Reply
Moderator
0
Kudos
287
Views

Re: Economy Slowing Down!

287 Views
Message 1 of 44

Hello everyone,

 

Whilst we welcome robust debate, we ask that everyone abides by the guidelines.

 

Please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
287
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
305
Views

Re: Economy Slowing Down!

305 Views
Message 2 of 44

@CriticalThinking 

Very good post. Trump supporters seem to take on the character of trump: talk thru people, never admit that you are wrong, even when you are, or cannot prove your point. Projection, always blame others for what you are doing.

Always play the victim, there is no way that you can be responsible for your actions, and others are trying to cause you harm. And definitely support someone who is a compulsive liar...why

let the truth get in the way! And above all support the party, not our Country or it’s Citizens. 

Is that why they call them a cult?!

 

And thru his magic touch, trump will find a way to sink the economy...then blame Obama!

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
305
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
323
Views

Re: Economy Slowing Down!

323 Views
Message 3 of 44

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Jim is missing the point again. Of course the economy goes in cycles, but Trump is causing a self inflicted wound on the economy doesn't need.  And that is starting a tariff war and possibly a global trade war.

 

For decades, Republicans universally stood for FREE TRADE and No Tariffs? Then Trump arrived on the scene.


Yeah, I understand...  

 

It’s just amazing to me that the never Trumpers and dimms sit on the edge of their chair looking for anything and everything they can blame the President for.  

And why?  Because they do not accept the outcome of the 2016 election.

No ..... "it's because" the people you disparaged refuse to look the other way on all of Trump's obvious vile actions. As such, they placed "blame" exactly where it was clearly and obviously warranted .... ON TRUMP!

 

Well fasten your seatbelts for 2020!  It looks like Trump is a shoe in from where I sit.

 

Please be aware that even Trump's own polling show him behind all leading Democrats. That hardly represents a "shoe in" for him jimc91!

 

 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
323
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
326
Views

Re: Economy Slowing Down!

326 Views
Message 4 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Th dow is up ;unemployment is down and still the "Nattering nabobs of negativism" rant on. I particularly was interested in the one that thinks if we hurt financially that is a good thing because it will reflect negatively on President Trump. How partisan-sick can we get?


How partisan-sick? ... Well look no further than your Republicans who look the other way on all of Trump's vile actions, criminal behavior and placing himself above the law and our Constitution. And now they watch and do nothing as Trump's asinine tariff war gradually destroys the economy.


"Vile"actions?? Well you got in the word of The day.

Actually, with Trump, "VILE" is the word EVERYDAY.

 

 

What 'vile actions" of the President would you like to see the Republican Party intervene in?

There isn't sufficient word space in this forum to list all of them. So, as a start:

- Trump's treasonous actions with a Russian KGB agent (Putin)

- Trump's 10 obstruction of justice incidents described in the Mueller Report

- Trump's violation of the emoluments clause in the Constitution

- Trump's use of the AG as his personal defense attorney

- Trump's refusal to implement  Congressional sanctions against his Russian buddies

- Trump's lies regarding his business dealings with Russians

- Trump's unlawful and unconstitutional emergency action regarding funding for his asinine  border wall

- Trump's refusal to allow his aids to testify before Congress

- Trump's support for ruthless, murdering dictators .... all enemies of America

- Trump's constant travel to his resorts costing Americans hundreds of millions of dollars

- Trump's abuse of executive privilege

- Trump's abuse of the press, removing press passes from reporters he dislikes

- Trump's recent flip-flop ploy with attacking Iran, placing the lives of numerous military people in needless jeopardy

- Trump's asinine trade war placing American jobs in jeopardy .... and already eliminating many

- Trump's lying to Americans as to who will actually pay for the tariffs he imposed

- Trump's inability to fully staff his own cabinet .... a sign of gross incompetence

-Trump's inability to remember what he stated only a few minutes earlier ..... a sign of dementia

- Trump's acceptance of support from Nazis, White Nationalists, White Supremacists and KKKers

- Trump's refusal to immediately condemn the murderous actions of Nazis, White Nationalists, White Supremacists and KKKers at the Charlottesville riots.

- Trump's sexual assault on 16 women

 

and on and on ......

Which of your false "ONs" do you think justifies the fraudulent topic i frankly can't see the relationship between sexual assault or C'ville and the economy.

The list was generated as a result of the question you posed to me. So YOU initiated the response and now criticize your own initiation.

And your "can't see the relationship" points to an argument that I never made. As such, just another disingenuous straw man argument .

 


 


 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
326
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
345
Views

Economy Slowing Down!

345 Views
Message 5 of 44

It's unfortunate that Trump Supporters think others who disagree with them are firing insults. Maybe that explains why they support someone like Trump? I wish they could accept disagreements for what they are. That's what happens in a political debating forum, people are supposed to disagree with each other. Why they take it personally is beyond my comprehension.

 

When they disagree with me, I don't take it as a personal insult. But I'm not a Trump supporter, I'm OK with those who have a different opinion.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
345
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
348
Views

Re: Economy Slowing Down!

348 Views
Message 6 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here's the view from Trump World:

"It’s just amazing to me that the never Trumpers and dimms sit on the edge of their chair looking for anything and everything they can blame the President for.  And why?  Because they do not accept the outcome of the 2016 election."

 

The above is a complete distortion of reality. Everyone accepts the fact that Trump won the election.  What they refuse to accept is a president who's a pathological liar, surrounds himself with convicted felons, is running a criminal syndicate from the White House, and he totally ignores the "rule of law". If all of that wasn't bad enough, he admires and respects only dictators, like Vladimir and Kim Jong Un.

 

Excuse me, but there are still many Americans who cherish honesty, character, and integrity. Unfortunately, you can't say that about Trump Lovers.


This started out as the onomy slowing- i isn't. Then a few posts back somone (you) Switched to  a more common theme here - disparity - "somebody has more then me". and now anoher shiift to the osessionwih the imaginary 'TRump Lovers. and the litany of 'why I hate Trump".


@rk9152, I think this has evolved into a need for the never Trumpers to just insult other posters that have a differing opinion.  I mean how else do you explain all the insulting language?  The economy thing now appears to have been "bait" with the intention of attracting participants that are then insulted...

 

Go figure.

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
348
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
349
Views

Economy Slowing Down!

349 Views
Message 7 of 44

Please read what was written before citicizing. I was responding to a Trump supporter, who claimed my criticism of his economic strategy was based on trying to overturn the election. I would have normally been LOL at such an absurd thought, but then I realized Trump Lovers actually believe that nonsense. 

 

Anyway, my economic comment have nothing to do with the election. Trump won the election, he's our President. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
349
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
353
Views

Re: Economy Slowing Down!

353 Views
Message 8 of 44

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here's the view from Trump World:

"It’s just amazing to me that the never Trumpers and dimms sit on the edge of their chair looking for anything and everything they can blame the President for.  And why?  Because they do not accept the outcome of the 2016 election."

 

The above is a complete distortion of reality. Everyone accepts the fact that Trump won the election.  What they refuse to accept is a president who's a pathological liar, surrounds himself with convicted felons, is running a criminal syndicate from the White House, and he totally ignores the "rule of law". If all of that wasn't bad enough, he admires and respects only dictators, like Vladimir and Kim Jong Un.

 

Excuse me, but there are still many Americans who cherish honesty, character, and integrity. Unfortunately, you can't say that about Trump Lovers.


This started out as the onomy slowing- i isn't. Then a few posts back somone (you) Switched to  a more common theme here - disparity - "somebody has more then me". and now anoher shiift to the osessionwih the imaginary 'TRump Lovers. and the litany of 'why I hate Trump".

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
353
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
380
Views

Economy Slowing Down!

380 Views
Message 9 of 44

Here's the view from Trump World:

"It’s just amazing to me that the never Trumpers and dimms sit on the edge of their chair looking for anything and everything they can blame the President for.  And why?  Because they do not accept the outcome of the 2016 election."

 

The above is a complete distortion of reality. Everyone accepts the fact that Trump won the election.  What they refuse to accept is a president who's a pathological liar, surrounds himself with convicted felons, is running a criminal syndicate from the White House, and he totally ignores the "rule of law". If all of that wasn't bad enough, he admires and respects only dictators, like Vladimir and Kim Jong Un.

 

Excuse me, but there are still many Americans who cherish honesty, character, and integrity. Unfortunately, you can't say that about Trump Lovers.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
380
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
382
Views

Re: Economy Slowing Down!

382 Views
Message 10 of 44

Trump Tweets...

trump thank you.png

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
382
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.


gamer Regan C.

Top Authors