Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dow rallies 1,000 points, logging its biggest single-day point gain ever

Message 1 of 27

Thank you for posting this topic KidBoy2 !  You have shown how volatile the stock market has become because of the narcissistic idiot we have in the White House.

Again .............. thank you !!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

Up again today. "Thank you Mr. Obama" - right guys????

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

@GailL1 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

It's 2 PM and the DOW is down over 550 points!

Now that was a really wild ride today.  Kind of making me sea-sick.  UP, down, UP, down, UP - yea, for today.

Get used to it. With no policy on trade or tariffs or any idea what negotiations will look like, the markets are going to be all over the map. I miss having a president who understood economics and capitalism. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Now that was a really wild ride today.  Kind of making me sea-sick.  UP, down, UP, down, UP - yea, for today.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The above means it's time for our Trump Cult members to disappear from this thread. But hold on, if and when the market starts to rise, they will come back to praise their Supreme Leader, giving him all the credit. I'm LOL.

Hey....wasn't that already "dealt with"????  

Image result for smiley lmao gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Dow rallies 1,000 points, logging its biggest single-day point gain ever

Message 6 of 27

The above means it's time for our Trump Cult members to disappear from this thread. But hold on, if and when the market starts to rise, they will come back to praise their Supreme Leader, giving him all the credit. I'm LOL.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The gain in the DJA yesterday is called a "dead cat bounce" - drop a cat off a 50 story building, and after it hits the pavement, it will APPEAR to jump back up, but its just a bounce. As of noon today it's down another 250 points.

I believe this is the textbook example of "Market volatility".  The market most investors want to see is graphed like a man walking up stairs and charting a yo-yo. What we are seeing is the arc of an axe murderer really getting into his work. 

The Republicans want to put a strobe light on the markets. "Look NOW. Now don't look. Look NOW. Now don't look".  It just does not work that way. 

I miss the Obama recovery. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

@CriticalThinking wrote:

RK wrote, "

The following "issue" was directly dealt with:

Never forget the Trump Cult state of mind. When the market rises in value, they give credit to their Supreme Leader, Comrade Trump.

But when the market plummets, they look for a scapegoat because they will NEVER hold their Supreme Leader accountable."

No, it was never dealt with as RK did as he normally does, he changed the subject. He never responded to the comment I made. But that isn't necessary because we know the comment above is completely accurate. That's exactly how Trump Cult members respond to events both positive and negative.

rk did not change the subject. He responded directly to, 

"Never forget the Trump Cult state of mind. When the market rises in value, they give credit to their Supreme Leader, Comrade Trump.

But when the market plummets, they look for a scapegoat because they will NEVER hold their Supreme Leader accountable."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

The gain in the DJA yesterday is called a "dead cat bounce" - drop a cat off a 50 story building, and after it hits the pavement, it will APPEAR to jump back up, but its just a bounce. As of noon today it's down another 250 points.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27
Everyone knows markets do better when things are stable. Reports of volatility in many areas cause these wild swings. Trump and his admin are their own worst enemy at maintaining any kind of stability. Wingers of course, deny this.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors