Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

EX NAVY SEAL IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

Robert O'Neill was a US Navy Seal.

 

trump has never been anything but a lying schlemiel.

 

Navy SEAL who says he killed bin Laden: ‘A military parade is third world **bleep**

 

 

 

44>dolt45
333 Views
98
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I would think Veteran Hero Senator John McCain's opinion should matter regarding " The Parade of All Parade's " Trump is ordering ?


Of course getting shot down makes him a hero?  What about those who are buried in Arlington National Cemetary?  What about those who actually are heroes because they performed an act above and beyond the call of duty.

 

McCain is considered a hero because he was so well known being the son of an Admiral.


LMAO!  You-just-can't-make-this-crap-up!!!!


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
210 Views
3
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:



LMAO!  You-just-can't-make-this-crap-up!!!!


Of course you can't....don't have to.  Can't make up a lot of what you're posting either, but you do.

0 Kudos
222 Views
2
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:



LMAO!  You-just-can't-make-this-crap-up!!!!


Of course you can't....don't have to. 

 

No doubt.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
205 Views
1
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

WHat makes McCain a hero is surviving hanoi hilton..despite what her was forced to say under torture. Since 9/11 the word HERO has been bastardized to include people that just did their job. period.

McCain getting shot down..he was doing his job. WHat he survived after, and what he made himself, is heroic, even tho i disagree with most of his politics.
Back in my youth i knew several POWs. one admitted he was captured by stupidity. and generally those particular POWS were not tortured.

SOOO.. on this thread about NAVY SEAL that was on a dangerous op, lets put the side issues into their proper perspective. His OPINION, is valid. It does carry some weight.
So it begins.
227 Views
0
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump got the idea from Bastille day. Thats the French holiday that celebrates a purge of the upper classes by guillotine, and was so violent in the end butter knives were invented to prevent stabbing deaths at dinner, and guns and swords were banned from the streets. I dont believe Trump knows what he is emulating..a revolution that lead to a gavt that takes care of its people. Maybe its time to follow the french example.
So it begins.
207 Views
9
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:
Trump got the idea from Bastille day. Thats the French holiday that celebrates a purge of the upper classes by guillotine, and was so violent in the end butter knives were invented to prevent stabbing deaths at dinner, and guns and swords were banned from the streets.

Suggest some research before posting tidbits of information.  Check your history.

 

First the table knife the table knife itself, is attributed by tradition to Cardinal Richelieu around 1637, reputedly to cure dinner guests of the habit of picking their teeth with their knife-points.

 

Later, in 1669, King Louis XIV of France banned pointed knives in the street and at his table, insisting on blunt tips, in the hope that it would reduce violence.

 

As for butter knives, individual butter knives have a round point, so as not to tear the bread, and are sometimes termed butter spreaders.

 

No charge for the research.

 

 

 

Sec

 

 

0 Kudos
228 Views
1
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Trump got the idea from Bastille day. Thats the French holiday that celebrates a purge of the upper classes by guillotine, and was so violent in the end butter knives were invented to prevent stabbing deaths at dinner, and guns and swords were banned from the streets.

Suggest some research before posting tidbits of information.  Check your history.

 

First the table knife the table knife itself, is attributed by tradition to Cardinal Richelieu around 1637, reputedly to cure dinner guests of the habit of picking their teeth with their knife-points.

 

Later, in 1669, King Louis XIV of France banned pointed knives in the street and at his table, insisting on blunt tips, in the hope that it would reduce violence.

 

As for butter knives, individual butter knives have a round point, so as not to tear the bread, and are sometimes termed butter spreaders.

 

No charge for the research.

 

 

 

Sec

 

 


and bastille day?

So it begins.
0 Kudos
252 Views
0
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

I dont believe Trump knows what he is emulating.

Were the other Presidents going back to Jefferson emulating Bastille Day also?  Was the Victory parades welcoming the troops home from the Second World War also emulating it? Didn't you at one time make a few posts appreciating your father's service in that war?

 

I note that those making negative comments here about the idea never served in the military.  Or at least all but one.  

0 Kudos
212 Views
6
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

I dont believe Trump knows what he is emulating.

Were the other Presidents going back to Jefferson emulating Bastille Day also?  Was the Victory parades welcoming the troops home from the Second World War also emulating it? Didn't you at one time make a few posts appreciating your father's service in that war?

 

I note that those making negative comments here about the idea never served in the military.  Or at least all but one.  


I see you are still trying to push the idea that only those with a certain background have a right to an opinion. Your claimed military background does not make your opinion more important than anyone else's.

 

Many people who have served or are currently serving in the military had opined that the idea of a parade as envisioned by Trump is ridiculous and is nothing more than Trump showing off.

 

How about using the money that would be wasted on this parade and actually do something for the veterans? 

226 Views
1
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@Snoopy48 wrote:



I see you are still trying to push the idea that only those with a certain background have a right to an opinion. Your claimed military background does not make your opinion more important than anyone else's.

 



No, I'm just making a comment.  And neither does your background.   And I note that you are overlooking that it has been traditional for Presidents to have a military parade to honor veterans.

 

And what are you doing to help veterans? 

0 Kudos
215 Views
0
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

I dont believe Trump knows what he is emulating.

Were the other Presidents going back to Jefferson emulating Bastille Day also?  Was the Victory parades welcoming the troops home from the Second World War also emulating it? Didn't you at one time make a few posts appreciating your father's service in that war?

 

I note that those making negative comments here about the idea never served in the military.  Or at least all but one.  


Trump got his idea from his attendance at Bastille day parades. Period. Now he uses ALL military parades to justify it.

As far as ol Dad, he seldom went to our mayberry parades, and quit the VFW and the Legion when they became pro war. He was pro viet nam until he read the Pentagon papers, and then became anti war for every US engagement.

The idea post WWII has been to foster peace..and holding a big missle in your tiny hands does not promote peace. Since cadet bone spur is looking forward to being saluted by the entire military, what will you say if they dont salute? if they refuse to participate? hey..im all for a parade that doesnt show off the missles or tear up the streets. As a matter of fact, I think immediatly behind the military should be a march of non Trump supporters exercising their military protected constitutional rights. It Trump whiped that up he might even gain some support.

So it begins.
203 Views
3
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:


As a matter of fact, I think immediatly behind the military should be a march of non Trump supporters exercising their military protected constitutional rights. It Trump whiped that up he might even gain some support.

Of course, the 'me' generation. Who cares how many served or died to give them the right to support those who gave them that freedom.  

 

We don't have to worry about Russia, China , North Korea or any foreign country to bring our country down.  We have enough working to do that here with their concern for illegals, etc, over those Americans who served their country. 

0 Kudos
223 Views
2
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:


As a matter of fact, I think immediatly behind the military should be a march of non Trump supporters exercising their military protected constitutional rights. It Trump whiped that up he might even gain some support.

Of course, the 'me' generation. Who cares how many served or died to give them the right to support those who gave them that freedom.  

 

There are 50,000 homeless veterans, many of which need mental health care.  Any REAL American would think the money towards a parade should go towards treating and housing these vets vs. giving those showing they're part of ANY "me" generation, a pat on the back.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
233 Views
1
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:


There are 50,000 homeless veterans, many of which need mental health care.  Any REAL American would think the money towards a parade should go towards treating and housing these vets vs. giving those showing they're part of ANY "me" generation, a pat on the back.


And what would you consider a REAL American?  Are you an authority of who is a REAL American? Are you a REAL American?  Can you find a definition of a REAL American?

 

What are you doing to attend to the welfare of Veterans?    How far do you think the cost of the proposed parade would go to helping vets?  Did those 'captains' tell you about those veterans?  

 

0 Kudos
224 Views
0
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

McCain will be buried in Arlington,
So it begins.
214 Views
0
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

"From what I'm hearing from those at the US largest military base, most think it's foolish and a waste of time and money" 

 

There wasn't any source posted to back up that statement.

 

Of course most lower ranking military thinks parades are a waste of time.  Mostly because they don't want to participate.  And an ex-Navy Seal is just that, one individual carrying out a mission along the lines he had been trained for speaking for himself, again is just that. 

 

The military participated in the Inaugral Parade for Kennedy; in 1991 there was a Victory parade celebrating the end of the Persian Gulf War, and on other occasions dating back to even the administration of Thomas Jefferson.  

 

The only two wars without parades celebrating their veterans were Korea and Vietnam.

 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-military-parades-us-have-changed-180968102/


There are far better ways to honor our veterans. So what war are we celebrating ? The upcoming war with North Korea?  This suggested parade is nothing more than an extension of 'who has the biggest **bleep**' contest between our Nut-in-Chief and North Korea's. Trump thinks that marching the military down the boulevard will deter North Korea. A nuclear threat won't even do that. Here is a great opinion piece on that very thing:

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/video/nuclear-deterrence-won-t-work-against-north-korea-here-s-why-115...


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
275 Views
31
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:



There are far better ways to honor our veterans.


So how do you honor veterans?  Did you welcome them home from Korea?  No, you were more than likely too young.  What about those returning from Vietnam?  Have you honored those from the mid-east?

 

It is really doubtful you even cared.  From some of the comments on this forum it's apparent there are many who doesn't

 

I think having a military parade in Washington is a better idea than that the phony 'thank you for your service'. 

0 Kudos
216 Views
30
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:



There are far better ways to honor our veterans.


So how do you honor veterans? How I honor veterans has nothing to do with what I posted but thanks for asking.  Did you welcome them home from Korea? That has nothing to do with what I posted either but thanks for the meaningless contribution  No, you were more than likely too young. Which also has nothing to do with what I posted.  What about those returning from Vietnam? Also has nothing to do with what I posted, but yes.  Have you honored those from the mid-east? Why, it has nothing to do with what I posted?

 

It is really doubtful you even cared. Why do you attack and be insulting when all I posted was "There are far better ways to honor our veterans"?????.  From some of the comments on this forum it's apparent there are many who doesn't.Also has nothing to do with what I posted, but thanks for insulting them too.

 

I think having a military parade in Washington is a better idea than that the phony 'thank you for your service'.  I said nothing about "Phony" or "thank you for your service" so why do you mention that?

 

I did state earlier that I am in favor of a parade honoring our veterans, I just disagree with including rockets, tanks, and other weaponry laden vehicles being included in it as a gaudy and intimidating display to satisfy trump's Testosterone Contest with North Korea's Nut-Case-In-Chief.


 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
236 Views
20
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:


 

I did state earlier that I am in favor of a parade honoring our veterans, I just disagree with including rockets, tanks, and other weaponry laden vehicles being included


 


Did you object when George H.W. Bush did the same in 1991?  What about when they were included in his inaugural parade?  Did you agree when Schumer suggested and requested the same in 2014?  Or is it just because Trump suggested it?  You and others are making this a partisan thing.

 

Further the idea isn't for your benefit, but for those who served our country.  How can you say you are in favor of a parade honoring veterans but are against it just because of Trump.  Apparently you don't care about them because everything with you is partisan.  

0 Kudos
285 Views
19
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


 

I did state earlier that I am in favor of a parade honoring our veterans, I just disagree with including rockets, tanks, and other weaponry laden vehicles being included


 


Did you object when George H.W. Bush did the same in 1991?  What about when they were included in his inaugural parade?  Did you agree when Schumer suggested and requested the same in 2014?  Or is it just because Trump suggested it?  You and others are making this a partisan thing.

 

I didn't approve of it in any of the instances that you mention, including Schumer. You make everything partisan and argue incessantly with anyone from the left. Why is that?

 

Further the idea isn't for your benefit, but for those who served our country.  How can you say you are in favor of a parade honoring veterans but are against it just because of Trump.  Apparently you don't care about them because everything with you is partisan. 

 

A parade in Washington with weapon laden military vehicles will not benefit those who served our country (or anyone else for that matter)    Secondly, I never said I was against a parade because of trump, you did. I said I was all for a parade but not one with weaponry laden military vehicles, rockets, etc. I think it is a waste and adds nothing to honoring our veterans.  And since most everything you post is partisan I guess you care nothing about them ? 


 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
285 Views
18
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 

I didn't approve of it in any of the instances that you mention, including Schumer. You make everything partisan and argue incessantly with anyone from the left. Why is that?

 

 



 


You are the one who made it partisan by saying you felt it would feed Trumps testosterone, or words to that effect.  Then you claim it's because of the heavy tanks, etc.  Why?  It would be the District of Columbia's problem, not yours. 

 

Who said it might consist of rockets, heavy tanks, etc?  Apparently you are against it because of who suggested it.  Or is it that you have something against honoring veterans?  Or perhaps you don't like the military?  I'm beginning to think it's a combination of all.

 

Your posts are beginning to indicate that you are against everything.

0 Kudos
287 Views
17
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 

I didn't approve of it in any of the instances that you mention, including Schumer. You make everything partisan and argue incessantly with anyone from the left. Why is that?

 

 



 


You are the one who made it partisan by saying you felt it would feed Trumps testosterone, or words to that effect. So it is "partisan" to criticize trumP? Sounds like partisan "group speak to me". Then you claim it's because of the heavy tanks, etc.  Why? Pay better attention, I already explained why. We don't need a display of military might to honor our veterans. Many veterans agree. It would be the District of Columbia's problem, not yours. That doesn't prohibit me from having an opinion about it. You trying to prohibit me from having an opinion?

 

Who said it might consist of rockets, heavy tanks, etc? Pay attention and you would know.  Apparently you are against it because of who suggested it.There ya' go with yet another false assumption about what someone else is thinking.  Or is it that you have something against honoring veterans? How many times will you try to insult me by asking that question? I have nothing against veterans, now you shouldn't have to ask that again.. Or perhaps you don't like the military?  Again you try to insult with false accusations. Why is that? I'm beginning to think it's a combination of all. Who cares what someone thinks that is only here to attack others?

 

Your posts are beginning to indicate that you are against everything.

Personal attacks and false accusations reflect badly on our veterans but thank you for your service.


 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
254 Views
16
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:


 We don't need a display of military might to honor our veterans. Many veterans agree.

 


When did you become the spokesperson for veterans?  Who are those veterans that agree with you?  You have no idea of how veterans feel, but your own personal thoughts influenced by politics.  How do you know that many veterans is in agreement?  Of course your arguments are mostly based on partisan lines because of the administration. 

0 Kudos
253 Views
15
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


 We don't need a display of military might to honor our veterans. Many veterans agree.

 


When did you become the spokesperson for veterans? I didn't claim to be "the spokesperson for veterans", why do you ask?  Who are those veterans that agree with you? Who are those that agree with you?  You have no idea of how veterans feel, but your own personal thoughts influenced by politics. You have no idea of what I know about veteran's feelings who are family members of mine and veteran friends I am very close to, you also make erroneous assumptions about politics.  How do you know that many veterans is(are) in agreement? How do you know that many aren't?  Of course your arguments are mostly based on partisan lines because of the administration.  You make another false assumption and accusation.

 

You are not some expert here whose opinion rules. I agree with the navy seal. Also, IMO, we don't need a display of military might to honor our veterans. You can disagree with me but that just doesn't justify your endless argument, false accusations, insults, and degrading comments.


 

 

 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
722 Views
4
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:


You have no idea of what I know about veteran's feelings who are family members of mine and veteran friends I am very close to, you also make erroneous assumptions about politics.

 

 

 


Erroneous assumptions about politics?  Because I have different opinions than you?  No, I believe I can have a good idea about your thoughts about veterans by the tone of your posts.  You can guess, but doubtful that you know.   You act as if you are an authority on everything along these lines. 

 

But now you are calling a person's opinions as erroneous?  Sounds like you are throwing everything into this.  You apparently just come here to engage in arguments. 

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
714 Views
3
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


You have no idea of what I know about veteran's feelings who are family members of mine and veteran friends I am very close to, you also make erroneous assumptions about politics.

 

 

 


Erroneous assumptions about politics?  Because I have different opinions than you? Not because you have different opinions but because you accuse me of having my opinion on this based on politics and it isn't.  No, I believe I can have a good idea about your thoughts about veterans by the tone of your posts. You can more easily have a wrong idea, you aren't a mind reader. Anyone can have respect for veterans but disagree with certain ones.You can guess, but doubtful that you know.  I don't "guess", I read what you post. You act as if you are an authority on everything along these lines.  You make this type of false accusations about anyone that disagrees with you, why?

 

But now you are calling a person's opinions as erroneous? When your opinion is wrong, yes it is erroneous. Sounds like you are throwing everything into this.You apparently just come here to engage in arguments.   Another typical false and accusatory accusation to someone who disagrees with you. Looks like that is why you are here.

 

 

 

 


 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
695 Views
2
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:


 When your opinion is wrong, yes it is erroneous.

 

 

 

 


 


Lets see, what constitutes a 'wrong' opinion?  One which disagrees with yours or 'the crowd'?  Are we now required to have a 'right' opinion?  Is there a source where we can check to make sure we don't have an 'erroneous' opinion?

0 Kudos
683 Views
1
Report
Reply
Moderator
Moderator

This thread has continued to be off topic and interpersonal.

 

Thank you, this thread is now locked.

 

0 Kudos
675 Views
0
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


 We don't need a display of military might to honor our veterans. Many veterans agree.

 


When did you become the spokesperson for veterans?  

 

So - post a link from all of the veterans' organizations that appoints you to be the spokesperson for all veterans...

 

 

44>dolt45
243 Views
9
Report
Reply
Honored Social Butterfly


@alferdpacker wrote:


So - post a link from all of the veterans' organizations that appoints you to be the spokesperson for all veterans...

 

 


I would believe that as a veteran I can speak from that standpoint while some that is not can't.

 

Some thoughts:

 

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/373244-well-take-the-military-parade-spare-the-side-of-moral-...

 

"The left is once again coming off the rails, this time over President Trump’s supposedly crazy idea to honor our military through a military parade. It’s no secret this president has great respect for our country’s service men and women. However, for Democrats it’s just another opportunity to protest the president for no other reason than they love a good protest, and it’s the president.

 

"Their strategy isn’t very smart. At this point liberals have their resist button set on auto pilot, it gets triggered no matter what the president says or does"

 

Another link:

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/should-we-have-a-military-appreciation-parade-a...

 

 

0 Kudos
230 Views
8
Report
Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png