Reply
Regular Social Butterfly

Dr. Fauci Made the Coronavirus Pandemic Worse by Lying About Masks

President Trump shoulda, coulda the dems say...and he should have listened to the "experts" they say...   

 

If people think biden is going to be the miracle worker to fix this virus situation AND to fix the United States of America after being in office for 47 years...then you're more easily fooled then you say any Trump supporter is!

 

A little reminder of the advise of the so called experts...  

 

Dr. Fauci Made the Coronavirus Pandemic Worse by Lying About Masks

June 15, 2020

 

 

 

Dr. Fauci Made the Coronavirus Pandemic Worse by Lying About Masks
 
 
 
 
 

Dr. Anthony Fauci has been hailed as a hero during the coronavirus pandemic, delivering thoughtful health advice while most members of the Trump regime have spread misinformation about covid-19. But there’s one area where Fauci let America down, hindering the public health response and giving the U.S. both the highest coronavirus case count and the worst recorded death toll in the world. Simply put, Fauci lied about whether masks were helpful in slowing the spread of the virus.

 

Fauci was asked yesterday by financial news outlet The Street why the U.S. government didn’t promote masks early on during the pandemic. Fauci, who sits on the Trump regime’s zombie-like coronavirus task force, hinted that he knew masks worked, he just wanted any available masks to be saved for health care workers.

 

 Fauci didn’t just fail to promote masks early on, he actively discouraged the use of masks, saying they didn’t work. Americans are now paying the price because too many people think masks are useless to combat the coronavirus. In reality, masks have been shown to help prevent the spread of covid-19, as the CDC now admits.

All we need to do is look at the things that Fauci was saying back in February—a time before most Americans were taking the threat of covid-19 seriously and people like Donald Trump were assuming it was just a problem for the Chinese government.

“There is no reason for anyone right now in the United States, with regard to coronavirus, to wear a mask,” Fauci told Spectrum News DC on February 14.

 

It was something that Fauci would say repeatedly whenever he gave interviews in February, as the pandemic spread to countries like Germany, Italy, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan. And Fauci may not have known it yet, but coronavirus was also spreading quickly in the U.S. By the end of February, over 20 countries had identified the coronavirus within their borders.

Despite being remembered as level-headed during the early days of the crisis in the U.S., Fauci was incredibly slow to publicly recognize the threat from coronavirus. On February 17, he recalled stories of people asking whether it was safe to travel, ridiculing the idea that it might not be wise to get on a plane. But it was clear to anyone paying attention to news media outside of the U.S. that the coronavirus would soon be an international problem.

  And because the CDC wasted the entire month of February with faulty tests, no one knows just how widespread the disease already was in the U.S. during the first weeks of February. And it wasn’t just in February that Fauci dismissed the threat. As late as March, Fauci was still insisting that masks were bad for public health.

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask,” Fauci told 60 Minutes on CBS during an interview that aired March 8. “When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is

 

The complete article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dr-fauci-made-the-coronavirus-pandemic-worse-by-lying-about-masks/...

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

This appears to be the episode of the Today Show under discussion. Fauci said there was no reason for Americans to change their lifestyle......YET.  And, if Trump had followed the recommendations of Fauci and the CDC, thousands of American lives would not be lost with millions of American lives destroyed.  Thank you for bringing up the fact that you can not trust regressive sources and that Trump could have solved this in February.

I love the smell of factual information in the morning. 

 

https://www.today.com/video/dr-fauci-on-coronavirus-fears-no-need-to-change-lifestyle-yet-7968467761... 

Honored Social Butterfly

This appears to be the episode of the Today Show under discussion. Fauci said there was no reason for Americans to change their lifestyle......YET.  And, if Trump had followed the recommendations of Fauci and the CDC, thousands of American lives would not be lost with millions of American lives destroyed.  Thank you for bringing up the fact that you can not trust regressive sources and that Trump could have solved this in February.

I love the smell of factual information in the morning.

 

I listened to the entire article and Trump COULDN'T solve this in February and Dr Fauci couldn't either!  It was impossible to "contact trace" everyone who was in contact with the virus in February since the testing was not widely available in February and no one had the technology to "contact trace" until now!  It's really nice (and naïve) to blame Trump for his handling when you, I, or Joe Biden couldn't do better!  I say Biden was to blame.

Regular Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

This appears to be the episode of the Today Show under discussion. Fauci said there was no reason for Americans to change their lifestyle......YET.  And, if Trump had followed the recommendations of Fauci and the CDC, thousands of American lives would not be lost with millions of American lives destroyed.  Thank you for bringing up the fact that you can not trust regressive sources and that Trump could have solved this in February.

I love the smell of factual information in the morning.

 

I listened to the entire article and Trump COULDN'T solve this in February and Dr Fauci couldn't either!  It was impossible to "contact trace" everyone who was in contact with the virus in February since the testing was not widely available in February and no one had the technology to "contact trace" until now!  It's really nice (and naïve) to blame Trump for his handling when you, I, or Joe Biden couldn't do better!  I say Biden was to blame.


I LOVE it!  Yeah count me in, BIDEN, AND ONLY BIDEN, IS TO BLAME FOR THIS DARN PANDEMIC! 😁  

 

if biden knows how to fix why didn't he tell owebama AESOME Aug 2020.jpg

 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

This appears to be the episode of the Today Show under discussion. Fauci said there was no reason for Americans to change their lifestyle......YET.  And, if Trump had followed the recommendations of Fauci and the CDC, thousands of American lives would not be lost with millions of American lives destroyed.  Thank you for bringing up the fact that you can not trust regressive sources and that Trump could have solved this in February.

I love the smell of factual information in the morning.

 

I listened to the entire article and Trump COULDN'T solve this in February and Dr Fauci couldn't either!  It was impossible to "contact trace" everyone who was in contact with the virus in February since the testing was not widely available in February and no one had the technology to "contact trace" until now!  It's really nice (and naïve) to blame Trump for his handling when you, I, or Joe Biden couldn't do better!  I say Biden was to blame.


You are absolutely correct, I misspoke, Trump could have kept this from becoming the death dealing pandemic it has become by simply being competent and capable of reading the "how to" book on pandemics the Obama administration put together after it successfully prevented a disaster with Ebola. He could not have SOLVED it in February.  I hope you will accept my apology. 

Honored Social Butterfly

You are absolutely correct, I misspoke, Trump could have kept this from becoming the death dealing pandemic it has become by simply being competent and capable of reading the "how to" book on pandemics the Obama administration put together after it successfully prevented a disaster with Ebola. He could not have SOLVED it in February.  I hope you will accept my apology. 

 

 

Since Obama is an expert on NOTHING, he probably didn't refer to it!

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Here's the real truth which Trump World will NOT accept. Trump has been a total failure in fighting the pandemic. He never took it seriously, he ignored the science, and he made wearing masks a constitutional issue instead of a SAFETY issue. Stop making excuses for the man and accept reality.

 

If you're not a cult member who rejects FACTS, we need only look at the results of Trump's Failure to lead America during the pandemic. 

 

5,648,275 cases in the U.S.

    175,843 DEATHS in the U.S.

Regular Social Butterfly

Yes i know, some will do the usual and attack the source and ignore everything else.  But for those of you, that are interested in the facts and truth read on...food for thought:

 

How Have Our Scientific Experts Gotten So Much Wrong?

July 20, 2020

 

Masks don’t make a difference. Remember that? It was about two months ago. The consensus of scientific experts who must be obeyed unless one is a Trump-loving troglodyte assured us that there was no need to don a silly mask. Today, masks are the Holy Grail of stopping the virus. How did that happen? What do we know in July that we didn’t know in May? Why did other countries seem to know the supposed value of masks while we didn’t?

 

I’ll give you another one. On February 29, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the Lord High Guru Of All Science, went on the “Today Show” and told Americans the virus was “low risk” and that we should not modify our behavior. Two weeks later we shut down the country and invited the most devastating economic collapse in generations. Again, how did that happen?

 

But of all the blunders by our elite intellects that must not be questioned, perhaps the most significant is one that President Trump pointed out in March only to be jeered and mocked. On March 4, the president told Sean Hannity that he had a hunch that the World Health Organization’s assertion that 3.4 percent of people who contracted the Chinese Virus would die was wrong. He said he believed the actual number was closer to .5 percent.

 

“Trump’s Gut Collides With Science,” mocked NPR. Even I threw shade at POTUS, not because I thought he was wrong but for using the term “hunch.” But guess what, folks? We now know that the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s “best estimate” for the mortality rate of the virus is .4 percent. Huh. Months after the mockery of him, it turns out Trump was right. It also turns out, and I know this is impossible so I can’t explain it, the scientific experts who must be obeyed were, how should I put this…um, (leans into microphone) “wrong.”

 

There have been a lot of mistakes made by our betters with fancy letters after their name, but perhaps none so consequential as the wildly inflated mortality rate back in February and March. To put it in perspective, at a 3.4 percent death rate if 50 million Americans contracted Covid, 1.7 million would die. At the mortality rate of .4 percent that number shrinks to 200,000. All loss of life is tragic, but scientists were having us destroy the economy and people’s lives based on a woefully faulty number.

 

At numerous times during this crisis our medical experts have seemed to have approximately the accuracy of a Magic 8 Ball displaying “signs point to yes.” They have gotten so much so wrong so often that we must reevaluate how we use the guidance they give. Instead of simply accepting that the experts’ models and predictions are a priori facts graven in stone on Mt. Sinai’s rock by the hand of God, we should be, well, a little more skeptical.

 

Let me be clear, I am not suggesting that anyone should disregard the expertise of scientists. But I am suggesting that we should look at it as one part of a complicated situation rather than allowing ourselves to be led off of a cliff we can see with our own eyes based solely on their findings. Perhaps the most important lesson of the coronavirus crisis is that being blinded by science is not a good thing. Science is a tool, not an oracle. It exists in a perpetual loop of proving itself wrong. In fact, that is pretty much its entire purpose.

 

So as we continue this struggle with the virus let’s keep that in mind. Let’s remember that the massive spikes in deaths predicted when Gov. Brian Kemp opened Georgia, or when Trump held a rally in Tulsa a month ago did not materialize. And yet still the science thumpers insist that we need to wait “2 more weeks.” Yes, its always 2 weeks away, and when it doesn’t happen it is still 2 weeks away. This is truly the Zeno’s paradox of communicable disease.

 

Should we listen to the experts? Sure. Should we blindly obey them without reference to our own common sense? That is what we have largely done so far and it has largely been a disaster.

 

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/20/how-have-our-scientific-experts-gotten-so-much-wrong/

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
267 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

Yes i know, some will do the usual and attack the source and ignore everything else.  But for those of you, that are interested in the facts and truth read on...food for thought:

 

How Have Our Scientific Experts Gotten So Much Wrong?

July 20, 2020

 

 


No "food for thought".  But plenty of manure for your garden!!!

 

Another bogus article from "The Federalist"  .... an extremist right wing ultra conservative  publication that advocated child molestation and older men having sex with young girls .....STATUTORY RAPE!!!

 

A publication like The Federalist is a smoldering pile of manure with absolutely NO CREDIBILITY!!!

 

 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Esteemed Social Butterfly

OK, I give up.  What is the point to posting articles maligning Fauci and downplaying the seriousness of the coronavirus?

 

That IMPOOPUS was right all along being the sole expert that he is and knows more about it than anyone (🤢) and the 170K+ deaths is what it is?  We should just use our own common sense?  Throw caution to the wind?  (Oh yeah, obviously many peeps lack common sense, because that worked out well. 🙄  Sort of like those people who said, "If I get it, I get it, but I am still going to go out and party hearty.")  The Federalist opinion was filled with so much doublespeak, my head is still spinning. 😵

 

What's the worst that can happen if you take precautions?  What's the worst if you don't?  Death?

Honored Social Butterfly

The federalist...what a nice right wing, trump supporter reference source!

And this is from 7-20-2020, along with infections and deaths have increased

 

What good plan do they have for the virus...are they medical authorities now!

Honored Social Butterfly

Personally, I would love it if Trump fired Fauci on national TV. It would crystalize all of Trump's incompetence in a single, public moment. 

 

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Esteemed Social Butterfly

The word 'truth' and memes all in the same post.  Hey, remember when Rush Limbaugh said "I hope Obama fails"?  But, irrelevant to the subject at hand.

 

IMPOOPUS likes to throw Fauci under the bus, goes to reason Donnie's groupies would, too.

 

@sunluvngal , tell me you wore and continue to wear a mask and you do not follow IMPOOPUS's irresponsible example.

Regular Social Butterfly

MsStretch wrote:

The word 'truth' and memes all in the same post.  Hey, remember when Rush Limbaugh said "I hope Obama fails"?  But, irrelevant to the subject at hand.

 

IMPOOPUS likes to throw Fauci under the bus, goes to reason Donnie's groupies would, too.

 

@sunluvngal , tell me you wore and continue to wear a mask and you do not follow IMPOOPUS's irresponsible example.

 

sunluvngal:

In regards to President Trump throwing fauci (or anybody else) under the bus...i have yet to see that.  I am,however, aware of the blinded by hate dems and their typical responses to the truth.

 

And you're right, the article posted...has nothing to do with President Trump...but the dems tend to always bring everything back to him.  As one poster has said, "President Trump lives rent free in their minds".  Ol' one track...🙄

 

LOL  Yep the truth can be shown ....  through memes, emoticons, emojis the list goes on and on...


 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
266 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal 

As always, trump supporters confuse the truth as being hateful...but, as always, the truth is not hateful...it’s just the truth. 
And the virus spread, is trump’s fault. 

Now, perhaps let us know what trump’s initial plan was to curtail the virus, and what is trump’s current plan. Thanks

Honored Social Butterfly

Always remember, the Cult Leader is never wrong or held accountable. Therefore, when things go badly, cult members must always find a scapegoat, so they can blame him/her, instead of Trump. Only in Trump World is the problem of the Pandemic caused by Dr. Fauci.

Honored Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking:    Always remember, the Cult Leader is never wrong or held accountable. Therefore, when things go badly, cult members must always find a scapegoat, so they can blame him/her, instead of Trump. Only in Trump World is the problem of the Pandemic caused by Dr. Fauci.

 

 

 

I think they didn't realize they were voting for a politician, they must have thought they were walking down the aisle saying 'til death do us part' in pulling the lever for Trump.

Regular Social Butterfly

The TRUTH is for everybody to read in my initial post.

 

Deny, debate it all you want. Nobody can change the truth.

 

 

 

i-hope-for-a-recession-to-get-rid-of-trump-34487896.png.badc57c15b97c66ae392d3585a73e5ec.png

 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
273 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

The TRUTH is for everybody to read in my initial post.

 

Deny, debate it all you want. Nobody can change the truth.

 


Yup .... Trump called the virus another Democratic hoax, ignored his own intelligence reports and romped around the country holding rallies and playing golf at his resorts while the virus was starting to spread across our country!!!

 

 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Oh, puh-leeze.  Yeah, yeah, it's all Dr. Fauci's fault.  (As if everyone would have been wearing a mask earlier if recommended; they moan and groan about their constitutional rights now! 🤦 But I digress.) 

 

Look at the timeline in the article - February, March.  Oh clearly, IMPOOPUS knew waaaay more about what was happening earlier on than Dr. Fauci. 

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Who does Fauci work for?

What happened to everyone who contradicted tRump?

Fauci waited until it was obvious the ToadPOTUS was not going to stop lying.

 

The US top infectious disease expert has disputed claims in a video shared on social media by President Trump about mask-wearing and the use of hydroxychloriquine to treat Covid-19.

Dr Anthony Fauci told the BBC's Katty Kay that it wasn't productive for him to judge the president's tweets or retweets but made it clear that his own view on masks was well known in the White House, adding that "it's not helpful" for conflicting guidance to be presented "when we are trying to get people to universally wear masks".

 

Only AFTER it becomes obvious to the general public that wearing masks is ESSENTIAL to stopping the spread of Kovid have Toad Worshipers try to shift the blame for not wearing masks from their entire leadership (esp Fox and Toad) to the expert they ignored for MONTHS while the virus spread and killed thousands.

Honored Social Butterfly

No one thinks Trump is a miracle worker. Not his employees, not his investors, and certainly not his citizens.  We DO expect the same level of competence enjoyed by other nations, however.  This would include a national plan for opening the businesses/institutions, a supply chain of personal protective equipment,and a unified message based on facts from the scientific community. as information becomes available. 

 

The Trump administration failure rate on this minimal set of expectations is 100%.    This is why the saying "Whatever Trump touches, fails" has become a meme in America. 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

It will take a miracle to clean up all the messes Trump self created, yes.
Regular Social Butterfly

Tom5678 wrote:
It will take a miracle to clean up all the messes Trump self created, yes.

 

 

 I'm sure you know, and obviously don't care, that your comment has nothing to do with this post.  Just a venue to spew the biden cult fabrications.

 

                         Good ol' liberal dems...🤣

LOL brains and a liberal June 2020.jpg

 


 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
215 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:
Tom5678 wrote:
It will take a miracle to clean up all the messes Trump self created, yes.

 

 

 I'm sure you know, and obviously don't care, that your comment has nothing to do with this post.  Just a venue to spew the biden cult fabrications.

As you brought up "miracle worker fixing the virus AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA....." the comment does indeed address what you stated in your post!!!

 

                         Good ol' liberal dems...🤣

LOL brains and a liberal June 2020.jpg

AND AS A LIBERAL, I ALREADY HAVE A BRAIN.

 

SO GIVE THAT ONE TO A TRUMP SUPPORTER!


 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png