doctors what they can charge and for what...if you think the Doctors will go for that do I have a deal for you.

And you want to do away with incentive...incentive that has created thousands of good paying jobs to our country.

And you want to break up our family farms and family business with a inheritance tax that would force many of these business to sell to pay their inheritance tax.

If you think the government is always the answer to our problems.

If you want all that vote for Ms Warren.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

Afisher and I must agree to disagree. The election will be won or lost in Florida and the rust belt states. Yes, some purple states will also play a role. 

In order to take Trump down, the Dems must target those rust belt Obama voters, who switched and voted for Trump in 2016. Why did they switch? The primary reason was they hated Hillary. Guess what? Many of them dislike and/or thoroughly dislike E. Warren.  Do you really want to give them another reason to vote for Trump?

I'm guessing many of them are somewhat or very disappointed with Trump, but they are not going to vote for a candidate who's going to take away their hard earned private health insurance, while simultaneously providing free, lifetime health insurance to illegal immigrants.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

NOPE!    A supposed centrist in todays Overton Window is a republican....have people not been listening to what JB is actually saying.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

Afisher wrote, " The question that will drive my vote is who will move the Overton window to the left.    That, imo, is not Joe Biden.    EW will"

Warren won't be moving any window to the left if she loses the election. Then we'll be faced with the sheer terror of another 4 years of Comrade Trump, which will be far worse than he's been so far. Yes, that is possiible. 

Does any decent American want to take that chance? 

If Joe Biden's elected, he will be at least ten times better than Trump as our President.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22