Honored Social Butterfly

EX NAVY SEAL IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

Robert O'Neill was a US Navy Seal.

trump has never been anything but a lying schlemiel.

Navy SEAL who says he killed bin Laden: ‘A military parade is third world **bleep**

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And a multimillion dollar parade.

Of course you wouldn't care because it's not about you.  The Iraqi and Afghanistan veterans deserve more that a phony 'thank you for your service'.   Oh, so now you want to make this about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars?  That's rather convenient.

Could you ever imagine how the Right would react if Obama ordered a parade after we pulled out of Iraq on Bush's timeframe?  That's too funny to even ponder....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Could you ever imagine how the Right would react if Obama ordered a parade after we pulled out of Iraq on Bush's timeframe?  That's too funny to even ponder....

They would probably be all for it instead of throwing a hissy fit like the liberal element is about Trump's suggestion.   Especially here.  Of course everythings funny to you, especially with your prolific use of those laughing acronyms.  Makes one wonder.

So, Democratic Presidents since the Second World War has had parades of this sort, but looks as if present day Democrats are more interested in illegals than Americans. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

They would probably be all for it instead of throwing a hissy fit like the liberal element is about Trump's suggestion.   .....said the poster who supported Bernie Sanders.  Of course everythings funny to you, especially with your prolific use of those laughing acronyms.  Makes one wonder.  Enjoy your "wonderment".

So, Democratic Presidents since the Second World War has had parades of this sort, but looks as if present day Democrats are more interested in illegals than Americans. Another self-serving presumption that would be incorrect.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

.....said the poster who supported Bernie Sanders. 

You are getting desparate for insults aren't you.  What does it matter who I supported until Hillary was nominated?  Now you are also making this a partisan thing.  Of course your comments have already indicated you could care less if it honored the nation's veterans.  How can anyone say anything about Trump not serving in the military when they haven't either...one didn't have to wait for the draft.

Since you and others are way off topic and making it personal the thread is useless. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

.....said the poster who supported Bernie Sanders. 

You are getting desparate for insults aren't you.  (sic)    Is pointing out you supported Bernie an insult?  Now that's sad.  What does it matter who I supported until Hillary was nominated?  Apparently you gon't "get it"..... It's laughable that you attack and insult Liberals and/or Dems and you supported the most Liberal Dem in decades.  Seems hypocritical.  Now you are also making this a partisan thing.  No, I haven't.  In fact, you are the only person I've seen in this thread whose made it partisian.  Of course your comments have already indicated you could care less if it honored the nation's veterans.  Nope, that's just you and your alternative fact immagination at work to attempt to disparge others.  We're quite familiar with that nonsense.  How can anyone say anything about Trump not serving in the military when they haven't either..(sic) .....easy, they aren't Commander-in-chief AND, they didn't avoid the draft multiple times with a probable non-exesist medical ailment.  one didn't have to wait for the draft.

Since you and others are way off topic and making it personal the thread is useless.   LMAO.  If you only had the abilility to read your own words....you would have noticed everything you wrote was an attack on someone.  Useless indeed.

Retired Moderator

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You could remove the postings that are personal attacks and the thread would stay on topic.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Silver Conversationalist

TxGrandpa2:

There wasn't any source posted to back up that statement.

This link was there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372941-navy-seal-who-says-he-killed-bin-laden-a-military-...

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrom wrote:

This link was there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372941-navy-seal-who-says-he-killed-bin-laden-a-military-...

I stand corrected, but again that is only his opinion as an individual, not as a retired SEAL nor as one who carried out a mission for them.

I have no objections for a parade, either on the Fourth of July or November 11 which is Veterans Day (preferred).

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Panjandrom wrote:

This link was there.

I stand corrected, but again that is only his opinion as an individual, not as a retired SEAL nor as one who carried out a mission for them.

I have no objections for a parade, either on the Fourth of July or November 11 which is Veterans Day (preferred).

I have no objection against "parades" either, with veterans and even active service persons marching. I do have a problem with a childish and testosterone filled display of military might marching down our boulevards.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I do have a problem with a childish and testosterone filled display of military might marching down our boulevards.

Of course.  And apparently you had objects to serving in the military also.  No, you associate it with Trump because he suggested it. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I do have a problem with a childish and testosterone filled display of military might marching down our boulevards.

Of course.  And apparently you had objects to serving in the military also.  No, you associate it with Trump because he suggested it. 

False accusations and personal attacks are noted, I won't report them because you seem to not be able to help from doing so. What a shame.

I stand by what I posted and your reply has nothing to do with what I posted

Esteemed Social Butterfly

"An informal Military Times poll found that vast majority of the publication’s readers oppose the idea of a military parade in Washington, D.C.

The publication, an independent news source that covers the armed forces for service members and their families, published the results of its poll, which was launched on its website Wednesday. The poll asked readers “should there be a parade showing troops and military equipment in Washington, D.C.?”

Eighty-nine percent of Military Times readers responded by answering “No, it’s a waste of money and troops are too busy.”

Just 11 percent responded by answering “Yes, it’s a great opportunity to show off U.S. military might.”

The publication noted that more than 51,000 readers had voted in the poll as of Thursday afternoon."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/373072-military-times-poll-majority-oppose-trumps-m...

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Honored Social Butterfly

@BigLib wrote:

The publication noted that more than 51,000 readers had voted in the poll as of Thursday afternoon."

51,000 readers in an online informal poll?  And that is out of how many of those are in the uniformed services.  If it is still the same as in the past, not everyone reads the Times newspapers.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I could not agree any more. Good for him for speaking up.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png