Social Butterfly

Donnie's Mother Illegal Immigrant?

Anyone know if it's  true that Donnie's Mother, Mary Anne Macleod, illegally immigrated to the US in 1929? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 wrote:

Anyone know if it's  true that Donnie's Mother, Mary Anne Macleod, illegally immigrated to the US in 1929? 

Dontcha know that it doesn't matter to any donaldvoters what Trump or any of his family members (past or present) may have or may have not done?

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Copy of Mary Anne MacLeod's 10 March 1942 naturalization certificate, issued by New York’s Eastern District Court

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trumps-mother-illegal-immigrant/

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 1.54.14 PM

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trumps-mother-illegal-immigrant/

Hint:  Documentation otherwise is there.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

From Wikipedia:

"According to the Scottish newspaper The National, Mary Anne MacLeod was issued immigration visa number 26698 at Glasgow on February 17, 1930. On May 2, 1930, MacLeod departed Glasgow on board the RMS Transylvania arriving in New York City on May 11, 1930‍—‌one day after her 18th birthday, declaring she intended to become a U.S. citizen and would be staying permanently in America.

Arriving in America with just $50, MacLeod lived with her older sister Christina Matheson on Long Island and worked as a domestic servant for at least four years. The 1930 United States Census lists her occupation as maid or domestic.

Though the 1940 U.S. Census form filed by Mary Anne and Fred Trump stated that she was a naturalized citizen, her naturalization did not actually take place until March 10, 1942.

However, there is no evidence to suggest that Mary Anne was in violation of any immigration laws at any time prior to her naturalization in 1942, as she frequently traveled internationally but was able to re-enter the U.S. afterwards."

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Social Butterfly

Thanks ASTRAEA, I didn't think about checking Wikipedia.

And rker321 - Do you just sit there waiting to attack

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 wrote:
Thanks ASTRAEA, I didn't think about checking Wikipedia.

And rker321 - Do you just sit there waiting to attack

Thas wasn't an attack, I am sorry that you interpreted that way. The only thing that I was trying to convey is the fact that whether his mother came in illegally or not, Really!!!!!  is that so terribly important to this country now?
Why not bring up probably the terrible deals that his father made also before Trump inherited his millions. 
Come on!!!!!!!!  We  all have enough problems with this Administration to bring up things that are really too small and irrelevant to even have a post about them. So very sorry that you cannot see that.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It's an adventure.

Just when you think the epitome of pettiness has been reached - batta-boom - along comes a topic like this.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

It's an adventure.

Just when you think the epitome of pettiness has been reached - batta-boom - along comes a topic like this.

Look RK people when they get emotional they are not too rational so let's simply disregard any more comments. I am sure that she understands that it was not too cool to mention Trump's mother's  actions didregarding of what they where.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It's an adventure.

Look RK people when they get emotional they are not too rational so let's simply disregard any more comments. I am sure that she understands that it was not too cool to mention Trump's mother's  actions didregarding of what they where.

Sounds like a plan - I shall disregard your comments.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 wrote:

No offense, but, what does that piece of news has any relevance today?

Please, Trump has enough bad things about him, at least he had a mother. LOL

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png