WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
226
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

226 Views
Message 31 of 63

TemperMental67:  The uber-wealthy have more money than they know what to do with.  Paying a lot in taxes does not hurt them one bit.

 

 

 

They are resentful, greedy people and it hurts them mentally. There is a group of wealthy people called "Patriotic Millionaires" with a different perspective. Too bad there aren't more like this:

 

 

The Patriotic Millionaires believe the country will be more stable and more prosperous when all of its citizens are authentically engaged in the governance process, rather than ceding control to a small number of self-interested actors.

We believe that the trend of growing economic inequality is both bad for society and bad for business. We believe revenue models that rely on human misery should be exorcised from our economy. We believe the government should mandate a livable wage for all working Americans, rather than relying on “the market” which has failed to realize that goal over 240 years of American history. We believe a national “living wage” law will ensure a stable level of aggregate demand, which will fuel our economy more broadly, ushering in a new era of prosperity for all Americans, including rich ones.

We believe our nation’s social and economic progress requires significant and constant public investment, and that the wealthy, who benefit the most from our country’s assets and institutions, should naturally and gladly pay the greatest share of whatever taxes are needed to support that investment.

https://patrioticmillionaires.org/our-values/

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
226
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
251
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

251 Views
Message 32 of 63

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

What % of the mooching are they doing?


So how IS the Trump family going to spend its extra $11million/year from the tax breaks he gave himself?

 

How is your working neighbor going to spend the extra $800 he gave them?


You'll have to ask him. My neighbor is happy with the $2,000 in crumbs that he received. He will be happy to take your "crumbs" if you don't want them.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
251
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
247
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

247 Views
Message 33 of 63

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Especially Donald Trump. He will save approximately $11 Million per year under the new tax rules. Yes indeed, the GOP is the party of the wealthy and self serving.  Oh, and the Russians of course. 


Those that paid the most (taxes) will save the most. Sounds reasonable to anyone that's reasonable.

Your argument is not reasonable when you realize that wealthy people will pay little to no taxes when they take advantage of Donald's massive tax cut hand outs to the wealthy! 


Top 1% are paying 46% of all income taxes and yet you whine?


Any references to back up that claim?

 

And you'll "whine" when Trump and his Fascist Republican bandits take away $800 Million from our Medicare, $1.4 Trillion from Medicaid and cut our Social Security benefits to pay for the massive debt incurred by Trump and his Fascist Republican bandits when they handed out massive tax cuts to America's most wealthy and corporations!


According to a projection from the non-partisan Tax Policy Center, the top 1 percent of Americans will pay 45.7 percent of the individual income taxes in 2014—up from 43 percent in 2013 and 40 percent in 2012 (the oldest period available). (Tweet this)

The bottom 80 percent of Americans are expected to pay 15 percent of all federal income taxes in 2014, according to the study. The bottom 60 percent are expected to pay less than 2 percent of federal income taxes.

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/13/top-1-pay-nearly-half-of-federal-income-taxes.html

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
247
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
241
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

241 Views
Message 34 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

What % of the mooching are they doing?


So how IS the Trump family going to spend its extra $11million/year from the tax breaks he gave himself?

 

How is your working neighbor going to spend the extra $800 he gave them?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
241
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
239
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

239 Views
Message 35 of 63

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Especially Donald Trump. He will save approximately $11 Million per year under the new tax rules. Yes indeed, the GOP is the party of the wealthy and self serving.  Oh, and the Russians of course. 


Those that paid the most (taxes) will save the most. Sounds reasonable to anyone that's reasonable.

Your argument is not reasonable when you realize that wealthy people will pay little to no taxes when they take advantage of Donald's massive tax cut hand outs to the wealthy! 


Top 1% are paying 46% of all income taxes and yet you whine?


What % of the total income are they earning? You left that out.


What % of the mooching are they doing?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
239
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
257
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

257 Views
Message 36 of 63

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Especially Donald Trump. He will save approximately $11 Million per year under the new tax rules. Yes indeed, the GOP is the party of the wealthy and self serving.  Oh, and the Russians of course. 


Those that paid the most (taxes) will save the most. Sounds reasonable to anyone that's reasonable.

Your argument is not reasonable when you realize that wealthy people will pay little to no taxes when they take advantage of Donald's massive tax cut hand outs to the wealthy! 


Top 1% are paying 46% of all income taxes and yet you whine?


What % of the total income are they earning? You left that out.


Exactly.  I just met my first person who said he was keeping his salary low because he didn't want to pay the extra taxes.  I just don't get that kind of thinking.  I've never turned down a promotion (and increased salary) because I was afraid of taxes.   Tax brackets are marginal.   You are still bringing more money home than you were before.    The uber-wealthy have more money than they know what to do with.  Paying a lot in taxes does not hurt them one bit.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
257
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
271
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

271 Views
Message 37 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Especially Donald Trump. He will save approximately $11 Million per year under the new tax rules. Yes indeed, the GOP is the party of the wealthy and self serving.  Oh, and the Russians of course. 


Those that paid the most (taxes) will save the most. Sounds reasonable to anyone that's reasonable.

Your argument is not reasonable when you realize that wealthy people will pay little to no taxes when they take advantage of Donald's massive tax cut hand outs to the wealthy! 


Top 1% are paying 46% of all income taxes and yet you whine?


Any references to back up that claim?

 

And you'll "whine" when Trump and his Fascist Republican bandits take away $800 Million from our Medicare, $1.4 Trillion from Medicaid and cut our Social Security benefits to pay for the massive debt incurred by Trump and his Fascist Republican bandits when they handed out massive tax cuts to America's most wealthy and corporations!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
271
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
265
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

265 Views
Message 38 of 63

 


 


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING:  Top 1% are paying 46% of all income taxes and yet you whine?

 

 

Where did you get the notion that income taxes are the only taxes people pay that count?

 

Column: How much do the poor actually pay in taxes? Probably more than you think.

Did you imagine a middle-class person puzzling over their income tax returns? Or maybe a homeowner looking at their property tax assessment? If you are like most Americans, you probably did not think of a mother putting gas in the tank of the family car or a retail worker having wages withheld for Social Security and Medicare. Because people in the United States associate taxpaying with the income tax, they underestimate the costs of the many other taxes they pay — especially the payroll taxes, sales taxes and gas taxes that fall heavily on lower-income people. In reality, low-income Americans pay a lot in taxes, and their role in paying for schools, roads and other public services largely go unrecognized.

 

All told, those in the bottom fifth of earners pay almost a fifth of their income in taxes. According to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, the lowest-income quintile — those making less than $19,000 a year — pay almost 11 percent of their income in state and local taxes. Working people, even if they don’t make enough money to pay federal income tax, also pay payroll taxes that contribute to Social Security and Medicare. And anyone who drives a car pays gas taxes. The old cliché really does hold true — the only thing as inevitable as death are taxes.

 

One fifth of one’s income would be a lot for anyone. But for a low-income family struggling to get by, those costs really add up. “When I go to the store, I’m pinching pennies all the time because we never have enough food and everything,” said one woman in Ohio when I asked about the sales tax. If one’s fiscal contributions are measured in the hardship they impose, the poor are paying dearly.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/column-much-poor-actually-pay-taxes-probably-think


Where did you get the idea that I didn't know there were other taxes, many of them avoidable such as high real estate taxes, high sales taxes, high state income taxes, or even high state inheritance taxes?

 

If you like paying high taxes, move to a blue state!


If you don't want to see the wealthiest Americans and corporations become even more wealthy at the expense of ALL OTHER AMERICANS, their Medicare, their Medicaid and their Social Security ...... vote out all Republicans from office!!

 

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
265
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
277
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

277 Views
Message 39 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Especially Donald Trump. He will save approximately $11 Million per year under the new tax rules. Yes indeed, the GOP is the party of the wealthy and self serving.  Oh, and the Russians of course. 


Those that paid the most (taxes) will save the most. Sounds reasonable to anyone that's reasonable.

Your argument is not reasonable when you realize that wealthy people will pay little to no taxes when they take advantage of Donald's massive tax cut hand outs to the wealthy! 


Top 1% are paying 46% of all income taxes and yet you whine?


What % of the total income are they earning? You left that out.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
277
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
270
Views

Re: EXTRA INCOME MEANS A LOT TO MANY AMERICANS

270 Views
Message 40 of 63

Don’t many of the blue states pay more out to the federal government than they receive? And the red states receive more than they pay to the feds?

 

facts please

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
270
Views