Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 99

@mandm84 wrote:

I would think Veteran Hero Senator John McCain's opinion should matter regarding " The Parade of All Parade's " Trump is ordering ?

Of course getting shot down makes him a hero?  What about those who are buried in Arlington National Cemetary?  What about those who actually are heroes because they performed an act above and beyond the call of duty.

McCain is considered a hero because he was so well known being the son of an Admiral.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

There are far better ways to honor our veterans.

So how do you honor veterans?  Did you welcome them home from Korea?  No, you were more than likely too young.  What about those returning from Vietnam?  Have you honored those from the mid-east?

It is really doubtful you even cared.  From some of the comments on this forum it's apparent there are many who doesn't

I think having a military parade in Washington is a better idea than that the phony 'thank you for your service'. 

Wow....more badgering questions.....to what end?  Your behaviour questioning how others feel and think is quite boorish and sadly pathetic.

Your welcome to want a parade so trump can feed his ego, but most don't. Maybe you should fund it yourself and create a go fund me account.  Give it some thought; it's more useful than playing God here judging others forum members.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 99

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I do have a problem with a childish and testosterone filled display of military might marching down our boulevards.

Of course.  And apparently you had objects to serving in the military also.  No, you associate it with Trump because he suggested it. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 99

@ChasKy53 wrote:

There are far better ways to honor our veterans.

So how do you honor veterans?  Did you welcome them home from Korea?  No, you were more than likely too young.  What about those returning from Vietnam?  Have you honored those from the mid-east?

It is really doubtful you even cared.  From some of the comments on this forum it's apparent there are many who doesn't

I think having a military parade in Washington is a better idea than that the phony 'thank you for your service'. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

The Captains I spoke with were also sharing the view of their troops.

Captains?  Why yes, Tex.  Captains......Special Forces.  Is that OK with you?  You claim to be getting your information from Naval Captains?  Now your lying again, Tex.  Why is that?  I NEVER said one word about Naval Captains.  Why do you continue to make crap up?  Please answer that very, very simple question.   Do you also associate with Army Colonels?  Yep, have in the past.  I doubt it. Do you really think anyone cares what you "doubt"? If they are from the other sevices than they are low on the officer totem pole. So?  I never claimed to have had conversations with Generals or Admirals about parades.  Sounds more like someone wanting to enhance their self-importance.  Sounds like someone whose concerned his shoe-size isn't stacking up.

I've read that many think that November 11, a day set aside to honor Veterans would be the perfect choice as a day to indeed honor Vets. That's nice.  But of course the liberal elements, most of who have avoided service. Again, another sentence that doesn't make any sense. They would rather honor illegals who want to dictate our government about our laws. Actually, many illegals have served in the military.  Did you ask them if they wanted a parade?

Of course even if you or others have a low opinion of honoring veterans, you are entitled to your opinion. I honor vets everyday.  Meanwhile, you attack those who say, "thanks for your service" as you've done here for years.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 99

@BigLib wrote:

The publication noted that more than 51,000 readers had voted in the poll as of Thursday afternoon."

51,000 readers in an online informal poll?  And that is out of how many of those are in the uniformed services.  If it is still the same as in the past, not everyone reads the Times newspapers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 99

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

The Captains I spoke with were also sharing the view of their troops.

Captains?  You claim to be getting your information from Naval Captains? Do you also associate with Army Colonels?  I doubt it.  If they are from the other sevices than they are low on the officer totem pole.  Sounds more like someone wanting to enhance their self-importance.

I've read that many think that November 11, a day set aside to honor Veterans would be the perfect choice as a day to indeed honor Vets.  But of course the liberal elements, most of who have avoided service.  They would rather honor illegals who want to dictate our government about our laws.

Of course even if you or others have a low opinion of honoring veterans, you are entitled to your opinion.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 99

I would think Veteran Hero Senator John McCain's opinion should matter regarding " The Parade of All Parade's " Trump is ordering ?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 99

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Panjandrom wrote:

This link was there.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372941-navy-seal-who-says-he-killed-bin-laden-a-military-...

I stand corrected, but again that is only his opinion as an individual, not as a retired SEAL nor as one who carried out a mission for them.

I have no objections for a parade, either on the Fourth of July or November 11 which is Veterans Day (preferred).

I have no objection against "parades" either, with veterans and even active service persons marching. I do have a problem with a childish and testosterone filled display of military might marching down our boulevards.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, October 1 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Vaccines & Coping During the Pandemic

Call: 1-855-274-9507