Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 25

@Richva wrote:

And anyone looking at their investments from last year is still shaking their heads and asking what the hell have we gotten ourselves into?  How could we put a man who does not like to read in charge of our economy?  

Well, a small price to pay for the dismantling of the GOP.  Sooner or later, the annual return statements arrive and a one day positive swing becomes lost in the swamp of negative returns. 

The only head shaking should be about people who think the stock market is a rational entity that slowly and gradually shifts. It is an emotional entity very much moved by automated processes. 

When the annual returns arrive and show that, despite the daily volatility, it is in positive territory, heads will shake wondering what all the negativity about our President is about.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

And anyone looking at their investments from last year is still shaking their heads and asking what the hell have we gotten ourselves into?  How could we put a man who does not like to read in charge of our economy?  

Well, a small price to pay for the dismantling of the GOP.  Sooner or later, the annual return statements arrive and a one day positive swing becomes lost in the swamp of negative returns. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Wow I'm impressed too , after the worst December since the great depression !! Thanks wilfully blind !!

If you will check the change from inauguration day to yesterday's closing, I believe you will see that there is no justification for all this snide negativity.

The Dow on 1/1/2016 closed at: 18,037.10

The Dow on 1/4/2019 closed at:  23,433.16

What are they fussing about?

Obama took office in 2009 with the DOW at 7550 and, as you can see above, left with it at 18,000+, an increase of 238%.

Individual-1's productivity in the financial arena gets an "F" compared to Obama's....... a mere 29%.

His ineptitude with finance as evidenced by his multiple bankruptcies is going to drive this economy into the ground.

Follow the bouncing ball - we are talking about the success of President Trump's economic plan, not how the markets came back naturally from the housing boom bust.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Stocks rallied on Friday after two positive pieces of news for the market.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/stock-market-investors-react-to-us-china-trade-talks.html

Just barely recovering the 660 points lost the day before.

INDIVIDUAL-1 has taken a growing economy, supplied for him on a silver platter, by the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, introduced tariffs, trade wars, and ill will throughout the international community that resulted in the STOCK MARKET taking the worst dive in December since the:

GREAT DEPRESSION

What are you shouting about? The market is up a healthy amount since the President took office.

Even when the market was up; it was up less than during the Obama Administration.

It is DOWN for 2018 and, lord help us, from his actions so far, I see a lot of people losing their savings.

He is a financial idiot.

You know, most people experience NO BANKRUPTCIES. Some experience ONE BANKRUPTCY. But this financial fool has experienced MULTIPLE BANKRUPTCIES.

And now it's with our money.

No, it is up nicely since the inauguration - no matter how much you shout extraneous stuff.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

@jimc91 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Wow I'm impressed too , after the worst December since the great depression !! Thanks wilfully blind !!

If you will check the change from inauguration day to yesterday's closing, I believe you will see that there is no justification for all this snide negativity.

Obama took office in 2009 with the DOW at 7550 and, as you can see above, left with it at 18,000+, an increase of 238%.

Individual-1's productivity in the financial arena gets an "F" compared to Obama's....... a mere 29%.

His ineptitude with finance as evidenced by his multiple bankruptcies is going to drive this economy into the ground.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Stocks rallied on Friday after two positive pieces of news for the market.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/stock-market-investors-react-to-us-china-trade-talks.html

Just barely recovering the 660 points lost the day before.

INDIVIDUAL-1 has taken a growing economy, supplied for him on a silver platter, by the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, introduced tariffs, trade wars, and ill will throughout the international community that resulted in the STOCK MARKET taking the worst dive in December since the:

GREAT DEPRESSION

What are you shouting about? The market is up a healthy amount since the President took office.

Even when the market was up; it was up less than during the Obama Administration.

It is DOWN for 2018 and, lord help us, from his actions so far, I see a lot of people losing their savings.

He is a financial idiot.

You know, most people experience NO BANKRUPTCIES. Some experience ONE BANKRUPTCY. But this financial fool has experienced MULTIPLE BANKRUPTCIES.

And now it's with our money.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

@CriticalThinking wrote:

@the first week in October, the DOW closed @  26,828

Shortly after that, Trump doubled down on his idiotic tariffs and the trade war with China. Then we learned the deficit was soaring under Trump. Interest rates for Auto, Credit Cards, Mortgages, and Tuition loans also rose significantly. 

Then the DOW dropped a near record in the month of December. On Friday January 5th, the DOW closed at 23,433 after a huge 746 point gain.

Since the first week of October, the DOW lost a staggering 3,395 points!

Because of the trade war, soaring deficit, and rising interest rates, many economists are predicting a signficant slow down and a possible recession for 2019. Of course those are only projections.

Yep... You never get hurt taking a profit.  I took some profit.

Buy low and sell high.  Works every time

A LOT of people and institutions took some profit.  I don't know why this is so confusing...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

The first week in October, the DOW closed @  26,828

Shortly after that, Trump doubled down on his idiotic tariffs and the trade war with China. Then we learned the deficit was soaring under Trump. Interest rates for Auto, Credit Cards, Mortgages, and Tuition loans also rose significantly. 

Then the DOW dropped a near record in the month of December. On Friday January 5th, the DOW closed at 23,433 after a huge 746 point gain.

Since the first week of October, the DOW lost a staggering 3,395 points!

Because of the trade war, soaring deficit, and rising interest rates, many economists are predicting a signficant slow down and a possible recession for 2019. Of course those are only projections.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors