AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

Message 21 of 36

@gordyfl wrote:

I do believe Senator Warren needs to check her numbers. Looks like the NYSE and Nasdaq trade around $148Trillion, or $148,000Billion each year.

Take one-hundredth of a percent, move the decimal point 4 places...

Elizabeth Warren's stock transaction tax is 0.1% percent (one tenth percent).

Financial Transactions Tax

Impose a tax on the purchase of most stocks, bonds, and other debt obligations of 0.1 percent of its value and on the purchase of derivatives of 0.1 percent of all payments made under the terms of the derivative contract. Estimated to raise $800 billion from 2020-2029.

https://taxfoundation.org/elizabeth-warren-medicare-for-all-tax-proposals/

Thanks for the clarification - read the wrong report on Warren's plan, my bad.

So her estimate is UNDERstated by 85% - good deal!...but still like to "see the work" on her estimates.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 36

@john258 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

We already have a type of Medi Care for all so her starting point is not true. 

Sorry John, but no we don't "already have a type of Medicare For All".  The fact is that we have nothing even abstractly similar to Medicare For All.

Why can America not do what all other developed nations do? Well ......... we can, and we should.

Everyone in the USA can get medical treatment now and has been able to for the last 100 years. Just go to the ER and you will be treated. That is a type of medicare for all. Not a good type but a type. That is fact and until all understand the health care system in total and how it is paid for it becomes hard to improve it. If all new the system we could come up with a total cost of the full system, and that would be a common starting point used in all improvements. You would not get the type of numbers we have gotten from Warren for what she looks at as a fix to the system. All must be on the same page and that means learning the system. America can do what every other country has done with health care. What America lacks is the will of a lot of its people to understand what we have now, and allowing the far right under people like Trump to govern. Want to change that the first step is to understand what we have now.

Being able to "go to the ER" does not provide quality health care in a person's everyday life, sorry but that is a fact. It also drives the cost of health care for everyone else upwards, a simple fact. You may think you are the only one that understands the health care system in America but you are certainly not.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 36

What I like about Medicare for all is that Medicare is much more efficient than private private insurance companies as I've posted previously. But until the Democrats come up with a Senate majority we can forget about it.

If the Democrats fight for Medicare for All they will get a Senate majority. You don't win by becoming the Party of No.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 36

What I like about Medicare for all is that Medicare is much more efficient than private private insurance companies as I've posted previously. But until the Democrats come up with a Senate majority we can forget about it.

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” — Krishnamurti
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 36

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Sorry John, but no we don't "already have a type of Medicare For All".  The fact is that we have nothing even abstractly similar to Medicare For All.

Why can America not do what all other developed nations do? Well ......... we can, and we should.

Everyone in the USA can get medical treatment now and has been able to for the last 100 years. Just go to the ER and you will be treated. That is a type of medicare for all. Not a good type but a type. That is fact and until all understand the health care system in total and how it is paid for it becomes hard to improve it. If all new the system we could come up with a total cost of the full system, and that would be a common starting point used in all improvements. You would not get the type of numbers we have gotten from Warren for what she looks at as a fix to the system. All must be on the same page and that means learning the system. America can do what every other country has done with health care. What America lacks is the will of a lot of its people to understand what we have now, and allowing the far right under people like Trump to govern. Want to change that the first step is to understand what we have now.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 36

I do believe Senator Warren needs to check her numbers. Looks like the NYSE and Nasdaq trade around $148Trillion, or $148,000Billion each year.

Take one-hundredth of a percent, move the decimal point 4 places...

Elizabeth Warren's stock transaction tax is 0.1% percent (one tenth percent).

Financial Transactions Tax

Impose a tax on the purchase of most stocks, bonds, and other debt obligations of 0.1 percent of its value and on the purchase of derivatives of 0.1 percent of all payments made under the terms of the derivative contract. Estimated to raise $800 billion from 2020-2029.

https://taxfoundation.org/elizabeth-warren-medicare-for-all-tax-proposals/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 36

@john258 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 36

Let me say again. There will be no such plan in the next 4 years as the next President will spend full time fixing the mess Trump has created. The numbers in her plan are not based on fact so why is everyone still playing the silly game. All you do is help Trump/ We need less distractions and more real efforts to end mob Boss Trumps rule.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 36

@john258 wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

warren tax plan healthcare.jpg

Not a good approach by her. She seems not to understand the current system. There are better ways. Go read my post on this the thread that covers the same subject and you will see one way.

I do believe Senator Warren needs to check her numbers. Looks like the NYSE and Nasdaq trade around $148Trillion, or $148,000Billion each year. Take one-hundredth of a percent, move the decimal point 4 places to the left gives $14.8Billion/year, $148Billion for 10 years, not $800Billion. NYSE trades 6.43Billion shares each day, their average share price is $67 and Nasdaq trades 1.57 Billion shares at $101/share and both are open 251 days each year.

Always thought stock trades should have a Federal Sales tax attached, so I'm 100% behind her on that, but either she needs to make the tax 0.06% (also a good idea) or find $650Billion somewhere else. I recommend she repeal the Reagan taxscam and collect an additional $2.4TRILLION every year while reducing the average family's Federal income tax by about 1/3. If that's not enough to rebuild after 50 years of Republican induced "benign neglect" for our schools, roads, electrical grid et al, then get rid of the special treatment of capital gains and make all inherited wealth taxed as income in the year it's received, but give EVERYONE a $1,000,000 deduction for inheritances, that's individuals and charities.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Elizabeth Warren' Healthcare Details

Message 30 of 36

I agree with Gary's comments. I documented the actual numbers in another thread. Many economists think Warren's plans to pay for MFA belong in a Fantasy World. 

As I stated in another thread, Warren's MFA plan is the Democrats version of "Mexico Will Pay for the Wall." Another way of looking at it, if you want to give Donald Trump a great shot at being re-elected, support Elizabeth Warren or Bernie.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22