Honored Social Butterfly

Donald makes FAKE Time Magazine cover

Donald and his supporters seem to believe that Information that appears in the media that  disagrees with with Donald regime is FAKE and Donald goes to Twitter to tell his folks that the information is false, aka False News.

So what happens when framed pictures start appearing at Donald-"owned" establishments that are FAKE?    Donald says he is a hands on guy and lots agree with him....so does that mean that he approves of FAKE pictures of himself...as someone had to go to a fair amount of trouble to create the FAKE pictures:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-cl...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Getting a FAKE "cover of TIME" selfie is no problem - my son got one with him in a tux on the cover of FORTUNE (tagline -"Too young to quit, Too rich to fail") for a couple bucks at the county fair when he was in jrhi. The difference is he didn't hand it out to friends pretending it was real and it disappeared into a closet after less than a year adorning his dresser - a simple, short-lived, gag.

When a 60-something man does this and tells everybody it's real and uses it to hype his image, he's deeply disturbed, but not so much as those who defend him doing it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

When a 60-something man does this and tells everybody it's real and uses it to hype his image, 

@Olderscout66 Can you please post a link to Trump saying these covers are authentic Time mag covers?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

trump is the poster child for FAKE NEWS!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Cent--Donald trump IS the poster child for fake news, but over and above that, he IS THE BIGGEST FAKE TO EVER WEASEL HIS STUPID BACKSIDE INTO THE WH--DISGRACING HIMSELF AND THIS NATION.  How much more proof do the lemmings who still sing his praises need to see the truth--oh wait, LOVE IS BLIND--extremely blind!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Just tossing this out there: Making up (and selling) magazine covers/ above-the-fold news headlines is an art form. Anyone who has competed in a few athletic events probably knows that. They are sold as art, keepsakes, mementos. DH and I have a few of these 'fake' covers on our office walls. Nobody who looks at them thinks that the covers are real. 

As you were.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

@Epster wrote:

Just tossing this out there: Making up (and selling) magazine covers/ above-the-fold news headlines is an art form. Anyone who has competed in a few athletic events probably knows that. They are sold as art, keepsakes, mementos. DH and I have a few of these 'fake' covers on our office walls. Nobody who looks at them thinks that the covers are real. 

Do those who have these pieces of art portray them as authentic?  Which do you think applies to trump, art, keepsake or momento?

I would expect you and DH aren't "frauds". trump has a history of fraudulent behavior and an incredible record of lying, mistruths, disinformation and FAKE NEWS.

Honored Social Butterfly

Cent-You are absolutely correct. In word, deed, and action trump is an egomaniac to whom fraud comes as naturally as breathing.

BTW, my grandson's football team offered fake mag. covers with pic. and headlines pertaining to each player. No one has ever come to my home and admired that framed item without being told the truth.

DO YOU SUPPOSE THERE IS A DISCLAIMER ON THE BOGUS TIMES' COVER??

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

Cent-You are absolutely correct. In word, deed, and action trump is an egomaniac to whom fraud comes as naturally as breathing.

BTW, my grandson's football team offered fake mag. covers with pic. and headlines pertaining to each player. No one has ever come to my home and admired that framed item without being told the truth.

DO YOU SUPPOSE THERE IS A DISCLAIMER ON THE BOGUS TIMES' COVER??

Not on his life!

I also have one of the "covers"; it "hangs" quietly in the bedroom closet.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

trump is the poster child for FAKE NEWS!

A true statement , thanks.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png