Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren Buys The Native American Vote

Message 1 of 7

Did anyone else notice that the title of the thread changed from "Pocahontas" to "Elizabeth Warren"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Elizabeth Warren Buys The Native American Vote

Message 2 of 7

Ok, so I will blow up the thread. I’m a lawyer. One of the most fundamental tenets of Amercian common law, adopted from British common law, is that there is no right without a remedy. That’s why people get millions in civil law suits. You can’t give them back their arm lost in a manufacturing incident. But you can give them cash.

I think Native Americans and African Americans (those descended from slavery) should get reparations.

If Warren said it was because of racism against Native Americans, I think she’s sugar coating it; it was full out Genocide. 

I would do a Universal Basic Income, $12,000 for adults and $4,000 a year for kids. Regardless of income.  This immediately lifts people out of poverty. (See 2019 Federal Poverty Guidelines). It helps people save for college, get a house, etc. and infuses spending money into the economy in a completely different and more effective way than tax cuts for the uber  wealthy.

All right, go freak out and tear it apart. 😉. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Elizabeth Warren Buys The Native American Vote

Message 3 of 7

Have we ever considered that America’s

first act of imminent domain was against the Native population that had lived off of this land for many, many years. And they didn’t get much in return, did they, when conquered and abused them.  They were killed or given land which had very little to offer them. Small wonder that they might hate the “white man”...

come to think of it, not much has changed, some white men are still taking advantage of others...with little to offer in return!

And it would seem that these white men have no concept of being in harmony with Mother Nature or Planet Earth!

Never Forget 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@mandm84 wrote:

jfpinlvn , again your source "foxnews" is an oxymoron. They are nothing but " Opinions Done Right" and they publicize same.

Fox is not anything close to "news".

It is purely and completely biased, prejudiced, white racist right wingnut propaganda for an obtuse audience of fools that voted for trump and support him - fools who are unwittingly Putin's helpers...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

I don't get it, racism against Native Americans isn't working against Native Americans?

I mean it does for white people who are racist against Native Americans.

But Native Americans don't buy into that?

Must be something wrong with them

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

jfpinlvn , again your source "foxnews" is an oxymoron. They are nothing but " Opinions Done Right" and they publicize same.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 7 of 7

Elizabeth Warren says reparations for Native Americans should be 'part of the conversation'

2020 presidential hopeful Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., expanded on an already-radical proposal on Friday, telling reporters that Native Americans should be “part of the conversation” on reparations for African-Americans -- a move that threatens to bring back her own history with Native Americans.

Taking questions from reporters ahead of a Democratic Party fundraiser in Manchester, N.H., Warren, she said that America has an “ugly history of racism” and outlined her ways to tackle it -- including the possibility of reparations.

“We need to confront it head-on and we need to talk about the right away to address it and make change,” she said.

Warren had said in a statement to The New York Times this week that “we must confront the dark history of slavery and government-sanctioned discrimination in this country that has had many consequences, including undermining the ability of black families to build wealth in America for generations.”

“We need systemic, structural changes to address that,” she said.

On Friday, asked whether she would include Native Americans in her support for reparations, Warren answered: “I think it’s a part of the conversation. It’s an important part of the conversation.”

More at:https://www.foxnews.com/politics/elizabeth-warren-says-native-americans-should-be-part-of-the-conver...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors