Reply
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
165
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

165 Views
Message 1 of 36

Leader of the "Party of No":


Hillary Clinton: "Universal Healthcare will never, ever come to pass."


Hillary Clinton Gets $13 Million From Health Industry.


Now Says Single-Payer Will “Never, Ever Come To Pass­”

 

(2016)


Closing out her Iowa campaign, Hillary Clinton on Friday declared that the Medicare-for-all proposal pushed by her Democratic primary opponent and many liberal groups will “never, ever come to pass.”


The statement came weeks after a new poll showed most Americans support the idea.
Her declaration was a reversal of her position two decades ago — which came before she received millions of dollars of campaign cash from the health industry.


https://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/hillary-clinton-gets-13-million-health-industry-now-says-s...

 

++++++++++++++++++++

 

The National Union of Healthcare Workers announced that the members of the union have voted to endorse both Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Sen. Bernie Sanders.


Fifteen thousand NUHW members in California were eligible to vote by text and email in an election that was run by an outside voting firm.


The gap between the frontrunners was so close that the union’s executive board decided on Wednesday, after a review of the vote outcome, that the most appropriate reflection of the will of the membership was to offer grassroots support to both the Warren and Sanders campaigns.


https://nuhw.org/nuhw-members-endorse-warren-sanders-president/

 

 

warren bernie together.jpg

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
165
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
176
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

176 Views
Message 2 of 36

@gordyfl wrote:

What I like about Medicare for all is that Medicare is much more efficient than private private insurance companies as I've posted previously. But until the Democrats come up with a Senate majority we can forget about it.

 

If the Democrats fight for Medicare for All they will get a Senate majority. You don't win by becoming the Party of No.


Your lips to God's ears.

Patriotism means to stand by the country.
It does not mean to stand by the president. — Theodore Roosevelt
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
176
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
178
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

178 Views
Message 3 of 36

@john258 wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

60 years ago - John F. Kennedy: "We are behind nearly every country in Europe."

 

 


He was correct. What did we do. Well we got Medicare for over 65. Clinton tried to move us toward joining the rest of the world, but the far right Reb. got involved, and all we got was CHIP which was a small step. Bush got us a drug program for age 65 and over, which lacked a lot. Obama got us the ACA which was a major step even after it was watered down. So we have made progress. One thing in all of these steps is that a lot of the general public at first opposed them, and that is one reason we are not further along. Look at the ACA start. Go read the posts in here from people at the start, and now read posts from some of the same people on how they love the ACA. Why the change? People now understand it. If people had understood the full health care system years ago we would be a lot further along to joining the rest of the world on health coverage in spite of the far right. Lets change that and push for all to learn the full system so we can move quicker.


You're correct that many more people understand the need for Universal Coverage, but since Reagan killed The Fairness Doctrine for broadcasting, nearly half the people listen to the unrelenting stream of LIES from the GOPerLords on Fox, Breightbart, Infowars, etc., and are made more ignorant by the day.

 

One thing the FoxBots do not understand is how GOPers constantly give dollar amounts that are spread over TEN YEARS solely for the purpose of confusing their audience about how we'll pay for it. We can pay for it by repealing the Reagan Taxscam.

 

How can we do that?

Go back to the rules broadcasters worked with since 1949 and people will understand what's really going on in Washington.

 

Then go back to the income tax brackets been paying from 1965 until 1981 WITH NO ILL EFFECT and the money for Universal Health Care AND a constantly IMPROVING infrastructure is immediately available.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
178
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

190 Views
Message 4 of 36

60 years ago - John F. Kennedy: "We are behind nearly every country in Europe."

 

Democrats 60 years later: "It's too expensive."

 

 

healthcare unaffordable.jpg

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
190
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
244
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

244 Views
Message 5 of 36

@gordyfl wrote:

60 years ago - John F. Kennedy: "We are behind nearly every country in Europe."

 

 


He was correct. What did we do. Well we got Medicare for over 65. Clinton tried to move us toward joining the rest of the world, but the far right Reb. got involved, and all we got was CHIP which was a small step. Bush got us a drug program for age 65 and over, which lacked a lot. Obama got us the ACA which was a major step even after it was watered down. So we have made progress. One thing in all of these steps is that a lot of the general public at first opposed them, and that is one reason we are not further along. Look at the ACA start. Go read the posts in here from people at the start, and now read posts from some of the same people on how they love the ACA. Why the change? People now understand it. If people had understood the full health care system years ago we would be a lot further along to joining the rest of the world on health coverage in spite of the far right. Lets change that and push for all to learn the full system so we can move quicker.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
244
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
272
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

272 Views
Message 6 of 36

60 years ago - John F. Kennedy: "We are behind nearly every country in Europe."

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
272
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
301
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

301 Views
Message 7 of 36

@gordyfl wrote:

If you use the ER and you aren't able to pay your bill you can still be chased down by a collection agency. Not in Canada. 

 

m4a bill 3.jpg

 


There is move in some states to stop that underway. Mine is one of them. The hospitals have been getting some bad TV time over it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
301
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
306
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

306 Views
Message 8 of 36

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:


 


By the numbers. 1. You are correct it is not part of the Insurance System, but the costs of ER care are carried over into the payment part of the Insurance system and we pay higher rates. 2. Everyone in the USA can get medical treatment whether they can pay for it or not fact. We have a form of medicare for all system, as the system is treatment not insurance. 3. You are correct you expand Medicaid and that is what the ACA did for all 50 states, but it was thrown out by the court and left to each state so we have a mess. The public option was part of the ACA but was taken out due to the Senator from CT not willing to vote for it so it was left to the states. You do not understand the public option and how it works. 4. Medicare care for all is everyone can get treatment period, and that is what we have. 5 The total cost have never been added up for our total system, Fact is they have never been studied and that is why people think they know how to do it. Those people do not understand the system. I was on a 4 lane highway this weekend which has reduced accidents quite a bit after being built. That highway expense reduced the cost of our total health care system. Taxes on soda to stop people from getting sick are used for general expense items yet they are collected for health care. Sadly most fall in to the group which do not understand health system costing, and until that is done you can not and will not be able to really improve the entire system. 6. We will not get a system that meets our needs until people understand our entire health care system, and most do not. What I gave you are facts that neither you nor I can change period. I say again to you learn the entire system then start posting. The biggest problem we have now is lack of understanding by most people, and until that changes you get things like the costs Warren put out which hurt not help moving forwarded toward a good total system. I say again learn the system.



1)  Yep, everyone that buys insurance pays higher rates because of those who use the emergency rooms. NOT a good thing and nothing like a Medicare For All plan, no matter how many times you make that erroneous claim

2)  Just because people can get treatment today it is not like Medicare For All, regardless of  how many times you say it is,

3)  Yes, I understand the public option and how it would work, not "how it works"          because it isn't in place. If someone disagrees with you you simply say they "don't          know the plan" or  they "don't know how it works". You are often wrong about that,          as in this case.

4)  Medicare for All is most certainly not just "everyone can get treatment period", you are grossly wrong about that.  Medicare For All is a single payer universal health care plan that is funded completely different than the way health care is funded today and it is the same coverage for everyone, something we don't have today. The more statements like that you make the more it looks like you don't understand how health care works.

5)  You keep saying that no one knows the system yet you say that you don't know how much is spent on health care today. Sounds like you don't "know the system" any better than anyone else, more especially people like me. If you don't know how much is spent on health care today how can you possibly say that Medicare For All will cost more than the total of what is spent today? You make judgements about cost comparisons between Medicare for All and what we have today without knowing what is spent today, which makes absolutely no sense at all. You then claim that others should "learn the system and then start posting".  I think that you are the one who needs to "learn the system" and start posting instead of making wild claims about soda and Interstate highways. If the cost of building interstates, making soda, and many other things like that are included in the cost of health care today, then it builds even a better case for Medicare For All. 

 

Learn the subject instead of accusing everyone else of not knowing it.


By the numbers;

1. Thanks for proving my point you do not understand the system.

2. Same

3. It is in effect in some states, and was in effect in quite a few states. It was put out of business by the far right reb. with rule changes. When started the grants from the feds to fund it were grants that did not have to be paid back thus by State accounting rules an asset to the plan. The rule was changed to a loan so it had to be paid out, and that threw the public option plans in a number of States into bankruptcy by State Insurance laws. See what happens when you know the subject.

4. I notice you made quite a few statements but provided no reasoning for them, and they are not true. Medicare for all does not have to be single payer. That is one type. Knowing the subject helps.

5.You are totally confused. No one knows the total cost of the entire health care system and we need to get that cost. Fact is medicare for all single payer type is the cheapest form of Insurance type you will find, and I have always said that. You are mixed up again. You comments about the soda tax, and reduced highway accidents on total health care really prove you do not have an understanding of the system.

 

I would say to all. Read the answer I got and you have the proof that you have to know the system before commenting on it. When you do not there is no way you help make the improvements you want. So I say again to all learn the entire system. The ACA is a stepping stone to a single payer for all under 65 system which will in the end will be the cheapest. The entire system must be reworked. First step to assist that know the full system.


Thank you for proving my point, you don't "understand the system" and you simply tell anyone that disagrees with you that they "don't understand the system. You are totally confused, NO sense if trying to have rational debate with you.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
306
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
308
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

308 Views
Message 9 of 36

If you use the ER and you aren't able to pay your bill you can still be chased down by a collection agency. Not in Canada. Not with "Medicare for All"

 

This is under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Obamacare:

 

m4a bill 3.jpg

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
308
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
316
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

316 Views
Message 10 of 36

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:


 


By the numbers. 1. You are correct it is not part of the Insurance System, but the costs of ER care are carried over into the payment part of the Insurance system and we pay higher rates. 2. Everyone in the USA can get medical treatment whether they can pay for it or not fact. We have a form of medicare for all system, as the system is treatment not insurance. 3. You are correct you expand Medicaid and that is what the ACA did for all 50 states, but it was thrown out by the court and left to each state so we have a mess. The public option was part of the ACA but was taken out due to the Senator from CT not willing to vote for it so it was left to the states. You do not understand the public option and how it works. 4. Medicare care for all is everyone can get treatment period, and that is what we have. 5 The total cost have never been added up for our total system, Fact is they have never been studied and that is why people think they know how to do it. Those people do not understand the system. I was on a 4 lane highway this weekend which has reduced accidents quite a bit after being built. That highway expense reduced the cost of our total health care system. Taxes on soda to stop people from getting sick are used for general expense items yet they are collected for health care. Sadly most fall in to the group which do not understand health system costing, and until that is done you can not and will not be able to really improve the entire system. 6. We will not get a system that meets our needs until people understand our entire health care system, and most do not. What I gave you are facts that neither you nor I can change period. I say again to you learn the entire system then start posting. The biggest problem we have now is lack of understanding by most people, and until that changes you get things like the costs Warren put out which hurt not help moving forwarded toward a good total system. I say again learn the system.



1)  Yep, everyone that buys insurance pays higher rates because of those who use the emergency rooms. NOT a good thing and nothing like a Medicare For All plan, no matter how many times you make that erroneous claim

2)  Just because people can get treatment today it is not like Medicare For All, regardless of  how many times you say it is,

3)  Yes, I understand the public option and how it would work, not "how it works"          because it isn't in place. If someone disagrees with you you simply say they "don't          know the plan" or  they "don't know how it works". You are often wrong about that,          as in this case.

4)  Medicare for All is most certainly not just "everyone can get treatment period", you are grossly wrong about that.  Medicare For All is a single payer universal health care plan that is funded completely different than the way health care is funded today and it is the same coverage for everyone, something we don't have today. The more statements like that you make the more it looks like you don't understand how health care works.

5)  You keep saying that no one knows the system yet you say that you don't know how much is spent on health care today. Sounds like you don't "know the system" any better than anyone else, more especially people like me. If you don't know how much is spent on health care today how can you possibly say that Medicare For All will cost more than the total of what is spent today? You make judgements about cost comparisons between Medicare for All and what we have today without knowing what is spent today, which makes absolutely no sense at all. You then claim that others should "learn the system and then start posting".  I think that you are the one who needs to "learn the system" and start posting instead of making wild claims about soda and Interstate highways. If the cost of building interstates, making soda, and many other things like that are included in the cost of health care today, then it builds even a better case for Medicare For All. 

 

Learn the subject instead of accusing everyone else of not knowing it.


By the numbers;

1. Thanks for proving my point you do not understand the system.

2. Same

3. It is in effect in some states, and was in effect in quite a few states. It was put out of business by the far right reb. with rule changes. When started the grants from the feds to fund it were grants that did not have to be paid back thus by State accounting rules an asset to the plan. The rule was changed to a loan so it had to be paid out, and that threw the public option plans in a number of States into bankruptcy by State Insurance laws. See what happens when you know the subject.

4. I notice you made quite a few statements but provided no reasoning for them, and they are not true. Medicare for all does not have to be single payer. That is one type. Knowing the subject helps.

5.You are totally confused. No one knows the total cost of the entire health care system and we need to get that cost. Fact is medicare for all single payer type is the cheapest form of Insurance type you will find, and I have always said that. You are mixed up again. You comments about the soda tax, and reduced highway accidents on total health care really prove you do not have an understanding of the system.

 

I would say to all. Read the answer I got and you have the proof that you have to know the system before commenting on it. When you do not there is no way you help make the improvements you want. So I say again to all learn the entire system. The ACA is a stepping stone to a single payer for all under 65 system which will in the end will be the cheapest. The entire system must be reworked. First step to assist that know the full system.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
316
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.


gamer Regan C.

Top Authors