Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Eight Republicans celebrate July 4 in Russia

Message 1 of 6

No the Male Republican's in Congress and Supreme Ct. think they should decide whether all women give birth regardless of the circumstances. What are we back in the 1950's GOP ?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Putin is busy getting his list together for his visit with Trump in Helsinki. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6
@umbarch54

Not unusual. According to the bio, Ron Johnson does not 'believe' man's activities are a contributing cause to global warming despite the evidence. Except for 'incest', he opposes abortion...no further conditions attached or apparently considered. That has meaning, so it does. I shouldn't have to elaborate further...you all understand...right?

What about rape? Does a rape victim have to keep that baby. His wife, his daughter? Trumps wife or daughter?

All they seem to think about is ABORTION. It s not easy for a woman to have an abortion, but it's her body. and you can bet your life if I had ever been raped I would not of had that baby.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@gruffstuff wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eight-republicans-spent-july-4-in-russia-where-are-the-firew...

Eight Republicans pick the worst possible place to celebrate July 4

What does July 4th mean to me? Freedom,” Sen. Ron Johnson chirruped on Twitter on Independence Day.

We have all become accustomed to what appears so frequently on Twitter.  The 'new normal'. Johnson's bio says he is a TEA Party aficionado.  Johnson has unwaveringly defended and supported 'the donald', not taking issue with the truthfulness of the  'dear leader's tweets anywhere I've seen. If 'the dear leader' says it's gospel, it is...even if it is different tomorrow.  Significantly, Johnson is an evangelical Lutheran.  'Freedom' may not mean the same thing to you as it does to Ron Johnson...or 'the donald' for that matter. 

What he 'says' may not comport well with what he does.  Much the same as it is with the 'dear leader'.   All this may not mean much to you, unless you can vote in Wisconsin.  But it is still something to mull over.  He is in Russia representing himself as a spokesMAN of the United States by virtue of his meeting with Russian Officials.  He can easily compound misconceptions created by the 'dear leader' in regard to the United States.

I hasten to point out that America consists of two enormous continents which contain multiple Nations.  The United States is only one of them.  MAGA does not mean what it says.  Can't.  Lacks specificity.  Forget the 'everybody understands that' crap...not everybody does.

Not unusual.  According to the bio, Ron Johnson does not 'believe' man's activities are a contributing cause to global warming despite the evidence.  Except for 'incest', he opposes abortion...no further conditions attached or apparently considered.  That has meaning, so it does.  I shouldn't have to elaborate further...you all understand...right?

What say you?  Should he and his crew be meeting with Russian Officials?  I say he has no business representing his views as those officially that of the United States or its Citizens. That will not, of course, stop him from doing just that.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

And why not. probably they went to get some money for their campaign and also reserve some future dates for their cabinet meetings.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Eight Republicans celebrate July 4 in Russia

Message 6 of 6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eight-republicans-spent-july-4-in-russia-where-are-the-firew...

Eight Republicans pick the worst possible place to celebrate July 4

What does July 4th mean to me? Freedom,” Sen. Ron Johnson chirruped on Twitter on Independence Day.

For the Wisconsin Republican, it meant, specifically, the freedom to spend July 4 in Moscow with seven other Republican lawmakers posing for propaganda photos with Russian officials. On the same day it was reported in Britain that two more people had been poisoned by a Russian nerve agent British officials say came from Vladimir Putin’s regime. On the day after the Senate Intelligence Committee affirmed the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia interfered in the election to help Donald Trump.

Johnson and his colleagues apparently exercised their freedom not to meet with opposition or civil society figures (those whom the Putin regime has not imprisoned or killed), avoiding the risk of offending their hosts. They also exercised their freedom to soft-pedal their criticism of the Russian government, leading Russian politicians and state media to mock them as supplicants.

Yet despite this lavish display of the freedom to kowtow, they didn’t get the meeting they hoped for with Putin himself. He was busy, the Kremlin said.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors