Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren’s Plan to Pay for “Medicare for All” Is Not Entirely Realistic

Message 1 of 16

@Moscow45 wrote:

I understand the health care system quite well thank you for very much. 

I do know that Trump is making health care more trasparent and easier to understand for the consumer:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/11/15/779707609/trump-wants-insurers-and-hospitals-to... 

I get plenty of news from Fox News. A lot of people in this country like their health care plan (me included). Mrs. Warren's plan would force these people to lose their insurance and force them into an unconstituional system.

All your article says is "trump wants".  I know something he will want after he comes out of office .......... he'll want out of prison, most likely in New York.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren’s Plan to Pay for “Medicare for All” Is Not Entirely Realistic

Message 2 of 16

@Moscow45 wrote:

I do know that Trump is making health care more trasparent and easier to understand for the consumer:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/11/15/779707609/trump-wants-insurers-and-hospitals-to... 

I get plenty of news from Fox News. A lot of people in this country like their health care plan (me included). Mrs. Warren's plan would force these people to lose their insurance and force them into an unconstituional system.

Hate to break the news to you but Trump is ending the ACA if he can. He is already changing  regs which will in the end kill the ACA. Fox and News do not go together. Glad you like your health care. Would you give the Carriers free run on how they price, and what part of the pricing is from the loss ratio, and what are the profit goals of the carriers before and after the ACA. You do know that in Moscow everyone has Govt. Insurance and is treated. How do you feel about that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@Moscow45 wrote:

Elizabeth Warren’s Plan to Pay for “Medicare for All” Is Not Entirely Realistic 

Mrs. Warren's plan would cost over $30 trillion in the next decade. If the government seized the net worth of all the billionaires in the United States, we would come up with $3-5 trillion. Where is Warren coming up with the other $27 trillion?

Also, does Mrs. Warren realize all these billionaires do not have lot of liquid assets? They would be taxed an amount they could not pay!!

Elizabeth Warren maybe a WORSE candidate than Hillary Clinton. Proposing plans that we cannot pay is bad for the American consumer. If Warren is elected president, the stock market would fall 20-40% immediately. Consumer confidence would erode rapidly.

Not speaking as a pro trump supporter. Speaking as someone that understands basic math. 

The one thing you do not understand is the Health Care system. Contact your local or State AARP Office they should know of some good places you could go and learn the system.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@Moscow45 wrote:

And what is Mrs. Warren's plan? Promise everything and deliver as little as possible?

- universal child care

- cancel all student debt

- free college

- increase spending on public schools

- clean energy technology

- Increase ssn benefits by $200 a month

- expanding the estate tax to make more affordable housing

- Medicare for all

Oh, you mean like a 2 trillion dollar infrastructure plan?  A wall that Mexico will pay for?  A healthplan better than the ACA, with more coverage and cheaper that will cover everyone?  Like that???

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

And what is Mrs. Warren's plan? Promise everything and deliver as little as possible?

- universal child care

- cancel all student debt

- free college

- increase spending on public schools

- clean energy technology

- Increase ssn benefits by $200 a month

- expanding the estate tax to make more affordable housing

- Medicare for all

How does Mrs. Warren plan to pay for all these?

Tax, taxes, and more taxes.

Tax on employers

Tax on the wealthy

Raising taxes on companies that operate in foreign companies

Tax on stock trades

Cut military spending

Make banks pay more fees

Fact: Our federal spending is about 57.8 trillion. Mrs. Warren's plan would cost about $30 trillion. Our government would have to increase federal spending by over 50%.

Tell me how this is possible again?

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

This topic could have been appropriately posted by a lobbyist for Big Pharma, the Insurance Giants, and America's Big Corporate owned  health care providers.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@GailL1 wrote:

So what tax deductions for a Corp. do you think need to be changed???All of them that do not relate to INCREASING jobs here in America. Whatever foolishness allows Corporations to earn the money here and shift it to a PO Box in Ireland (or wherever) MUST GO!

Do you think they are taking deductions that they should not take?  overstating them?

They need to pay some type of minimum tax - how much?

Corps really don't pay taxes - they just pass them along to others as a cost of doing business.Nonsense! Jacking prices costs sales, lost sales REDUCES profits. They have lard-ladden Executive compensations packages to tap first, and to encourage them, we need to repeal the Reagan Taxscam so the Execs cannot keep all the loot they give themselves. Shift the money to the workers who will SPEND it, driving up demand which drives up economic growth instead of leaving it with those who already satisfy their needs with 30% of income and simply get richer every year.

But I really would like to know why you think Amazon (or whatever) should pay something when they are obeying the whatever IRS law as to computation of the amount. That's the problem - the current system allows billions in profits to go untaxed because Republicans wrote the laws to satisfy their Coprorate Oligarchs, not the needs of the Nation.

People as well as companies do use tax strategies to lower their due amount - that is a smart thing to do because it is their money - but tax planning/ tax strategies are within the law. Again, that is true, so CHANGE THE LAW! In the 1960's HALF of all Federal Revenue came from Corporate Taxes, and the economy was growing at 4-5% every year. Now Corporations account for 9% of total revenues and "growth"(sic) is 1-2%. Does that tell you today's tax laws are better for AMERICA, or just for Corporations and the 1%?

Before tRump gave $1.4TRILLION to the Corporations, we were getting allong just fine, and since none of the Corporations used their gift to create more jobs for Americans, we'll get allong much better if we also repeal the tRump Tax Scam.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

I'd love to see religious institutions pay taxes. How much would that bring in? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

@JANMB wrote:

It's LIZ's plan....not written in stone and that's what the public wants   A  PLAN.     I would THINK that it would be understood that congress works rather slowly.     

We cannot keep what we have now-----it's getting worse and worse.  

I'm not fooled about money.     This country is rich enough to afford ANYTHING it prioritizes.    We just need more INCOME to pay for it....and cannot keep giving the rich these writeoffs and tax breaks......The UNDERPAID would be satisfied to pay more taxes if they were paid thousands of dollars more.     

The only tax return we have of this millionaire TRUMP is from 2005.    The write-off from business losses is $100 million.....he paid $38 million on an ADJUSTED rate of $150 million ( 25% tax rate)

Now we don't know what the write-offs were.    But when a company like Amazon paid ZERO...something is wrong and it's all about INCOME TAXES.     

In that case, any of those running can come up with a PLAN and then change it willy-nilly as public opinion flows, pro or con.

So what tax deductions for a Corp. do you think need to be changed???

Do you think they are taking deductions that they should not take?  overstating them?

They need to pay some type of minimum tax - how much?

Corps really don't pay taxes - they just pass them along to others as a cost of doing business.

But I really would like to know why you think Amazon (or whatever) should pay something when they are obeying the whatever IRS law as to computation of the amount.

People as well as companies do use tax strategies to lower their due amount - that is a smart thing to do because it is their money - but tax planning/ tax strategies are within the law.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors