Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donald Trump’s Base Is Shrinking

Message 1 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

centrists wrote --IMO, if the GOP actually HAD a "good candidate", they would be President right now.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------He Was and is....saving Bush from being the worst President of ALL time....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

Does anyone really believe that polls are accurate after being so wrong in November . A     poll I read 2 weeks ago said Trump would win again only with a bigger margin if election were held today. Everyone I know who voted for Trump said they vote for him again over Hillary. 

Poll results depend entirely on what questions are asked, of whom and how.  Unless you first evaluate the pollsters for their objetivity and integrity and discard those lacking those character traits, you will inevitably be misled about the actual meaning of the results.  

For example, you do not specify of whom that poll was taken, by whom it was taken, what questions were asked and how they were worded. Whether or not that omission was deliberate is known only to you. 

The 'everyone' you cite just might not represent a valid sampling of the overall population.  The source is not cited.  No one else can check it.  The 'election' put it into the Trump vs. Hillary context. That that was then, this is now.  Results have little meaning, if any, relevant to much of anything.  

Propaganda told by propagandists and their tools..  Partisans do that sort of thing without compunction.  As a group, they cannot be trusted to tell the truth no matter which side they happen to be on.  In your case it is quite obvious. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

centrists wrote --IMO, if the GOP actually HAD a "good candidate", they would be President right now.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------He Was and is.    Thank You for pointing that out.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

Does anyone really believe that polls are accurate after being so wrong in November . A     poll I read 2 weeks ago said Trump would win again only with a bigger margin if election were held today. Everyone I know who voted for Trump said they vote for him again over Hillary. 

Plus one.

Although, I am shrinking. I've lost 5 pounds since the election. This by plan, however. FWIW and all. Smiley Wink

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

Richva wrote-Here is an interesting poll. I have noticed a marked increase in conservative posters here who are now beginning their posts with "I was never a fan of Trump but...."  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You have to realize that we had 17 good candidates and Hillary only 2. She was the chosen one so the other two never had a chance with the Democrat machine behind her and the liberal press. Trump wasn`t my first choice but he came out on top and that was good enough to gain my support.

Apparently, what defines a "good candidate" is highly subjective.  btw, there were 22 candidates.  What made Rick Perry a "good candidate"?

IMO, if the GOP actually HAD a "good candidate", they would be President right now.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

I completely disagree with the title of this thread. Trump's base has no standards for the man, they never hold him accountable for anything, so how can they be disappointed? In fact, I think it's just the opposite. The more investigative reports reveal how crooked Trump is, the more loyal his base becomes.

When a reputable newspaper or website reports wrong doing by Trump or members of his administration, intelligent people get upset. But Trump lovers don't examine the facts, they perceive a news report as proof that the media is out to get their billionaire hero. 

Didn't you once think that conservatives pereceived Russia as our enemy? Guess that isn't true for Trump Lovers.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

Richva wrote-Here is an interesting poll. I have noticed a marked increase in conservative posters here who are now beginning their posts with "I was never a fan of Trump but...."  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You have to realize that we had 17 good candidates and Hillary only 2. She was the chosen one so the other two never had a chance with the Democrat machine behind her and the liberal press. Trump wasn`t my first choice but he came out on top and that was good enough to gain my support.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

Here is an interesting poll. I have noticed a marked increase in conservative posters here who are now beginning their posts with "I was never a fan of Trump but...."  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

@easyed598 wrote:

Those who understand polling and polls believe polls are usually accurate indicators.  They also understand what +/- factors mean.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

Kudos
Views