Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 71 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

I dont believe Trump knows what he is emulating.

Were the other Presidents going back to Jefferson emulating Bastille Day also?  Was the Victory parades welcoming the troops home from the Second World War also emulating it? Didn't you at one time make a few posts appreciating your father's service in that war?

I note that those making negative comments here about the idea never served in the military.  Or at least all but one.  

Trump got his idea from his attendance at Bastille day parades. Period. Now he uses ALL military parades to justify it.

As far as ol Dad, he seldom went to our mayberry parades, and quit the VFW and the Legion when they became pro war. He was pro viet nam until he read the Pentagon papers, and then became anti war for every US engagement.

The idea post WWII has been to foster peace..and holding a big missle in your tiny hands does not promote peace. Since cadet bone spur is looking forward to being saluted by the entire military, what will you say if they dont salute? if they refuse to participate? hey..im all for a parade that doesnt show off the missles or tear up the streets. As a matter of fact, I think immediatly behind the military should be a march of non Trump supporters exercising their military protected constitutional rights. It Trump whiped that up he might even gain some support.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

LMAO!  You-just-can't-make-this-crap-up!!!!

Of course you can't....don't have to. 

No doubt.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Wow....more badgering questions.....to what end?  Your behaviour questioning how others feel and think is quite boorish and sadly pathetic.

Of course, but I believe I have a right to do so.  Oh, you can indeed.  And then you can boast about that as well....maybe even earn a medal.  But it's apparent that you could care less about honoring these veterans of mid-east conflicts.  We're still fighting there....  Or of any conflict.  There are currently seven.  And still trying to be king of the hill here.  Nope, not at all....posting interesting topics to some, pointing out the ignorance of a very few who call others "cop-haters" yet bash the FBI and DOJ and those who attack Liberals, yet support Bernie Sanders and see the regurgitated words of Limblah and Hannity and Fox News and gain great insight from others.  If that makes me king, it's quite the low bar.  But thanks for suggesting such.  

Comments from Captains indeed, and Special Forces at that.  Wow!!!  You asked, I answered.  Now you've witnessed how baiting your questions are.....no one is surprised; it's what you do.  Your childish insults bother me none, Tex.

Image result for time to grow up

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Now your lying again, Tex.  Why is that?  I NEVER said one word about Naval Captains.

Of course you ignored the question as to why you felt it was necessary to lie.....why is that, Tex?

Captains in Special Forces?  Yep.  Low ranking officers? No one claimed one way or another.  Why do you feel it's necessary to make this an issue?   And saying they were in Special Forces is supposed to make them able to speak for every soldier?  Nope.  Never suggested it did.  Do you ever "listen" to what others are saying before posting?  You really embarrass yourself.  Just saying......

And you think you are special to claim you get opinions from Captains?  Nope, not at all.  Sounds like someone here is having an ego problem......They are just officers who are in the wait for Major.  Basically run of the mill officers...my brother was an Army Captain back in the 1960s.  No big deal.  No, it isn't.  So why make such a big deal about it?  You claimed I spoke with lower ranking personnel, I asked if Captains were lower ranking to you....you have now jumped off the cliff.  Why is that?  No one was boasting.....but you, which is par for the course on this forum.  It's quite telling.

As far as that 'thank you for your service' all I want along those lines is the veteran's discount at Lowes, Home Depot and other home improvement stores.  And a multimillion dollar parade.  No thank you.

Special Forces Captains indeed.  I used to go to cocktail parties attended by higher ranking officers when I was in the Washington DC area.  You did?????  OMG!!!!!   LMAO!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 99

@MIseker wrote:

I dont believe Trump knows what he is emulating.

Were the other Presidents going back to Jefferson emulating Bastille Day also?  Was the Victory parades welcoming the troops home from the Second World War also emulating it? Didn't you at one time make a few posts appreciating your father's service in that war?

I note that those making negative comments here about the idea never served in the military.  Or at least all but one.  

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 99

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Of course you can't....don't have to.  Can't make up a lot of what you're posting either, but you do.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 99

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Wow....more badgering questions.....to what end?  Your behaviour questioning how others feel and think is quite boorish and sadly pathetic.

Of course, but I believe I have a right to do so.  But it's apparent that you could care less about honoring these veterans of mid-east conflicts.  Or of any conflict.  And still trying to be king of the hill here.  That is boorish and pathetic. 

Comments from Captains indeed, and Special Forces at that.  Wow!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I would think Veteran Hero Senator John McCain's opinion should matter regarding " The Parade of All Parade's " Trump is ordering ?

Of course getting shot down makes him a hero?  What about those who are buried in Arlington National Cemetary?  What about those who actually are heroes because they performed an act above and beyond the call of duty.

McCain is considered a hero because he was so well known being the son of an Admiral.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 99
Trump got the idea from Bastille day. Thats the French holiday that celebrates a purge of the upper classes by guillotine, and was so violent in the end butter knives were invented to prevent stabbing deaths at dinner, and guns and swords were banned from the streets. I dont believe Trump knows what he is emulating..a revolution that lead to a gavt that takes care of its people. Maybe its time to follow the french example.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 99

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Now your lying again, Tex.  Why is that?  I NEVER said one word about Naval Captains.

Captains in Special Forces?  Low ranking officers?  And saying they were in Special Forces is supposed to make them able to speak for every soldier?  And you think you are special to claim you get opinions from Captains?  They are just officers who are in the wait for Major.  Basically run of the mill officers...my brother was an Army Captain back in the 1960s.  No big deal.

As far as that 'thank you for your service' all I want along those lines is the veteran's discount at Lowes, Home Depot and other home improvement stores. 

Special Forces Captains indeed.  I used to go to cocktail parties attended by higher ranking officers when I was in the Washington DC area.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit