Elizabeth Warren’s Plan to Pay for “Medicare for All” Is Not Entirely Realistic

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren’s Plan to Pay for “Medicare for All” Is Not Entirely Realistic

Message 11 of 16

@JANMB wrote:

It's LIZ's plan....not written in stone and that's what the public wants   A  PLAN.     I would THINK that it would be understood that congress works rather slowly.     

We cannot keep what we have now-----it's getting worse and worse.  

I'm not fooled about money.     This country is rich enough to afford ANYTHING it prioritizes.    We just need more INCOME to pay for it....and cannot keep giving the rich these writeoffs and tax breaks......The UNDERPAID would be satisfied to pay more taxes if they were paid thousands of dollars more.     

The only tax return we have of this millionaire TRUMP is from 2005.    The write-off from business losses is $100 million.....he paid $38 million on an ADJUSTED rate of $150 million ( 25% tax rate)

Now we don't know what the write-offs were.    But when a company like Amazon paid ZERO...something is wrong and it's all about INCOME TAXES.     

Yep, the resistance isn't just about Warren's health health care plan, it'S also her proposals on taxing the rich and doing away with corporations like Amazon paying a zero tax. She also wan't to reel in the Banks and Wall Street.

Go Elizabeth !

tRumpservatives are nuttier than squirrel poop
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren’s Plan to Pay for “Medicare for All” Is Not Entirely Realistic

Message 12 of 16

It's LIZ's plan....not written in stone and that's what the public wants   A  PLAN.     I would THINK that it would be understood that congress works rather slowly.     

We cannot keep what we have now-----it's getting worse and worse.  

I'm not fooled about money.     This country is rich enough to afford ANYTHING it prioritizes.    We just need more INCOME to pay for it....and cannot keep giving the rich these writeoffs and tax breaks......The UNDERPAID would be satisfied to pay more taxes if they were paid thousands of dollars more.     

The only tax return we have of this millionaire TRUMP is from 2005.    The write-off from business losses is $100 million.....he paid $38 million on an ADJUSTED rate of $150 million ( 25% tax rate)

Now we don't know what the write-offs were.    But when a company like Amazon paid ZERO...something is wrong and it's all about INCOME TAXES.     

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16

All should have no fear there will not be a new plan for the next 4 years. EW is a policy wonk and the best PW around, but some times PW get lost in the desire to create. Once we have a functioning health care system after Trump leaves and the new President has undone all the damage Trump has done to this country including the ACA she will be a big asset in designing the next step which I think will be a medicare for under 65. Time will tell and we will all have a good back and forth then about her new plan.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

Maybe that is why she pivoted today with a NEW plan -

Will it be a winner for her in the run for POTUS - I don't think so . . . . But who am I ?  

She did it before the next debate where others were going to eat her alive. IMO

She has a plan for everything - and they change as the wind blows.

Here is the new one according to the author -

New Republic 11/15/2019 Elizabeth Warren Retreats From Medicare For All - Got A New Plan  

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16

Love her or hate her, here's what an economist has to say.

Economist: Warren is right. Her Medicare for All plan won't raise taxes on the middle class

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Medicare for All. That's why I'm impressed that Senator Elizabeth Warren's campaign reached out to me to independently review her proposed financing plan for the program. Her numbers add up and her plan fully finances the program without imposing any new taxes on middle-class families.

The most important source of revenue for Warren's Medicare for All plan is simply to have businesses pay their employees' health insurance premiums to Medicare instead of private insurance companies. Over time, businesses would be required to pay slightly less to Medicare for health insurance than they would otherwise have paid to private insurers. New small businesses with fewer than 50 employees would not be required to make these payments.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 16 of 16

Mrs. Warren's plan would cost over $30 trillion in the next decade. If the government seized the net worth of all the billionaires in the United States, we would come up with $3-5 trillion. Where is Warren coming up with the other $27 trillion?

Also, does Mrs. Warren realize all these billionaires do not have lot of liquid assets? They would be taxed an amount they could not pay!!

Elizabeth Warren maybe a WORSE candidate than Hillary Clinton. Proposing plans that we cannot pay is bad for the American consumer. If Warren is elected president, the stock market would fall 20-40% immediately. Consumer confidence would erode rapidly.

Not speaking as a pro trump supporter. Speaking as someone that understands basic math. 

“If you’re good at something, never do it for free.”
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors