Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 13

I read an interesting article on Elizabeth Warren declining FOX Townhall
MAY 17, 2019

Elizabeth Warren Was Smart to Tell FOX to Go to Heil.

FOX remains the most watched cable news channel, but let’s dig a little deeper.

Younger people are abandoning FOX in droves.
Pew Research (one of the most reliable polling agencies) found some very interesting demographic information going into 2020. They note:
“Baby Boomers and older generations, who will be ages 56 and older next year, are expected to account for fewer than four-in-ten eligible voters in 2020. This is a significant change from 2000, when nearly seven-in-ten eligible voters (68%) were Boomers.
The numbers speak for themselves. Voters are getting younger, less white, and more progressive. And FOX is losing young viewership.

So then who exactly would Warren have been speaking to on FOX?

Mostly old, white Boomers who are already politically decided and not terribly interested in listening to a woman they’ve been conditioned for years to loathe.

The number of conservatives actually willing to engage in critical thought via FOX is likely low, though it must be said that Bernie Sanders performed well on FOX.

And so, rather than trying to reach for some small number of open-minded FOX viewers, Warren is pursuing a very different strategy, one which could pay off bigtime.

Elizabeth Warren is fighting to create a space for herself.

Unlike Bernie Sanders, Warren does not have an already existing grassroots movement of hundreds of thousands supporting her.
Nor does she have the benefit of having been the Vice President to Barack Obama who, despite his warmongering imperialism and general disregard of workers in favor of the rich, is now seen as wildly popular and successful as president.
And so Biden, unlike Warren, has the benefit of not needing a fully formed movement to back him as he rides the coattails of Obama’s legacy.
At the same time Warren is desperate to become the fallback option for the #NeverBernie crowd which is substantial. So much animosity remains from the 2016 campaign that there are plenty of Democrats I’ve spoken to who said they will not vote for Bernie unless it’s between he and Trump. This means that if the Clintonite candidates like Harris, Booker, Gillibrand, O’Rourke, Buttigieg, etc. fizzle out, there will be a significant number of voters looking for a landing spot. And Warren wants to be that landing spot.

So Warren has made a very calculated strategic decision to set herself apart from Sanders in that regard.

Sanders plays nice with FOX so Warren punches them in the nose.

This is how you make yourself into an interesting candidate, regardless of whether you agree with the tactic.

My own parents (who both watch FOX regularly) would NEVER self-identify as right wing conservative Republicans. They’d typically say they are “independent” but always end up voting Republican.
So are there “Independents” watching FOX? Yes. Are there actually Independents watching FOX? Not a chance.

But there is something else that separates Sanders and Warren: their opponents.

As already mentioned, Sanders has the benefit of a huge movement behind him. This affords him the luxury of running against two similar candidates – Joe Biden and Donald Trump. He is staring at Biden in the primary, and it is Biden who really dominates with the 55+ crowd that could potentially be watching FOX. Similarly, he is running against Trump who has potentially alienated some small, though significant, proportion of the FOX audience. For these reasons, Sanders going on FOX makes sense.

For Elizabeth Warren, rejecting FOX's News casts herself as the crusader of truth against the mouthpieces of Trumpian lies. It’s not a bad move.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/05/17/elizabeth-warren-was-smart-to-tell-fox-to-go-to-hell/

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13
Speaking for the minions.... we agree. We promise to leave our guns and Bibles in the truck.

I thought Bernie and Amy did well in their town halls. Since Fox has the largest audience of cable news channels by far, the low identity candidates would benefit. In addition.... it'll prepare them for the potential onslaught from our president, and still champion, Donald J Trump.

Amy was bueno ... Bernie, no ser tan bueno

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

Logic is a foreign concept to Trump Cult members, who distort reality every day (including my earlier post), while listening to the Fox Propaganda Network. So let me repeat what I said previously in this thread. I want to make sure even a Trump minion can understand what I'm saying. 

• Every Democratic presidential candidate should go on Fox and answer whatever questions they're asked. 
  • The Democratic Party should have at least one of their presidential primary debates on Fox.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

I'm somewhat disappointed in Elizabeth Warren, but I can understand why she would be reluctant to appear on FOX Town Hall debate.

She, being one of the more progressive Democratic candidates, would have to withstand the heat from FOX during the debate.

I think FOX will be extra tough on her after they were embarrassed by Bernie Sanders in the previous FOX Townhall. So, in that sense it's a wise move.

FOX does have a large viewing audience - larger than CNN or MSNBC, so you have to be careful. FOX is looking for any slight mistake so they can plaster it all over their news in soundbites.

I see democratic candidate Any Klobuchar accepted the FOX invitation, but she's not nearly as progressive as Elizabeth Warren.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@easyed598 wrote:

Richva wrote-I'm sorry but I have not been able to find where she made a  reference to beer. Please provide a link to the quote.  Unless you got it from Fox News and then we all just roll our eyes and say "oh them"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth Warren drinking a beer on Instagram Live gets mixed reactions - YouTube

I think you missed the question.  I do not doubt for one minute that Elizabeth Warren has had a beer or two.  I do, however, doubt the accuracy of your statement.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Richva wrote-I'm sorry but I have not been able to find where she made a  reference to beer. Please provide a link to the quote.  Unless you got it from Fox News and then we all just roll our eyes and say "oh them"----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth Warren drinking a beer on Instagram Live gets mixed reactions - YouTube

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

Critical wrote-I understand why she doesn't want to go on Fox. Intelligent people understand it's not a news network, it's a right wing propaganda network following in the footsteps of Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's Minister of Propaganda.

I also think the Dems are making a big mistake by failing to have one of their Presidential primaries on Fox. What's wrong with them?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So you would suggest that all the Dem candidates who aren`t intelligent  should go on FOX for  one of their primary  debates?  I don`t think Fox can accommadate 24 candidates at the same time.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@easyed598 wrote:

Elizabeth  warren says she won`t appear on the number 1 cable news channel (Fox news)unless she can bring a couple of beers to drink.LOL

I'm sorry but I have not been able to find where she made a  reference to beer. Please provide a link to the quote.  Unless you got it from Fox News and then we all just roll our eyes and say "oh them"

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

I disagree with Elizabeth Warren, she should go on Fox. I think she's making a mistake. But in the end, it won't matter, because she'll never come close to getting the nomination. 

I understand why she doesn't want to go on Fox. Intelligent people understand it's not a news network, it's a right wing propaganda network following in the footsteps of Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's Minister of Propaganda.

I also think the Dems are making a big mistake by failing to have one of their Presidential primaries on Fox. What's wrong with them?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

HATE FOR PROFIT, is really not worth bothering with.     What she learned is that Iowa Republicans like a lot of what she is saying.     That is when they hear her in person...so why bother with the Hate for Profit gangster channel.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors